Mike Pelfrey - $5.7MM
    Andres Torres - $3.2MM
    Daniel Murphy - $3MM
    Ike Davis - $2.8MM
    Bobby Parnell - $1.5MM
    Josh Thole - $1.2MM
    Manny Acosta - $1.1MM
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...RqLDg4QQ3gF.99

I have a feeling Murphy will be dealt and Valdespin will play 2B, that would free up salary.

Assuming we non-tender Pelfrey and Torres, the above five will make $9.6MM.

vCash
    I'm doing the math, and right now Santana, Wright, Dickey, Bay, Niese, Francisco, Murphy, Ike, Thole, Acosta, and Parnell will make about $92MM combined next season. That's 11 players.

Now Harvey, Gee, Baxter, Turner, Valdespin, Duda, Tejada, Edgin, Kirk, and Carson will make about $500k each, and those are 10 players. So all together that is $97MM with 4 spots open on the roster.

If the plan is to keep the payroll at $100MM next season, there will be no flexibility whatsoever to make moves.

vCash
    Yeah we might need to promote vendors and ticket takers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm doing the math, and right now Santana, Wright, Dickey, Bay, Niese, Francisco, Murphy, Ike, Thole, Acosta, and Parnell will make about $92MM combined next season. That's 11 players.

Now Harvey, Gee, Baxter, Turner, Valdespin, Duda, Tejada, Edgin, Kirk, and Carson will make about $500k each, and those are 10 players. So all together that is $97MM with 4 spots open on the roster.

If the plan is to keep the payroll at $100MM next season, there will be no flexibility whatsoever to make moves.

When we get to 2014, it's going to be much the same story. Yes, Bay and JS are off, but much of that will get swallowed up.

vCash
    I'm confident they will add significant pieces via the FA market or trade after next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm confident they will add significant pieces via the FA market or trade after next year.

You have a lot to learn about the Coupons young Jedi. But I hope you are right.