Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican dodger View Post
    Only if we can get Felix Hernandez and sign grenkie and Hamilton
    I would trade Ethier in a heartbeat as part of a package to get King Felix. I just wonder what the limitation is on our payroll. Those two guys will command big bucks and we might have to eat some of Ethier's salary to net King Felix on top of that. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987:24121500
    I would trade Ethier in a heartbeat as part of a package to get King Felix. I just wonder what the limitation is on our payroll. Those two guys will command big bucks and we might have to eat some of Ethier's salary to net King Felix on top of that. lol.
    Ethier, Zack Lee, Dee Gordon. That would be tempting. Top prospect young SS and a proven RF & future DH.

vCash
    Why do people still insist on talking about Felix Hernandez like it's actually a possibility he's going anywhere, let alone L.A. Try to use a little common sense when posting please. FELIX HERNANDEZ ISN'T GOING TO BE TRADED TO ANYONE ANYTIME SOON. If everyone says that last sentence 10 times maybe it'll stick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987:24121500
    Ethier, Zack Lee, Dee Gordon. That would be tempting. Top prospect young SS and a proven RF & future DH.
    I don't know... I know to us it seems reasonable, but to the Mariners I don't think that's quite enough. If you had Felix and someone offered that package, would you take it?

Maybe if we ate a ton of Dre's salary and added more prospects it becomes more feasible. The problem is that prospect package would likely have to include Seagar, Puig, Pederson, or some combination of them.

Unless we're seriously replacing Dre with a better bat, it just makes more sense to keep him and sign a Peavy or Kuroda in free agency.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Why do people still insist on talking about Felix Hernandez like it's actually a possibility he's going anywhere, let alone L.A. Try to use a little common sense when posting please. FELIX HERNANDEZ ISN'T GOING TO BE TRADED TO ANYONE ANYTIME SOON. If everyone says that last sentence 10 times maybe it'll stick.

You always make me laugh, brother.

I was trying to say something similar, but maybe slightly less harsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

You always make me laugh, brother.

I was trying to say something similar, but maybe slightly less harsh
    It's hard to treat complete stupidity with kid gloves all of the time. He's quite possibly the best pitcher in the game on a team that carries a fairly low team salary. Not to mention he's absolutely the most popular player on that team. Seattle doesn't have much, they're keeping Felix as long as he continues to pitch the way he does. I personally don't understand why that's so hard to grasp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    what the hell was the point of giving him that big *** contract? we could have let him walk and just took the draft picks?
    Because that contract was less than market value and since it seems to have a no no-trade clause, it allows us to move him and get all kinds of goodies. Premium OF are pretty easy to get, and a lot easier than premium pitchers or infielders.

I'm not saying I want him traded, I'm just pointing out the reason why it would be considered.
    5>2

vCash
    I thought if you lost a player through free agency that there were no more compensation draft picks. I'm not sure where I heard that, did anyone else hear this?

vCash
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/405/andre-ethier

Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com was told by a source that a trade of Andre Ethier is "not happening."ESPN's Buster Olney reported Monday that the Dodgers are "open to the idea" of trading Ethier this offseason, but Heyman writes that the report was shot down by two people familiar with the team's thinking. Ethier just signed an extension with the Dodgers in June which will pay him $85 million over the next five seasons. Many believed that the contract was a reach in the first place, so if the Dodgers are legitimately looking for a match, they would likely have to pick up some of the tab or take back a similarly questionable contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    If they were going to trade Felix I'd assume they wouldn't want a glorified platoon player. But like Gibby said, I would think they would want more. And then there's also what bmu said which I agree with.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Trade Ethier and a prospect or two for Shields, then have Puig play the OF, and sign Grienke

C-Ellis
    1B-Gonzo
    2B-Ellis
    3B-Cruz/Hanley
    SS-Hanley/Gordon
    OF-Puig/Kemp/Crawford

SP-Kershaw/Grienke/Shields/Beckett/Capuano
    CL-League?

Note: I would try to trade Bills as well
    Last edited by numba1CHANGsta; 10-31-2012 at 01:55 AM.

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Trade Ethier and a prospect or two for Shields, then have Puig play the OF, and sign Grienke

C-Ellis
    1B-Gonzo
    2B-Ellis
    3B-Cruz/Hanley
    SS-Hanley/Gordon
    OF-Puig/Kemp/Crawford

CL-League?

Trade Bills? Why can't he get no love from the Dodger fans?
    5>2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAFord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post

C-Ellis
    1B-Gonzo
    2B-Ellis
    3B-Cruz/Hanley
    SS-Hanley/Gordon
    OF-Puig/Kemp/Crawford

CL-League?

Trade Bills? Why can't he get no love from the Dodger fans?
    NO WAY to trading Bills.!! I with you..why the no love for Bills?

And Puig is 2 years away from being ready...same as Joc Pederson. Stop dreaming people.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    How can you trade your only healthy outfielder when the 2/3 of your outfield is not sure to be healthy for opening day. There is something I don't understand that thread. OF of Hairston/Gwynn jr/Punto ? Impressive isn't it ?
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue french View Post
    How can you trade your only healthy outfielder when the 2/3 of your outfield is not sure to be healthy for opening day. There is something I don't understand that thread. OF of Hairston/Gwynn jr/Punto ? Impressive isn't it ?
    Latest I've heard is that team doctors anticipate both Crawford and Kemp being ready for ST... ray:

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast