Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    People just don't see David Wright in the same light Mets fans do. It's obvious at this point.

    He got snubbed for the ASG and Gold Glove.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    LOL what a fool you are. You'd rather have this guy?

    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...50919&c_id=mlb

    Prior to the shoulder problems, Zimmerman was a better defender, but not anymore. Wright is definitely one of the best now, because his defense is on another level.
    My god..

    Maybe if he had hit a little better he would have won the GG.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-31-2012 at 11:15 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Wright got robbed... Time to move on! He will take it next season

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    LOL what a fool you are. You'd rather have this guy?

    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...50919&c_id=mlb

    Prior to the shoulder problems, Zimmerman was a better defender, but not anymore. Wright is definitely one of the best now, because his defense is on another level.
    Just because someone disagrees with you they are a fool? Now that is mature !!

    This topic is an opinion based one and yours and mine just do not agree. I would never call you a fool if you disagreed with me, but I guess that maturity will change that.

    By the way, who gives a damn who wins the Gold Glove award; it is one of the most ridiculous awards given out in baseball.
    Last edited by NY Sports Fan; 11-01-2012 at 05:57 AM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The guy who has been making a fool of himself has been for quite a long while now.
    You can never admit that you are wrong can you? You always respond in that diggingand sarcastic fashion when someone challenges you. If you don't believe me that you should hear what some of the other posters have to say about you.

    Your knowledge of the Mets farm system is un-paralled and if you would re-read some of my comments I have complimented you numerous times, so I have no ill will against you, ( not that I ever could because this is just a baseball forum and to get so crazy over sports comments is just ridiculous especially now having gone through this disaster that has hit NY and NJ, it brings things into perspective).

    But to say that I have a hatred of David Wright is just perposterous, when you do not know me or the volunteer work that I have done with Wright at Cohen's Children Hospital.Once again, I am sure that you will respond in your usual way.

    I have followed and played baseball way before you were born and I think that I know the game as well as anybody. I just don't believe in WAR, UZR etc., etc,. I know a good, great and mediocre baseball player when I see one without relying on those stats.David Wright, in my opinion which is just as valid or in valid as anyone elses on this board, is just not a Gold Glove 3B, he never was before when he got the award and is not now.

    To show you how ridiculous this award is, didn't Derek Jeter win it last year ?
    Last edited by NY Sports Fan; 11-01-2012 at 05:54 AM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,894
    vCash
    1500

    Wright should be Gold Glove favorite

    You have had an agenda against Wright for a while now, so do not try to back track and say he is a good decent person and yada yada yada to try and make people think otherwise.

    I know hatred towards a player when I see it.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You have had an agenda against Wright for a while now, so do not try to back track and say he is a good decent person and yada yada yada to try and make people think otherwise.

    I know hatred towards a player when I see it.
    You are hopeless and stubborn and I have better things in my life to do as I certainly hope you do, to continue with this ridiculous argument with someone who refuses to take their blinders off.

    Enjoy whatever else you do in life other than your life with this forum !!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,894
    vCash
    1500

    Wright should be Gold Glove favorite

    Take their blinders off? This coming from a guy who has made thread after thread bashing Wright for years now. Now that is comical.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,469
    vCash
    1500
    Bowden: Mets 'cavalier' in Wright talks
    Former Reds and Nationals GM Jim Bowden described the Mets front office as treating David Wright negotiations in a similar fashion to the way things went with Jose Reyes. Still, the ESPN.com writer predicted Wright ultimately would agree to an extension in the neighborhood of seven years, $126 million with the club (presumably on top of the $16 million extension for 2013 that already has been picked up).



    Writes Bowden:

    However, Wright’s long-term future in New York is hardly guaranteed.

    First, discussions between Wright’s agents -- Sam and Seth Levinson -- and the Mets have been slow and grinding. Most negotiations with the Mets usually plod along, but the Mets also have shown the same cavalier attitude they demonstrated during the failed Jose Reyes negotiations in 2011. Not a good sign.

    Secondly, for those who think the Mets won’t let the face of the franchise walk away, remember that current Mets general manager Sandy Alderson is the one who said to goodbye to future Hall of Famer Trevor Hoffman while in San Diego. Alderson also allowed then-Padres manager Bruce Bochy to depart for NL West rival San Francisco Giants, where he would go on to win two World Series titles. In 1992, Alderson also traded Jose Canseco to the Texas Rangers in a blockbuster that was headlined by Ruben Sierra. Arguably the best trade of Alderson’s career might end up being the swap of All-Star outfielder Carlos Beltran to the Giants at the July 2011 trade deadline for top pitching prospect Zach Wheeler who should join the Mets’ starting rotation in 2013.

    Needless to say, Alderson’s not afraid to trade star players.

    Bowden goes on to predict five plausible trades if the Mets go that direction. To:

    • The Boston Red Sox for third base prospect Will Middlebrooks and a top starting pitching prospect such as Allen Webster.

    • The Los Angeles Angels for a package including first base prospect C.J. Cron.

    • The Arizona Diamondbacks for former No. 1 pick Trevor Bauer.

    • The Kansas City Royals for a package including third baseman Mike Moustakas.

    • The Texas Rangers for a "Mike Olt, Derek Holland and Craig Gentry-type of deal."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    By the way, who gives a damn who wins the Gold Glove award; it is one of the most ridiculous awards given out in baseball.
    Try saying that to Keith.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I think NY_Sports_Fan is WrightStuff82's brother-in-law or something...

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,761
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Just because someone disagrees with you they are a fool? Now that is mature !!

    This topic is an opinion based one and yours and mine just do not agree. I would never call you a fool if you disagreed with me, but I guess that maturity will change that.

    By the way, who gives a damn who wins the Gold Glove award; it is one of the most ridiculous awards given out in baseball.
    You are a fool for thinking an inferior defensive player is better than Wright period.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You are a fool for thinking an inferior defensive player is better than Wright period.
    Once again your immaturity has risen. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a fool. Someday when you get older you will you will get it, until that time there is no hope for you.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Once again your immaturity has risen. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a fool. Someday when you get older you will you will get it, until that time there is no hope for you.
    I still don't get how you think Zimmerman is the better fielder since his shoulder operation.

    He can't throw.

    Wright short hops a few balls without question and part of the acclaim should go to Ike digging some of those throws out but have you watched Zimmerman throw period?

    Wright is the significantly better fielding 3rd baseman at this point.

    Those highlight reel videos YS posted were only a microcosm of how good Wright was this year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-01-2012 at 06:36 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,761
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Once again your immaturity has risen. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a fool. Someday when you get older you will you will get it, until that time there is no hope for you.
    You are the one who is immature, you are dismissing straight facts and even the good old eye test in Wright being better Zimmerman. It's not even close at this point, you are just being a hater.

    Everyone can have their own opinion, but this isn't an opinion-based conversation, Wright is better defensively than Zimmerman. Ask me 3 years ago, and I'd say Zimmerman easily.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •