Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Are the Clippers a real contender?

I've already made forums about the Nuggets and Celtics who I think are real contenders, but this team really intrigues me.

They have arguably the best PG in the league and one of the better closers in the league in CP3.

They are getting back Chauncey Billups who can take and make big shots and is important to a team in so many ways.

They have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, arguably the most promising young post combo in the league who could take another step forward this season.

They have Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe to provide secondary scoring from the perimeter.

They brought in Grant Hill to give them one of the better team defenders in the NBA against the West's elite perimeter players.

Finally, they brought in Lamar Odom who is one year removed from winning the sixth man of the year award. He is the biggest wildcard obviously but if he can produce like he did in year's past, a great 3rd post for this team.

Do you guys think this team can legitimately get to the NBA Finals or even win the championship?

Can they beat the likes of LAL, SA and OKC in the west?
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    Yes.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    of course they are.the talent is there at least,coaching might hinder them

vCash
    A good team yes, but I would be surprised if they would beat a team like the thunder, spurs, or lakers.

I see a lot of good talent on the roster, but not a whole lot of chemistry or recipe for postseason success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    A good team yes, but I would be surprised if they would beat a team like the thunder, spurs, or lakers.

I see a lot of good talent on the roster, but not a whole lot of chemistry or recipe for postseason success.
    As a Clip fan I'm not worried about the Thunder, we matchup well with them with or without Harden. It's the Spurs and Lakers that I'm worried about.

vCash
    Yup.

vCash
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 10-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they're never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    Not bad to barely beat the so called "darkhorse" of the west and one of the most hyped teams when you have 10 new players, your top 5 players injured and no experience as a team. Abe brings up a valid point that coaching is the biggest issue. Put this talent with a top tier coach and they might win the title if everything worked out nicely... with Vinny though I'm expecting 2nd round exit to WCF max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Not bad to barely beat the so called "darkhorse" of the west and one of the most hyped teams when you have 10 new players, your top 5 players injured and no experience as a team. Abe brings up a valid point that coaching is the biggest issue. Put this talent with a top tier coach and they might win the title if everything worked out nicely... with Vinny though I'm expecting 2nd round exit to WCF max.

Love clippers86fan

vCash
    If your comparing Clippers to the other West Coast teams, my only real argument is the fact that Clippers have had an easy schedule so far.

I compared LAC to my Jazz, if we had your schedule we would be #1 in the division against GS and LAL! You have spent so much more time at home with like 4 times where you had 3 at home in a row.

Since your losing trip, your undefeated. The only highlight of this streak is winning all 4 on the east road trip, which was nice even if it wasn't against division leaders like when Utah faced Nets/Pacers/Heat/Magic on 1 trip.

You still had over 8 easy wins out of the current streak, with only 6 on the road(w/bucks and bulls). It would be a miracle for Utah to get 10+ in a row, but not if it were on this Clippers schedule.

You easily had one of the easiest opening schedules, and its easy to win when your not flying in an airplane every night and day and playing every other day at home, then road, then home!

I predict Clippers knocked out in 1st round by Lakers(who aren't really a road team). Houston got 22 games in a row in 08, they went to playoffs, where Utah knocked them out in the first round!

So Who can stand up when its hard, and prevail when its easy? You are prevailing like you should during this time, but will you be standing high and mighty at #1 when times get tough? Jazz are keeping a .500 during all the hard times, will you?

I just wonder how playoff ready they are, and if they are ready to out beat Spurs, OKC, and Memphis? Let alone Lakers, Utah, Minn, GS, Houston, Portland, Denver, Dallas and Phoenix), any one of these other teams would make for a tough 1st round. Hell Lakers are just as scary at #8 than #1, same with Dallas.

Honestly this is the first year that I actually want to watch Clipper games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    If your comparing Clippers to the other West Coast teams, my only real argument is the fact that Clippers have had an easy schedule so far.

I compared LAC to my Jazz, if we had your schedule we would be #1 in the division against GS and LAL! You have spent so much more time at home with like 4 times where you had 3 at home in a row.

Since your losing trip, your undefeated. The only highlight of this streak is winning all 4 on the east road trip, which was nice even if it wasn't against division leaders like when Utah faced Nets/Pacers/Heat/Magic on 1 trip.

You still had over 8 easy wins out of the current streak, with only 6 on the road(w/bucks and bulls). It would be a miracle for Utah to get 10+ in a row, but not if it were on this Clippers schedule.

You easily had one of the easiest opening schedules, and its easy to win when your not flying in an airplane every night and day and playing every other day at home, then road, then home!

I predict Clippers knocked out in 1st round by Lakers(who aren't really a road team). Houston got 22 games in a row in 08, they went to playoffs, where Utah knocked them out in the first round!

So Who can stand up when its hard, and prevail when its easy? You are prevailing like you should during this time, but will you be standing high and mighty at #1 when times get tough? Jazz are keeping a .500 during all the hard times, will you?

I just wonder how playoff ready they are, and if they are ready to out beat Spurs, OKC, and Memphis? Let alone Lakers, Utah, Minn, GS, Houston, Portland, Denver, Dallas and Phoenix), any one of these other teams would make for a tough 1st round. Hell Lakers are just as scary at #8 than #1, same with Dallas.

Hate to reign on your parade but the Clippers have played the 12th hardest schedule to date compared to the Jazz who played the 15th hardest based on SOS. Quit your *****ing an go be a homer somewhere else.

vCash

I lol'd twice.
    First when you said Jazz would be #1 in our division.
    Second when you said Lakers are making the playoffs.

#wankfortiggins

vCash

If Jazz fans had a schedule like the Warriors they would bawl. We just came off a 7 game road trip, and in January alone we face the Clippers 3 times, Memphis, Portland, Denver, Miami, San Antonio, OKC, and Chicago.
    To say you would be #1 in our division is just so funny. Jazz have no talent compared to the Clippers, Lakers or Warriors. That's why the Jazz are below .500.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.
    Always the Lakers fans showing the insecure hate.... LOL. Clips are for real -- way deeper than the Lakeshow.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
    Always the Lakers fans showing the insecure hate.... LOL. Clips are for real -- way deeper than the Lakeshow.
    The best is him calling Crawford a bust when dude is now averaging 20 ppg off the bench in like 25 minutes on great efficiency. Great bump though

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast