Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo.
    Kevin Love is not the type of guy who would care. He's a Cali guy. He can likely relate to one of his college buddies like Westrook or AA more than the goofy Euro dudes on the team. And im pretty sure Bird kinda hated McHale.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I love how people are worried that there aren't enough people from one specific ethnicity... in this isntance Blacks. But what about Hispanics? And Jewish people? Nobody is calling the Lakers anti-semetic because they've never had a Jewish player on their roster (I don't know that for a fact, I actually just made it up, but it's more of a polemic arguement). Where is the ACLU when you need them!?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    what? You feel more comfortable in the basketball world, especially at the NBA level, playing with GOOD players. Do you really think Love hasn't been teammates with mostly blacks his entire life after high school?

That was a ridiculous response, and a complete reach.
    I just feel its a effort from the T-Wolves management to try to keep Love in Minnesota. They fear he will leave for a big market like many other young stars have, and really this is a desperate attempt to try to lure him away from big market teams.

vCash
    If you had Marbury, Sprewelll, Troy Hudson, and Trenton Hassel on your team, you'd try to get past it too.

vCash
    Just kidding by the way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me. They tried to sign Batum (black) before Kirilenko. Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the league. Rubio is one of the best young point guards in the league. Pek is a solid player on a great deal. They're just trying to assemble a good team. I hate how racial leaders try to turn everything into racism against their own race. It's sickening. People like this do so much more to hurt racial progress than help it.
    AGREED 100%. If they seriously actually thought before they spoke, they would realize how fuking dumb and absurd half their statements are. They need to stop trying to make a name for themselves and let go of that crutch they hold onto so tightly in the form of racial prejudice.

Im not saying there's not a lot of problems to be fixed in this world but like quinnsanity said, they ain't helping either.

vCash
    A perfect example is team USA, to me Love seemed kinda lost in the shuffle and at times didn't really seem all that comfortable. Deron Williams made a comment about himself being "half-white"on Twitter to try to make Love feel comfortable about being the only white guy on the team while Love was slumping.

vCash
    I just feel its a effort from the T-Wolves management to try to keep Love in Minnesota. They fear he will leave for a big market like many other young stars have, and really this is a desperate attempt to try to lure him away from big market teams.
    Keeping Love in Minnesota requires winning games. They dumped:

Johnson
    Beasley
    Randolph
    Webster
    Milicic
    Tolliver
    #18 pick

They picked up"

Roy
    Shved
    Budinger
    Kirilenko
    Stiemsma
    Amundson

traded Ellington for Cunningham

I don't care if they are green, I only care if they are better, which they are

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I love how people are worried that there aren't enough people from one specific ethnicity... in this isntance Blacks. But what about Hispanics? And Jewish people? Nobody is calling the Lakers anti-semetic because they've never had a Jewish player on their roster (I don't know that for a fact, I actually just made it up, but it's more of a polemic arguement). Where is the ACLU when you need them!?
    Farmar is a Jew ;-)

vCash
    A perfect example is team USA, to me Love seemed kinda lost in the shuffle and at times didn't really seem all that comfortable. Deron Williams made a comment about himself being "half-white"on Twitter to try to make Love feel comfortable about being the only white guy on the team while Love was slumping.
    early on, it was because his role was limited, something a superstar is not accustomed to. He ended up being one of the more important players in the gold medal run.

It has zero to do with white and black. Any white player, if they get to the NBA level, has been around mostly black teammates/friends their whole life.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    He looked uncomfortable because he was riding the pine.

vCash
    Nobody tell Screamin A Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    early on, it was because his role was limited, something a superstar is not accustomed to. He ended up being one of the more important players in the gold medal run.

It has zero to do with white and black. Any white player, if they get to the NBA level, has been around mostly black teammates/friends their whole life.
    For sure he feels comfortable around black teammates, but it was a combination of different things. Kevin Love is documented as being a socially awkward guy, and someone can just see that he was doing his own little thing on the bench as Dreamshaker mentioned, riding the pine. A mixture of big egos and mixed personalities all played into his play in the beginning of team USA and the first few games and ultimately his comfort level throughout the whole time.
    Last edited by JNoel; 10-29-2012 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    He looked uncomfortable because he was riding the pine.
    Also, he was a bit unhappy about being the only player (aside from rookie Anthony Davis) who had yet to be in the playoffs. This loops the discussion back to Hawkeye's comment about winning makes you comfortable.
    United We Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    Twin Cities black leaders have noticed, suggesting the franchise strategically has rolled back the calendar by decades in a league that long has been at the forefront of diversity among America's professional sports leagues.

"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" asked Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."

That strategy, Terrell and others in the black community believe, is to sell tickets to the Wolves' fan base, which is overwhelmingly white.
    What an asinine accusation. Typical liberal politicians... let's see if they get any criticism from the media for this? I doubt it, they always get a pass when it comes to bull **** like this.

First of all, I don't see these black leaders calling for diversity when NBA rosters are all black? Second of all, you pan the arenas of NBA cities and the majority in the crowds are white, so that debunks his illogical theory that the Wolves are catering to the overwhelmingly white fan base. If a white fan base needs to be appeased as such, more teams would be doing this to the detriment of their team no less. A fan base regardless of race wants a team that wins. It's been proven time and again, just look at the rabid fans of SEC football who rather have a team full of convicts than a losing football team. Lily-white Portland supported the JailBlazers for years setting a team record for sellouts.

This is why I love sports because the BEST people get the job; same with the Olympics, you get the best to represent your country regardless of race.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    This is much the same as what Toronto has been doing. They draft European guys (I think in part because European players don't mind playing in small markets and typically don't made crazy demands for moster contracts). If you can pick out good European players, it's a great approach (It's just not working in TO because Coangelo doesn't know how to draft good players).
    Toronto isn't a small market, it's an international city.
    There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo. It's not to say he would play worse or feel less welcome with black players, it just gets Love to a certain comfort level where the T-Wolves need him to be.
    Wow, what an ignorant response. By your logic, the Rockets should have signed more Chinese players to make JLin feel more comfortable in Houston. KLove also has many black friends, including his best friend from UCLA who happens to be black.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast