Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I want at least one top 50 prospect, a top 100 prospect, and a young MLB-ready or MLB-playing guy in the trade. I just don't want to deal Wright

vCash
    The longer the Wright thing drags out the more likely it is that he will look to leave, if that looks to be the case the Mets stance in any type of potential trade deal will weaken by the day as interested teams will refuse to offer a premium for a player that wants out, the ultimatum for the Mets will be to either trade up for whatever they offer, or lose him for nothing, a call needs to be made sooner rather then later, I wouldnt blame Wright for wanting to move on and try and win something but I would love him to stay obviously

vCash
    None of those suggested players in that article make sense or should the Mets consider.

If you are going to deal Wright you need a blue chipper back and a proven major leaguer in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I want at least one top 50 prospect, a top 100 prospect, and a young MLB-ready or MLB-playing guy in the trade. I just don't want to deal Wright
    OK Sick lol

vCash
    If I'm dealing Wright, I want a Top 20 prospect, a top 100 prospect and an MLB player in return.

Something like Rasmus, D'Arnaud, and Marisnick would be nice.

vCash
    The only problem with looking for a King's ransom for Wright is he is in a contract year.

I don't know if a team deals that much when they know Wright could walk after next season (now that his option has been picked up)
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-30-2012 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    If one goes then both go! You would be waving the white flag on the season already. Sadly, we would be fighting the Cubs and the Astros for fielding the worst team. Pathetic we host the All-Star game with no representation.
    Seriously, is being a 64 win team that worse than a 74 win team? If we trade Wright and Dickey, we're basically a 64 win team, 60 at the worst and 76 if we get lucky. The Wilpons will not spend money in the immediate future, and they lost money this year despite shedding 50 mil of payroll. It's either we keep Wright and watch him sign w/ the Phillies in 2014, or we deal him and have an actual plan as opposed to faux competitiveness for half a season then tanking in the second half.

Despite the perception, the Cubs are in a much better position than the Mets. The Cubs have a competent FO, and have the money to spend on players. The Cubs choose not to spend on FA since they're a 3+, to combat that they go after IFA(Soler) and look to replenish their farm by trading valued vets(Garza). Unlike the Mets, the Cubs actually have a legit plan and are executing it, the Mets just want to bs the fans while cutting payroll.

If you can get back a legit young(28 or younger) MLB starter(whether in the rotation or a position player along w/ a B prospect that has a mid-2014 ETA or less, than I'd seriously consider moving Wright and Dickey. Outside of the Beltran deal, one year rentals are not getting major hauls, so getting a top 50 and 100 prospect along w/ a MLB starting outfielder/catcher is a pipe dream.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12