Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are the Clippers a real contender?

I've already made forums about the Nuggets and Celtics who I think are real contenders, but this team really intrigues me.

They have arguably the best PG in the league and one of the better closers in the league in CP3.

They are getting back Chauncey Billups who can take and make big shots and is important to a team in so many ways.

They have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, arguably the most promising young post combo in the league who could take another step forward this season.

They have Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe to provide secondary scoring from the perimeter.

They brought in Grant Hill to give them one of the better team defenders in the NBA against the West's elite perimeter players.

Finally, they brought in Lamar Odom who is one year removed from winning the sixth man of the year award. He is the biggest wildcard obviously but if he can produce like he did in year's past, a great 3rd post for this team.

Do you guys think this team can legitimately get to the NBA Finals or even win the championship?

Can they beat the likes of LAL, SA and OKC in the west?
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    Yes.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    of course they are.the talent is there at least,coaching might hinder them

vCash
    A good team yes, but I would be surprised if they would beat a team like the thunder, spurs, or lakers.

I see a lot of good talent on the roster, but not a whole lot of chemistry or recipe for postseason success.

vCash
    Yup.

vCash
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 10-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    It depends on Bledsoe and DJ, the other guys will probably hover around league average
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they're never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    Not bad to barely beat the so called "darkhorse" of the west and one of the most hyped teams when you have 10 new players, your top 5 players injured and no experience as a team. Abe brings up a valid point that coaching is the biggest issue. Put this talent with a top tier coach and they might win the title if everything worked out nicely... with Vinny though I'm expecting 2nd round exit to WCF max.

vCash
    It will depend on Odom's cooperation/level of play, and their health. Should these aspects become a positive, they are without question contenders in my eyes. Not a fan of VDN though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    It will depend on Odom's cooperation/level of play, and their health. Should these aspects become a positive, they are without question contenders in my eyes. Not a fan of VDN though.
    Who is? Haha.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Yea absolutely. IMO the 3rd best team in the west. They will grow up don't expect Spurs to smack em again.

vCash
    Odom is done, dont hinge anything on his bum ***
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    I'm honestly not that high on the Clippers, mainly because while they added a lot quality guys, there aren't that many minutes to go around to keep them all in rhythm/happy, nor do I trust Vinny to divide them in such a way to maximize their efficiency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Odom is done, dont hinge anything on his bum ***
    According to him at today's Clippers practice, he said he'll be back to 2010 Lamar, not Dallas Lamar.

vCash
    I say no since I don't think they are even the best team in their division, I think they are deep but their starting 5 won't be enough to take the lakers, I also think okc is better even with the loss of Harden, and I think the spurs are probably just ahead of them as well, other than the Lakers I give them a small chance against the other two teams, but I think the lakers once everyone is playing together and go into the playoffs on a roll this team is gonna be way to difficult to beat 4 times...I think Miami is the only real test for the lakers, but their size should overtake them as well, but with that said this clippers team will be good and will be a hard team to beat come playoff time, but I think a 2nd round exit is as far as they get with a small chance at conf finals

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast