Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    And it's not like people say Zimmerman can't throw because he has bad aim. He literally CANNOT THROW. I remember whenever the Mets would play the Nats, he would lob the ball to first as best as he could. His arm significantly brings down not only his fielding value, but his player value overall.

vCash
    It seems to have affected his hitting as well. The Nats are seriously screwed with that contract because he's going to have to move to 1B at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It seems to have affected his hitting as well. The Nats are seriously screwed with that contract because he's going to have to move to 1B at some point.
    Anthony Rendon.

vCash
    I'm surprised to see a widely respected guy like Wright get shafted like this. On the other hand I fully expect Dickey to get screwed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    Anthony Rendon.
    Yeah so? He has his own injury concerns as well. He could be great, but we'll see. Zimmerman at 1B is not valuable at all and a terrible use of resources.

vCash
    You are the one who is immature, you are dismissing straight facts and even the good old eye test in Wright being better Zimmerman. It's not even close at this point, you are just being a hater.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but this isn't an opinion-based conversation, Wright is better defensively than Zimmerman. Ask me 3 years ago, and I'd say Zimmerman easily.
    Time to end this pissing contest. It is going nowhere. We just disagree that is all except to say that if you had a different opinion than mine I would never have called you a fool but I guess that is the way you respond to someone who does not share your opinion.

I am sure that we will disagree in the future on something and hope you resort to a better way of expressing yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I'm surprised to see a widely respected guy like Wright get shafted like this. On the other hand I fully expect Dickey to get screwed.
    I think that Dickey should win the Cy Young although if he doesn't it is no big deal. If they give it to Gonzalez, Kimbrel or even Kershaw, I don't think that Dickey would have gotten screwed. The award is not decided by 1 person but by several and if they think that someone else is more deserving then fine.

Are you really that upset about Wright not winning such a meaningless award as the Gold Glove ? It is probably the most meaningless award given out in all of baseball.

After all Derek Jeter won it last year and Wright won it a few years back when both of them were not deserving of it, ( even my friend Youngsta agrees with that )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    I think that Dickey should win the Cy Young although if he doesn't it is no big deal. If they give it to Gonzalez, Kimbrel or even Kershaw, I don't think that Dickey would have gotten screwed. The award is not decided by 1 person but by several and if they think that someone else is more deserving then fine.

Are you really that upset about Wright not winning such a meaningless award as the Gold Glove ? It is probably the most meaningless award given out in all of baseball.

After all Derek Jeter won it last year and Wright won it a few years back when both of them were not deserving of it, ( even my friend Youngsta agrees with that )
    I believe it will come down to Dickey and Kershaw.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

I agree it is meaningless and never said I was upset about it; just that I was surprised. Consistent with your last paragraph the GG usually it goes to the guy who has been around a while and is well thought of generally, in this case Wright.

While you can make a good case for all of the pitchers you mention winning the Cy Young my guess is that Dickey will be further back in the voting than we would expect due to the general lack of respect for the knuckler. That would be the "getting screwed' part.

vCash
    Time to end this pissing contest. It is going nowhere. We just disagree that is all except to say that if you had a different opinion than mine I would never have called you a fool but I guess that is the way you respond to someone who does not share your opinion.

I am sure that we will disagree in the future on something and hope you resort to a better way of expressing yourself.
    Zimmerman is not a better defender than Wright period. This is facts, not opinion.

vCash
    Zimmerman is not a better defender than Wright period. This is facts, not opinion.
    How is that a fact ? It is your opinion and conceivably could be the opinion of everyone else on this board, but it is just an opinion. When you are comparing baseball players it is someones opinion.

A fact is that the Giants won the World Series, that is not an opinion it is a fact. If you were to say that Willie Mays was better than Mickey Mantle, that is an opinion, not a fact.

vCash
    How is that a fact ? It is your opinion and conceivably could be the opinion of everyone else on this board, but it is just an opinion. When you are comparing baseball players it is someones opinion.

A fact is that the Giants won the World Series, that is not an opinion it is a fact. If you were to say that Willie Mays was better than Mickey Mantle, that is an opinion, not a fact.
    The stats you are neglecting are the facts. I'm sorry but UZR and DRS are being used now and are widely respected.

vCash
    And Willie being better than Mickey is fact. When a comparison is manifestly clear cut it moves from opinion to fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    And Willie being better than Mickey is fact. When a comparison is manifestly clear cut it moves from opinion to fact.
    This...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345