Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Melo can definately carry a team just like he did last season on the last month of the regular season.

Is he as good as Lebron? No,no one is.Can he carry a team?Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    If Melo keeps that team at the top of the East you will be seeing his name as the frontrunner for MVP.
    Seriously?

They won't be close to the top and Melo won't be close to be in the running...
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!

vCash
    This team is never going to build chemistry with all these set backs. Truly feel sorry for them. I think they'll be fine without Stat, but when he comes back the cycle starts again.

Woody needs to bring him off the bench. I know it sounds ridiculous for a guy making that much cash (not as ridiculous as punching glass), but it just needs to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    If you want to call it the Nash effect, that's one thing, being on the decline is another.
    Does it make a difference? Bottom line, the guy hasn't been the same player since coming to New York and he's gotten progressively worse the last two seasons. As he continues to age, his knees and his skill are only going to get worse. He's not all of a sudden going to wake up and be an elite player again. That is the very definition of "on the decline." If you keep getting worse and will never get better, you are quite literally "on the decline."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Does it make a difference? Bottom line, the guy hasn't been the same player since coming to New York and he's gotten progressively worse the last two seasons. As he continues to age, his knees and his skill are only going to get worse. He's not all of a sudden going to wake up and be an elite player again. That is the very definition of "on the decline." If you keep getting worse and will never get better, you are quite literally "on the decline."
    It does actually. If you play with the best pure pg in the league and then dont have him anymore, of course your numbers drop. This year was/is going to be big for Amare once he is healthy because I, and many others, truly believe that last year was an aberration.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Because it makes sense to trade lottery draft picks for a players that's grossly over payed, has been frequently injured as of late and is on the decline. If a team was willing to do that trade Amar'e would've been traded by now.
    I'm sorry I stop reading after that... When I say trade Stat, I am not saying that they will get back a lottery type player... I just said get some young talent and a couple of picks... It's really to dump salary.

Now I can finish reading your post... have a nice night.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Amare is untradeable right now, and this latest injury proves why. His contract is among the worst in the NBA, he's on serious decline as a player, he plays no defense whatsoever at a position where defense is at a premium and he has three years before his contract is off the books.

Not only would no front office trade for him, but no front office would give the Knicks any piece of legitimate value for him. Not even MJ is an awful enough GM to give a first round pick for Amare's corpse.

In a year or two, he might get dealt for something, because there are fewer years and less money on the contract. But right now, he's about as untouchable as it gets.
    I am sure they can give him away, to clear cap.
    Last edited by Dade County; 10-29-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I'm sorry I stop reading after that... When I say trade Stat, I am not saying that they will get back a lottery type player... I just said get some young talent and a couple of picks... It's really to dump salary.

You said lower quality teams, which means teams that are in the lottery. No team is going to want to take a 60 million salary dump in this league.

Good night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Bottom 5 teams in CAP
    Houston - They aren't desperate for a PF, they have too many.
    T-Wolves - They have Kevin Love. They would have to trade the majority of their team to match salaries.
    Cavs - It would take Andy V, Luke Walton and Daniel Gibson. Not happening.
    Indiana - They have David West. It would take West, Hill and Mahini. Not happening.
    Sacramento - They have Cousins and just drafted Thomas Robinson. Only contracts to trade are Salmons, Thorton (not happening).

Amar'e has one of the worst contracts in the NBA. And Knicks won't find a situation like Brooklyn where they are so desperate for talent they will trade expirings for the worst contract in the NBA. Amar'e just has no place to go but NY.

vCash
    Mark this **** down. Melo alone will keep NY with a top 4 record out East, and on the heels of the 3 seed

Lets not act like Melo actually had healthy bigs in Denver. Martin or Nene were always out at one time or another, and left him to carry the weight. And Melo always did carry the weight in the tougher conference to make the Nuggest always finish over 5000 for damn near 8 straight years after the same Nuggets had not had a winning season let alone made the playoffs for 7. Get that **** out of here with the Melo can't lead his team to win ****, the man deserves some ****ing credit, he ain't a bum, he ain't Joe Johnson, he ain't a fake franchise player or someone like Paul or Deron who depends on others to be good around him to win games he's got some dog in him like Kobe.

----
    Amare gets traded to one of Houston, Cleveland, or Toronto imo before the year ends
    Last edited by kblo247; 10-29-2012 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    As long as the Knicks can maintain a .500 or better record in this period of time, we will be in good shape.

Players like Felton, Smith and hopefully this kid Copeland can help on the scoring side. Our defense will really have to be our best weapon this season.
    Props To KnicksR4Real For The Sig

Props To KniCks4LiFe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Melo can carry a team as well as the man, what are you talking about? It's not like Melo has anyone who is a MVP candidate by his side who won a title as the hands down best player on his team.
    WTF is going on here. It was funny at first, but now hes trolling in every thread.

vCash
    Carrying a team means winning in the playoffs as well, something Carmelo is VERY allergic too. Carrying a team isn't scoring 40 once in a playoff series and having borderline ****** games. I get so tired of the "Carmelo played like Jordan and got the Knicks a win vs Miami, that alone shows his greatness" ********. Players that carry teams are LeBron, Wade, Durant, Dirk, Paul, Howard, Kobe and maybe Rose.

And this is a huge loss for NY. Who else is gonna score outside of Melo who will take 25-30 shots?

Smith will score...... on 20 shots.

Kidd, Prigioni are both awful scorers while Felton is up in the air.

Chandler can't score. Don't expect the dinosaurs to score at all.

Amare is very overrated but this is a huge loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Mark this **** down. Melo alone will keep NY with a top 4 record out East, and on the heels of the 3 seed

Lets not act like Melo actually had healthy bigs in Denver. Martin or Nene were always out at one time or another, and left him to carry the weight. And Melo always did carry the weight in the tougher conference to make the Nuggest always finish over 5000 for damn near 8 straight years after the same Nuggets had not had a winning season let alone made the playoffs for 7. Get that **** out of here with the Melo can't lead his team to win ****, the man deserves some ****ing credit, he ain't a bum, he ain't Joe Johnson, he ain't a fake franchise player or someone like Paul or Deron who depends on others to be good around him to win games he's got some dog in him like Kobe.

----
    Amare gets traded to one of Houston, Cleveland, or Toronto imo before the year ends
    But Melo with Lin, Amare, Chandler, Smith, Shump, etc... barely made the playoffs....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post

----
    LOL Houston and Toronto have an assload of PFs and want cap space for their respective futures.

Cleveland didn't want Amar'e when he probably could have brought a title to the Cavs with Lebron and at his dominant period... why would they want to pay 20 million for a guy who unfortunately, appears to be on the decline and suffering another knee injury?

I feel bad for the guy. He's one of my favorite players, but I've got a bad feeling that this isn't the first knee injury he's going to have this year.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    I'm happy amare is injured, that means for 6 weeks I don't have to hear about him.

People have a short memory here. I guess my fellow ny fans how many times last year we were yelling at the tv wondering WTF amare was doing.

He's becoming the fcking eddy curry of power forward. I'm not joking either, he's that bad IMO.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast