Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I feel that the Clippers will make it to the WCF, ( for basketball reasons.)

But beyond that point, who knows.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Absolutely.

Bill Simmons thinks that Lamar Odom won't be in the league in 3 months. Although I think that's a bit harsh, I do think that he's done. I love LO, but he looks out of shape right now just as he did in Dallas.

I have a couple concerns with them:

1) DeAndre has to protect the paint, because they are really thin up front. If/When DeAndre gets into foul trouble... what then? Hollins? Turiaf? I think it was a mistake to trade Reggie. Yeah he sucks offensively, but he's tough, a good defender, and great rebounder. Just like Reggie, I think they'll miss Kenyon too.

2) How are minutes going to be divided? At the SG spot you got Billups and Crawford, one of whom will have to sit in the 4th, and each has to guard Kobe/Wade/Manu/Harden etc. SF spot... same problem. Barnes, Hill, and Butler. Someone is going to get left out here, unless they go small ball, which probably won't work in the West.

All that being said, every team has a weakness, I don't like the Clips size, I think their front court is pretty soft, offensively they're typically a jump shooting team outside of Blake and DeAndre lobs, and I do think too much depth can be a problem in the playoffs.

But having CP3 and Blake on the squad makes them contenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    No respect?you don't deserve respect flopping and crying because of injury's will not get you any.

After last year series I all lost all my respect especially for CP3 he is a top 3 player but cry's and flops to win games it was pretty sad.
    Show me one flop that was called and affected the series, otherwise STFU. Teams don't lose because of an uncalled flop or crying to refs lmao. If refs were calling the flops sure but 90 plus percent went uncalled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mago50 View Post
    I've already made forums about the Nuggets and Celtics who I think are real contenders, but this team really intrigues me.

They have arguably the best PG in the league and one of the better closers in the league in CP3.

They are getting back Chauncey Billups who can take and make big shots and is important to a team in so many ways.

They have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, arguably the most promising young post combo in the league who could take another step forward this season.

They have Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe to provide secondary scoring from the perimeter.

They brought in Grant Hill to give them one of the better team defenders in the NBA against the West's elite perimeter players.

Finally, they brought in Lamar Odom who is one year removed from winning the sixth man of the year award. He is the biggest wildcard obviously but if he can produce like he did in year's past, a great 3rd post for this team.

Do you guys think this team can legitimately get to the NBA Finals or even win the championship?

Can they beat the likes of LAL, SA and OKC in the west?
    I think that the Clipps are more likely contenders than Denver or Boston.

vCash
    Not getting past LA, OKC, Spurs, or Nuggets.

SWIGGITY SWOOTY, I'M COMIN FOR THAT BOOTY!

vCash
    With a new coach, yes.

vCash
    It's kinda up in the air. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the WCF. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them lose in the 1st round...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Not getting past LA, OKC, Spurs, or Nuggets.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Well the world of PSD is certainly changing their tune! Sure there are still some idiots saying things like they flopped their way to everything they got last season. It looks like a lot more people are saying yes than 2 months ago.

I myself consider them a contender. There are no ifs. You're either a contender or you're not. Every team has "ifs". What if Dwight Howard really is as bad of a human being as he looks like? Well "if" he is no team with him on it will ever win a championship. Period. The guy made TO look like Lady Byng last season. You don't think he can bring down a team with a great human being and leader like Kobe Bryant? Yea he's never helped killed a dynasty or anything. So "ifs" mean nothing. Every team has enough real weaknesses that the "ifs" don't matter.

Before the preseason I said no. I thought the team be much better in the regular season but would be no better in the playoffs than last year. I didn't think DeAndre Jordan would ever be an all-star Center. He is playing like one now. It's amazing the improvement he has made. With a Center playing anywhere close to all-star level this team is a contender!

I know it's really cool to hate on Griffin around here, but everyone who knows anything about basketball knows he is one of the most talented and gifted players ever to enter the league. That isn't up for debate. It's a fact. One thing no one on this site can ever see happening is him becoming one of the great players in the league. He wasn't there last year but he has also added to his game. It wouldn't surprise me to see him actually be as good as the hype this season. It also won't surprise me for the majority of posters on this site to still think he can only dunk and flop

There are a lot of other what ifs and whatnot that can be considered. For me the question of whether these Clippers are Championship contender changed form No to Yes when I saw the improvement made by Blake and especially Jordon. As off as the PSD consensus is about Blake they aren't even on the radar when it comes DJ!

vCash
    they could win it, but it would be surprising and quite a bit would have to go right for them. i have them in the 2nd tier of contenders.

1st tier (likely)
    Heat/Lakers/Thunder

2nd tier (got an outside shot)
    Celtics/Spurs/Clippers/Bulls(if rose makes a full recovery by playoff time)

3rd tier (very small chance)
    Knicks/Nuggets/Nets/Pacers/etc...

vCash
    As a Lakers fan, YES! The Clippers are a true contender. Their bench of ronnie turiaf, lamar odom, grant hill, jamal crawford and eric bledsoe can probably beat a few team's starting lineups...thats not even factoring in matt barnes and willie green...This team is pretty stacked with talent.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    Last year the Grizzlies were the Cinderella team and darkhorse that supposedly were going to kill the Clippers... This year everybody is hyping the crap out of the Nuggets. I can't wait till the Clippers destroy them in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    A good team yes, but I would be surprised if they would beat a team like the thunder, spurs, or lakers.

I see a lot of good talent on the roster, but not a whole lot of chemistry or recipe for postseason success.
    As a Clip fan I'm not worried about the Thunder, we matchup well with them with or without Harden. It's the Spurs and Lakers that I'm worried about.

vCash
    After 7 games 5-2 record with no Billups or Hill and Odom still in terrible shape.

9 point wins over Grizzlies and Lakers. 22 point win over Spurs (Spurs only loss), 13 point win over Portland (were up by 25+ most of game), 13 point win vs Hawks. Only two losses were trap games to lesser teams but they had a tie game with 90 seconds left in both games.

I can't imagine how dangerous they will be with healthy Billups and Hill. Odom has lost 8 pounds and needs to lose about 10-12 more. Blake still playing passive and hasn't gotten it going. Basically team still isn't healthy or gelled and are still showing how great they can play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    Always the Lakers fans showing the insecure hate.... LOL. Clips are for real -- way deeper than the Lakeshow.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast