Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    vCash
    My position hasn't and won't change until the playoffs. Pre-season prediction was possible 60 win team and #1 seed in the NBA. Could lose in the 1st round. We'll see when playoffs roll around. I am gaining confidence the more I see the team play but the last thing you'll see me doing is making any predictions for my team in the playoffs until we get there and I see the matchups and how everyone is playing...including us. Yes we've Billups and Hill out all year, but we've been pretty lucky with injuries...knocks on wood!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    My position hasn't and won't change until the playoffs. Pre-season prediction was possible 60 win team and #1 seed in the NBA. Could lose in the 1st round. We'll see when playoffs roll around. I am gaining confidence the more I see the team play but the last thing you'll see me doing is making any predictions for my team in the playoffs until we get there and I see the matchups and how everyone is playing...including us. Yes we've Billups and Hill out all year, but we've been pretty lucky with injuries...knocks on wood!

No reason to hold back dude. Arguably the most complete team in the NBA and top 5 offense and defense all year so far. The ONLY thing that will stop this titan is injuries since half of our guys are older and made of glass. If they are even 80+ percent healthy come playoff time with maybe 1-2 guys down they have a great shot at WCF and a shot at the finals even. I'm seeing that "It" factor in this team that you see in champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    No reason to hold back dude. Arguably the most complete team in the NBA and top 5 offense and defense all year so far. The ONLY thing that will stop this titan is injuries since half of our guys are older and made of glass. If they are even 80+ percent healthy come playoff time with maybe 1-2 guys down they have a great shot at WCF and a shot at the finals even. I'm seeing that "It" factor in this team that you see in champions.
    The only thing is that the Clippers lack much playoff experience. Teams like the Spurs and OKC are going to run over you if you don't have much experience playing in the offseason. You're regular season record doesn't reflect your ability to make a run in the playoffs. Because of your stacked roster and teammate chemistry I would't be too surprised to see you guys make the WCFs but I think for now I think that's as far as you'll go.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    The only thing is that the Clippers lack much playoff experience. Teams like the Spurs and OKC are going to run over you if you don't have much experience playing in the offseason. You're regular season record doesn't reflect your ability to make a run in the playoffs. Because of your stacked roster and teammate chemistry I would't be too surprised to see you guys make the WCFs but I think for now I think that's as far as you'll go.
    I think WCF is a realistic prediction but at that point it's usually decided by how a team is rolling and injuries so never know. I don't think OKC has an experience edge. The Clippers have 5 NBA champions on their roster and have added some players that have done nothing but win in their career. I think collectively the Clippers have the best mix of winning experience and youth in the entire league.

I do agree with your general thought though that experience as a TEAM may be troublesome, although I think the raw talent and athleticism will offset a ton of that (like OKC did to the Spurs last year).

vCash
    Just don't see a team being coached by Del Negro beating the Spurs or Thunder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    They said that about the Clippers even becoming a contender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I think WCF is a realistic prediction but at that point it's usually decided by how a team is rolling and injuries so never know. I don't think OKC has an experience edge. The Clippers have 5 NBA champions on their roster and have added some players that have done nothing but win in their career. I think collectively the Clippers have the best mix of winning experience and youth in the entire league.

I do agree with your general thought though that experience as a TEAM may be troublesome, although I think the raw talent and athleticism will offset a ton of that (like OKC did to the Spurs last year).
    I also feel the same way about the Thunder, but they're not going to miss the playoffs for a while and already have more playoff experience than most young teams. The Thunder are just so stacked and clutch it's ridiculous. Not to mention that have one of the most intimidating starting lineups in the NBA.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    I also feel the same way about the Thunder, but they're not going to miss the playoffs for a while and already have more playoff experience than most young teams. The Thunder are just so stacked and clutch it's ridiculous. Not to mention that have one of the most intimidating starting lineups in the NBA.
    Another thing to factor in is how huge matchups factor in. For example to most of the league OKC is more dangerous than the Spurs... but to the Clippers.. OKC is a team they WANT instead of the Spurs. Matchups and health will be 80 percent of the battle when it comes down to the final 4 teams in each conference, especially the west. Teams I want the Clippers to avoid if possible are the Warriors and Spurs. Teams I want them to see.... Thunder, Grizzlies, Nuggets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I used to hate de negro. hate. now i am not sure about him. i do not think he is a great coach, but i do think he has made some pretty noticeable improvements. mainly in his substitutions.

i am still waiting to see how they do in the playoffs. i want to see if team will be able to slow the clippers down. i would still be really scared to play against the spurs. the team was injured last year, but it just seemed like the spurs had answers to everything the clippers brought.

vCash
    Hell yes, great and deep team.

vCash
    I pretty much agree with kyle.

vCash
    The one main thing that separates the Clippers from the other elite is the lack of respect refs have for the team. Last night they attempted SIX freaking free throws in a very physical game (Magic got 19 or 20). Now mind you Blake had 30 points, only shot 3 jumpers and had ZERO free throw attempts. Meaning most of his moves were in contact, in the post.

I guess the flopping, complaining to refs and yelling at refs from previous years are catching up which is wrong. Refs shouldn't be holding long term grudges and turning a blind eye to this stuff.

Name ONE other team in the NBA that can have their star get cheapshotted like this and not even get a basic foul call, let alone a flagrant 2. What's worse is in both of these plays refs are RIGHT THERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPDW7TQwSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl5I-vbywk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxJ38_4svw

Yesterday a 13 game home streak was ended largely due to this reffing issue. A dominant team in the paint lost the free throw shooting battle by 3 times over to a 3 point bombing team. Help me understand that.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-13-2013 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    stop upping this thread.

signed all of psd, including clipper fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    The other L.A. team doesn't look like they will get past the 1st round. Clips can beat SA but will lose to thunder in WCF imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Definately and my pick for the WCF. And im always right.
    Genius.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast