Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can not wait for the winter meetings because I get the feeling Christmas is coming early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15:24124009
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

You always make me laugh, brother.

I was trying to say something similar, but maybe slightly less harsh
    It's hard to treat complete stupidity with kid gloves all of the time. He's quite possibly the best pitcher in the game on a team that carries a fairly low team salary. Not to mention he's absolutely the most popular player on that team. Seattle doesn't have much, they're keeping Felix as long as he continues to pitch the way he does. I personally don't understand why that's so hard to grasp.

Who wants to pitch for a crappy team? ..all that talent going to waste....might as well pitch for a contendting team if your that good..makes sense to me.

vCash
    Mariners quite possibly could be good soon.. They're stacked in the minor leagues

vCash
    Looks like we have some new Ethier trade talk going around today.

Nick Swisher or Michael Borne as possible replacements if he is traded.

The F.A market is limited and not much in terms of impact bats left to be had.
    I still think if we didn't lock up Ethier he would have gotten a bigger payday then what we gave him.

With that being said would be an interesting deal for Ethier?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...-agents-121812

vCash
    Trade him and give Sands a shot out there.

Wait...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    Looks like we have some new Ethier trade talk going around today.

Nick Swisher or Michael Borne as possible replacements if he is traded.

The F.A market is limited and not much in terms of impact bats left to be had.
    I still think if we didn't lock up Ethier he would have gotten a bigger payday then what we gave him.

With that being said would be an interesting deal for Ethier?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...-agents-121812
    Would be stupid to trade Eithier and sign Bourne or Swisher. How would that better the team? It wouldnt...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Trade him and give Sands a shot out there.

Wait...
    Are you saying trade Eithier for Sands straight up?

vCash
    ethier for sands sounds like a fair trade only if we cover all of ethiers salary for the duration of his contract
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
    Would be stupid to trade Eithier and sign Bourne or Swisher. How would that better the team? It wouldnt...
    IMO, Bourne makes us better by giving us one of the best lead off hitters and defensive CFs in the game.

His presence in the outfield gives us another GG to replace the would-be outgoing GG, and bumps Kemp to RF. This would give, quite possibly, the FASTEST OUTFIELD IN ML HISTORY. Seriously, nothing would get by these guys. It also means Kemp would be running a lot less, keeping his legs fresh from the constant pounding of his big frame. I'd imagine we'd see more SB attempts from Kemp as a result.

Additionally, Bourne would solidify the only legitimate offensive concern we have - leadoff. My one concern is that he strikes out frequently for a lead off hitter, but his OBP is still high enough to keep that concern at bay.

But what it really comes down to is what a package around Dre can get us. If we can center a deal around Dre and cash, that included the likes of Gordon, Cap, Harang, Van Slyke, etc., we could make a team competitive now, and give them prospects for the future.

Essentially, if trading Dre can net us the leadoff hitter we desperately need, and Asdrubal Cabrera or another Ace-type pitcher, I say do it.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

vCash
    I would have loved to have Bourne 3 years ago.

I dont see Bourne being as good as he is now 2 - 3 years down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    IMO, Bourne makes us better by giving us one of the best lead off hitters and defensive CFs in the game.

His presence in the outfield gives us another GG to replace the would-be outgoing GG, and bumps Kemp to RF. This would give, quite possibly, the FASTEST OUTFIELD IN ML HISTORY. Seriously, nothing would get by these guys. It also means Kemp would be running a lot less, keeping his legs fresh from the constant pounding of his big frame. I'd imagine we'd see more SB attempts from Kemp as a result.

Additionally, Bourne would solidify the only legitimate offensive concern we have - leadoff. My one concern is that he strikes out frequently for a lead off hitter, but his OBP is still high enough to keep that concern at bay.

But what it really comes down to is what a package around Dre can get us. If we can center a deal around Dre and cash, that included the likes of Gordon, Cap, Harang, Van Slyke, etc., we could make a team competitive now, and give them prospects for the future.

Essentially, if trading Dre can net us the leadoff hitter we desperately need, and Asdrubal Cabrera or another Ace-type pitcher, I say do it.

this

vCash
    I wouldn't trade Ethier at all.

We have had only Eric Karros play from the beginning to the end of his career as a Dodger. After the fantasy baseball stupidity of FOX trading Piazza (who should be a HoF as a Dodger, but won't) and the McCheapness of McCourt making moves because of money, it is time to restore some tradition and heritage to the franchise. Ethier deserves to be regarded as a career Dodger for his clutch play when it counts and I believe you stay committed to those types of players.

vCash
    if we can get bourne and move either, I'd be all for it.

better range in centerfield, kemp to right field, less chance of him running into walls or hurting his leg trying to hustle after balls and he'll have more energy to hit than having to expel it all in the field.

I love Ethier but man, to have a true lead off hitter and kemp in Rf and a great defensive center fielder, i'm all for it.

Bourne, then Crawford then Kemp is a SICK 1-2-3 in terms of speed, hitting and power. we'd be the most feared line up in baseball

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    I wouldn't trade Ethier at all.

We have had only Eric Karros play from the beginning to the end of his career as a Dodger. After the fantasy baseball stupidity of FOX trading Piazza (who should be a HoF as a Dodger, but won't) and the McCheapness of McCourt making moves because of money, it is time to restore some tradition and heritage to the franchise. Ethier deserves to be regarded as a career Dodger for his clutch play when it counts and I believe you stay committed to those types of players.

Kemp will be a dodger for his whole career

Im for moving Ethier if :

A. We can sign bourn for 3 years max.
    B. We receive young prospects and/or asdrubal cabrera

We need a leadoff hitter in bourn and adding a SS of cabrera's caliber allows hanley to move to third making us much better defensively

Bourn
    Crawford
    Kemp
    Gonzo
    Ramirez
    Cabrera
    Ellis
    Ellis

vCash
    i'll believe it when I see it

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast