Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rose won't be on Bulls bench often

After a recent practice at the Berto Center, Derrick Rose had a long talk with Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. His teammates consistently talk about seeing Rose working hard to rehabilitate his left knee after surgery in May to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

However, having him sit on the bench during games likely won't happen often, if at all. Though by all accounts Rose's rehab is progressing well, taking the chance of having action spill into him while sitting is an unnecessary risk.

"He may," Thibodeau said when asked if Rose will sit on the bench. "It depends on what's going to serve us best. He's usually doing rehab during the games, so I want that to be the focus

"He may travel some. He may not. If it better serves us to have him here or someplace doing rehab, we'll do that."

There is talk Rose could return to his offseason home in Santa Monica, Calif., for rehab work. The Bulls have made it clear they won't be giving daily updates on Rose.

"He's around the team plenty," Thibodeau said. "We see him and he's working extremely hard, so he's giving all that he can give at this time. At some point, he'll rejoin us and we'll move on from there."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2417765.story

Move it if necessary but this was one of my questions.

vCash
    But I think they dont want it to be a disctraction.
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    Its fine with me.

vCash
    Makes sense. I trust Rose and company to do what's best for him and the team. I don't think seeing him on the bench really does much for the rest of the team and is more fan service than anything. Not necessary in my eyes.

Get him on track to where he needs to be health wise and then he can play and be on the bench for real in a few months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaptrikz View Post
    Its fine with me.
    But then he will go to the Lakers
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    Sitting at the far end of the bench puts him at zero risk. Get his *** on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Sitting at the far end of the bench puts him at zero risk. Get his *** on the bench.
    Who cares if he's on the bench, maybe working out during games will give him some extra motivation. If he needs any

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayruiz View Post
    But then he will go to the Lakers
    **** me

vCash
    Injured players are persona non grata in professional sports. No need to add further emotional abuse to the rehab Rose is already going through if it can be avoided.

Best part of the news is the Bulls won't be giving daily updates on Rose, but you can rest assured they will be asked every day.

vCash
    He can never replace Scal.

vCash
    I'm cool with him going back to Santa Monica, gives me more time to stalk him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    yes,but by the same token being there doesnt help his recovery either

ijured players on the sideline to cheer on teammates,ect. is so overrated .just a concoction to placate fans who see althetes as not caring enough(but funny thing is it doesnt really help towards that end either,fans still feel that way anyway).so there's really no need for it
    Last edited by abe_froman; 10-30-2012 at 04:35 AM.

vCash
    It doesnt really matter... the team knows he is supporting them... the fans know it to... if he can rest better or whatever by not sitting on the bench, its fine by me