Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Premium on O linemen in upcoming drafts?

Highly paid quarterbacks dropping like flies. Most of the ones who aren't out of the lineup are playing at less than full efficiency due to nagging injuries. Teams have to find a way to keep them in the lineup. Roethlisberger, Vick, Cutler, and Smith are all working on $100 million range contracts I think. It's less than half way through the season, counting playoffs.

The Eagles and Bears sure but the 49ers have invested in there line but if thats the best player available then they probably will unless they like somebody else.

bears need to grab an o lineman

Seems to me that the top end defensive players have gotten the jump on top end offensive players in recent years. At least as far as the trenchs are concerned. That goes a long ways to explaining the rash of quarterback injuries. Two seasons ago only half the QBs who started the season were still there at the end. Last year wasn't much better.

You can't just look at the top five lineman on a team, either. The chance of all of them playing together the full season is just about zero. Then it becomes a case of the line only being as good as the weakest link.

Quote Originally Posted by HesterJordan23 View Post
    Giants too..

Jets could use about 4
    Go Knicks!

All time

Quote Originally Posted by HesterJordan23 View Post
    problaly need a couple
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

subroc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Highly paid quarterbacks dropping like flies. Most of the ones who aren't out of the lineup are playing at less than full efficiency due to nagging injuries. Teams have to find a way to keep them in the lineup. Roethlisberger, Vick, Cutler, and Smith are all working on $100 million range contracts I think. It's less than half way through the season, counting playoffs.
    The assertion that anyone on that list, other than Roerhlisberger, could close a $100 mil deal is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    The assertion that anyone on that list, other than Roerhlisberger, could close a $100 mil deal is absurd.
    I give Cutler a chance.

At least three of them signed contracts in the $100 million range. Not sure about Smith. Starting quarterbacks aren't cheap to employ, and they still get paid whether they're on the field or not.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    vick already signed one of those once

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

At least three of them signed contracts in the $100 million range. Not sure about Smith. Starting quarterbacks aren't cheap to employ, and they still get paid whether they're on the field or not.
    gabbert will get 500 million

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    The Eagles and Bears sure but the 49ers have invested in there line but if thats the best player available then they probably will unless they like somebody else.
    Yes we have. 3 of our 5 lineman are 1st round picks. We even picked two offensive lineman in the 1st round in 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

If by Smith you mean Alex Smith...then no. He signed a 3 year $24 million deal last offseason. The way it's structured, they can cut him between seasons for pretty much nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    gabbert will get 500 million
    You're only considering how good he is now. He's still developing though so team will overpay him based on that.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast