Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Could anyone imagine the outrage if someone was complaining that there are too many black players on a team?

vCash
    I hate **** like this. If the team has people who can play, who cares what their skin color is? I don't hear any councils coming out and saying we don't have enough white people in basketball.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    Could anyone imagine the outrage if someone was complaining that there are too many black players on a team?
    Oh
    My
    God

It would be insane

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    "Nothing happens by happenstance."

Our man douglas has been rubbing off on people.

I also ask how does nothing happen? I would like to see this nothing he speaks of happen some time.

But seriously this is ridiculous. As mentioned above they have tons of international players and will probably have the best record they have had in years. Something tells me that their front office realizes winning will sell more tickets than a bunch of white guys.

vCash
    was a big deal ever made out of how many white player John Thompson recruited?

who

cares

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    who cares

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soundjunkies2 View Post
    Whats the big deal. The Clippers only have 1 white player, Blake Griffin, and hell that is stretching it.
    That's the whole stigma of white players being inferior. Just like a white running back or wideout in the NFL, or frankly, a black qb. Predjudice is still alive in this country, sadly. Across the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I think the reason why people make a big deal about the Minnesota Timberwolves having a lot of white players is because other teams do not usually have as many white players on their team.
    Good God, I love you.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

vCash
    The White Sox are called "white"! Stop the pressesz!!!!

vCash
    Are you ****ing kidding me. They tried to sign Batum (black) before Kirilenko. Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the league. Rubio is one of the best young point guards in the league. Pek is a solid player on a great deal. They're just trying to assemble a good team. I hate how racial leaders try to turn everything into racism against their own race. It's sickening. People like this do so much more to hurt racial progress than help it.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo. It's not to say he would play worse or feel less welcome with black players, it just gets Love to a certain comfort level where the T-Wolves need him to be.
    Last edited by JNoel; 10-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    WHAT THAT FAWK!!!!! Seriously? They are drafting and signing European players! WTF?!?!?! They've been drafting well.... this is crazy!

This is much the same as what Toronto has been doing. They draft European guys (I think in part because European players don't mind playing in small markets and typically don't made crazy demands for moster contracts). If you can pick out good European players, it's a great approach (It's just not working in TO because Coangelo doesn't know how to draft good players).

anyways... I'm generally pretty sensative to issues of race and such, and even I think this is out of line....
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    well wolves will be last at dunkings per game ,but they have talent to get that 7-8 seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo. It's not to say he would play worse or less welcome with black players, it just gets Love to a certain comfort level where the T-Wolves need him to be.
    what? You feel more comfortable in the basketball world, especially at the NBA level, playing with GOOD players. Do you really think Love hasn't been teammates with mostly blacks his entire life after high school?

That was a ridiculous response, and a complete reach.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Anyone who's actually paid attention knows that they went out and got the best players available, in some cases dumping incredibly unproductive players in the process.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast