Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Let me first say I am an Either fan, but if we could improve the ball club , then trade him. We must have an outfield option first--- If we sign Bourne, then we could trade Either for an inf who could provide a little more offensive punch and def. Just don't know who that would be or atleast be available

vCash
    M'S & Rangers both need a power Guy in RF and being that there is no f.a to bee had Ernie could fit right in for both of those teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaktownRaider92 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/405/andre-ethier

i mean hes a tad overrated but i would like him for another year or two
    however i wouldnt be heartbroken if a guy like Puig or Pederson is ready
    THOUGHTS?
    Not a fan of this idea at all and fairly surprised it's even on the table..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    IMO, Bourne makes us better by giving us one of the best lead off hitters and defensive CFs in the game.

His presence in the outfield gives us another GG to replace the would-be outgoing GG, and bumps Kemp to RF. This would give, quite possibly, the FASTEST OUTFIELD IN ML HISTORY. Seriously, nothing would get by these guys. It also means Kemp would be running a lot less, keeping his legs fresh from the constant pounding of his big frame. I'd imagine we'd see more SB attempts from Kemp as a result.

Additionally, Bourne would solidify the only legitimate offensive concern we have - leadoff. My one concern is that he strikes out frequently for a lead off hitter, but his OBP is still high enough to keep that concern at bay.

But what it really comes down to is what a package around Dre can get us. If we can center a deal around Dre and cash, that included the likes of Gordon, Cap, Harang, Van Slyke, etc., we could make a team competitive now, and give them prospects for the future.

Essentially, if trading Dre can net us the leadoff hitter we desperately need, and Asdrubal Cabrera or another Ace-type pitcher, I say do it.
    The outfield trio of Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, and Andy Van Slyke stole exactly 200 bases in 1985. I don't think Bourn/Kemp/Crawford could steal that many bags in a season.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rasajr23 View Post
    Just imagine having Profar and Puig playing for us.. All we would need is Cespedes and we'll have the Cuban triple threat!!!
    Profar isn't Cuban he is dutch

vCash
    Keep Dre
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The outfield trio of Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, and Andy Van Slyke stole exactly 200 bases in 1985. I don't think Bourn/Kemp/Crawford could steal that many bags in a season.

Damn you, Dave! Raining on my parade with your history and facts!

I stand corrected... McGee and Coleman were f'in fast, and Van Slyke had some wheels too.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 12-22-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    I recall everyone in this forum and in the media wanting to trade Kemp a few years ago

I was the only person saying it's a bad idea, DONT DO IT. Kemp is our foundation.

I was right, of course.

Now im telling you all, trading Dre is LUNACY!!!

IDC what prospect r in the pipeline or what Cuban defector has been signed ---- You don't trade a player like Dre.

He had a down year, but this guy has the talent to win the batting title. Not to mention he is solid defensively.

We shall speak no more of this subject ---

Dre Stays
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103

vCash
    1. Kemp was 25-ish when people were wanting him gone.

2. Ethier is going to be 31.

Two different things.

vCash
    Haha! PJ's recall is priceless... "I was the only person saying... DON'T DO IT!"

Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 12-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    I recall everyone in this forum and in the media wanting to trade Kemp a few years ago

I was the only person saying it's a bad idea, DONT DO IT. Kemp is our foundation.

I was right, of course.

Now im telling you all, trading Dre is LUNACY!!!

IDC what prospect r in the pipeline or what Cuban defector has been signed ---- You don't trade a player like Dre.

He had a down year, but this guy has the talent to win the batting title. Not to mention he is solid defensively.

We shall speak no more of this subject ---

Dre Stays
    Thank God you posted this because I almost forgot that you were always right. Like the time you predicted that you were a gigantic douche, you really nailed that one I might add. Knowing Kemp was going to be a great ballplayer, you may have been the only one on the entire planet that caught that one. What would we do without your amazing insight and knowledge. Oh wise one, please tell us Kershaw is going to be great so we can all rest easier because I can't tell if he's going to be good or not. Good thing you're not a Yankee fan, I'd hate to see all of your awesomeness wasted on the Yankees. I guess I've made my point, good day gentlemen.

vCash
    Anybody that entertains the idea of trading Dre is as foolish as the people that said kemp is garbage and to trade him

wait, you probably ARE the same people...

I guess Ive made my point, good day gentlemen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Thank God you posted this because I almost forgot that you were always right. Like the time you predicted that you were a gigantic douche, you really nailed that one I might add. Knowing Kemp was going to be a great ballplayer, you may have been the only one on the entire planet that caught that one. What would we do without your amazing insight and knowledge. Oh wise one, please tell us Kershaw is going to be great so we can all rest easier because I can't tell if he's going to be good or not. Good thing you're not a Yankee fan, I'd hate to see all of your awesomeness wasted on the Yankees. I guess I've made my point, good day gentlemen.
    I knew you wouldn't let me down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Anybody that entertains the idea of trading Dre is as foolish as the people that said kemp is garbage and to trade him

wait, you probably ARE the same people...

I guess Ive made my point, good day gentlemen
    Must be hard to be a troll when no one takes you seriously

vCash
    I love a good debate between such gentlemen. Be nice it is almost Christmas and Santa Johnson is watching

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast