Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tom Coughlin Ticked Like All of Us.

Just like we all saw, there's no freakin way a team runs 3 plays with 10 seconds left, especially with 0 timeouts.

By the way, I was watching the highlights and it was freakin UNBELIEVABLE. Did they change the rules? On that pass over the middle that didn't connect with Miles Austin(second to last play), the started to count down the clock AFTER Tony Romo finished his 3/5 step drop. Yes that's right, after he hiked the ball, and AFTER he planted his back foot is when the clock started to run down. That's incredible.

I don't know if the refs were paid but there seriously needs to be an investigation, this could very well cost another team a huge game.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ys-final-drive

vCash
    my mom who isn't a football fan, just knows the game from me screaming at the TV, said the same thing, how is this 10 seconds.

vCash
    Like i said in another thread watching that game it was like the refs were trying to make the game more competitive ad give it to dallas. All the bad calls and especially the clock at the end.

vCash
    with a 23-0 lead, it shouldn't have even come to that. defense needs a self check. offense needs a self check. no need to even let this fall in the refs hands as often as we allowed it to.

vCash
    I hate that logic. You might be right but the case is it was that close and the refs almost gave it to them
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    with a 23-0 lead, it shouldn't have even come to that. defense needs a self check. offense needs a self check. no need to even let this fall in the refs hands as often as we allowed it to.
    No doubt, on our part we failed badly, but the refs almost blew this game for us.

BTW am I the only one that wasn't that ecstatic about our win? I think this is the first time a win has felt like a loss, to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    No doubt, on our part we failed badly, but the refs almost blew this game for us.

BTW am I the only one that wasn't that ecstatic about our win? I think this is the first time a win has felt like a loss, to me.
    Agreed. Jimmie Johnson said it was "a frustrating loss for the Cowboys". I said it's a frustrating win for the Giants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    100% right. Should've been a blow-out. Instead, the refs & Coe missing an easy pass deflection almost screwed us over.

vCash
    As for TC being ticked, he's always ticked. He always sees room for improvement in any wins, which is why he's a great coach.

vCash
    Interesting read from someone with officiating experience:

A Review of the Giants-Dallas “Timing” Controversy

Published 10/29/2012. | By The Ref.

by the Ref

I would like to comment regarding the timing towards the end of yesterday’s Giants – Cowboys game.

First of all, the Official Timer is employed by the league although he typically comes from the area of the home team. (Amani Toomer’s father is or at least was the Official Timer for the Raiders games for many years.)

Second, the time shown on the TV screen is not the official time for the game. The clock shown on the screen is supposed to be synchronized with the stadium clock but it is often off by a second or two and there is often a delay associated with starting and stopping the clock as it is shown.

Third, the LJ keeps track of the time as well and if there is an obvious error, such as the clock being re-set from 6 seconds to 10 seconds after the TD call in the end zone, he will notify the Referee and the Referee will request that the clock be re-set.

Fourth, typically one second of “reaction time” is often allowed given that the human nature of the timing process.

Finally, unlike the NBA, the NFL clocks do not show 1/10′s of a second during the final minute and as a result when 6 seconds shows on the clock, it may be as much as 6.9 seconds all the way down to 6.0 seconds. As a result, in many instances there will appear to be a delay in starting the clock when in reality there is none.

Having said all that, I sat down and timed the last 44 seconds of the game and had only one major problem and that was on the next to final play of the game where it appeared that the clock stopped immediately as the ball passed Austin’s hands instead of waiting until it touched the ground. The remainder of the timing process appeared to be within reason albeit borderline.

As a last comment, it must be noted that the status of the clock is specifically indicated to be non-reviewable so neither the Replay Official nor the Referee can take advantage of the video feed to determine if there were any errors (or games being played) with the timing of the game.
    http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5407

But then there's also this:
    I know what the Ref said about the last ten seconds of the game, but for what it’s worth, I put a stop watch on that last sequence of plays – three times. And each time the Cowboys went over the allotted ten seconds with their three plays. And it sure looked like to me that the clock was late in getting started on a couple of plays.
    http://insidefootball.com/blog/archi...medium=twitter

vCash
    What can actually happen here if Dallas is found guilty of clock "mismanagement"?
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    you mean, under Goodell's Law?

vCash
    yeah...will they lose a draft pick? will someone get fired?
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    yeah...will they lose a draft pick? will someone get fired?
    like the Mooch saying: "Bummer".
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan