Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bay will bounce back and lead the Mets to the playoffs in 2013

Bay hit .165/.237/.299 with 8 homers in 212 PA in 2012.

A few notes:

1)His BABIP was a career low and unsustainable .185
    2)His HR/FB rate was 14.3% which was far better than 2010(5.1%) and 2011(8.8%)
    3)He suffered more injuries and concussions in 2012. His April line was decent(.240/.316/.460)
    4)8 homers was tied for 5th on the Mets(Valdespin) but he had the 10th most AB on the team.
    5)I am on drugs

(I'm not really on drugs)

But still, it's somewhat reasonable for Bay to bounce back for real this time. If Santana comes back healthy and effective like he was earlier in the year, then our rotation could possibly be the best in baseball with Dickey, Santana, Niese, Harvey, and Gee. If we can just make some improvements and score runs, anything is possible. The bullpen is a crapshoot so if we get lucky they might actually be good??
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Bay bouncing back is an easy prediction. Its like saying that if a 400 lb dude lost 20 pounds that he lost weight. He can't do any worse. He was at the absolute low for major league players. As for playoffs, man, that's bold. I agree with rotation, but if by "some improvements" you mean, improving the catcher, all three outfield positions (4 of the 8 position players, with the 2nd basemen and SS not being that great either), and improve the closer, and 4 of the 6 other bullpen positions, and the whole bench- if that is what you mean, then sure, we are a playoff team

vCash
    I think he could put up a .250/.330/.460 line next year if he hits for the same power he did this year.

If we can get a quality outfielder and catcher with maybe a pen arm or two, we could catch lightning in a bottle a win from our starting pitching going deep into games and giving quality starts night in and night out.

Stranger things have happened. This is just blind optimism speaking though lol.

vCash
    To be honest, if he were somewhere else (traded for instance) next year I could see a bounce back. But here I just don't. He needs a change of scenery to put to test whether he truly is done as a ballplayer like Baerga (D'backs), Hojo (Cubs) and Alomar (White Sox) did and hope he's more like some others who actually did revive their careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

A few notes:

3)He suffered more injuries and concussions in 2012. His April line was decent(.240/.316/.460)
    4)8 homers was tied for 5th on the Mets(Valdespin) but he had the 10th most AB on the team.
    5)I am on drugs

But still, it's somewhat reasonable for Bay to bounce back for real this time. If Santana comes back healthy and effective like he was earlier in the year, then our rotation could possibly be the best in baseball with Dickey, Santana, Niese, Harvey, and Gee. If we can just make some improvements and score runs, anything is possible. The bullpen is a crapshoot so if we get lucky they might actually be good??
    what's the over under on the number of posters who remind you of this thread next season when Bay sucks big time again?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Idk but I recall Bay getting unlucky a lot this year and hitting balls right to people. I was surprised when I looked at his stats and saw 8 homers. That is good considering he didn't play much.

vCash
    Idk but I recall Bay getting unlucky a lot this year and hitting balls right to people. I was surprised when I looked at his stats and saw 8 homers. That is good considering he didn't play much.
    Agreed on that end. He wasn't looking terrible in April.

Regardless, it's an organizationally sound move to bring him into ST and at least start the year with him on the team. The worst that happens is that he stinks up the joint (and he can't be worse than he was in 2011, absolutely no way), and he's gone at some point during the middle of the season.

It's better than playing the what-if game, and he goes to another organization and rips it up right out of ST.

Let's post a hypothetical:

Say Bay has a monster year akin to his final year in Boston and helps lead the Mets in a push. Do you pick up his option?

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post

Regardless, it's an organizationally sound move to bring him into ST and at least start the year with him on the team. The worst that happens is that he stinks up the joint (and he can't be worse than he was in 2011, absolutely no way), and he's gone at some point during the middle of the season.

It's better than playing the what-if game, and he goes to another organization and rips it up right out of ST.

Say Bay has a monster year akin to his final year in Boston and helps lead the Mets in a push. Do you pick up his option?
    That question reminds me of a funny story i heard told during the 2000 presidential campaign which saw VP Al Gore running for president with Senator Joe Leiberman as his runningmate.

Leiberman is an observant Jew, something the media took note of when they realized that the inauguration ball would be taking place on a Friday night, the Sabbath, the Jewish Holy Day of Rest on which pretty much everything is forbidden other than eating and praying.

One of the reporters ran into Leiberman's mom and thought it would be wise to ask her if she thought her son would be able to partake in the inaugural celebration on the Sabbath. Her answer is exactly how i would respond to your question here:

"Sweetheart, we should have such a problem!"
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

A few notes:

5)I am on drugs

The Mets have WAY too many holes, and will still be in 4th place even if the things in your list come true.

The problem with the Mets is lack of talent, not such much "underproduction". It requires a whole revamp of the roster and the path of the team in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post

His option is automatic for 2014 with 600 PA next year.

He would really need to catch fire early and be some of that consistent power and run producing threat he was for the Red Sox or Pittsburgh before the Mets could consider it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-27-2012 at 02:47 AM.

vCash

A few notes:

5)I am on drugs

I know you don't make those type of threads but i'll be honest when i first clicked on it, i was thinking my god YS you troll

vCash
    Deciding whether or not to pick up his option would be a great problem to have, I hope he plays that well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know you don't make those type of threads but i'll be honest when i first clicked on it, i was thinking my god YS you troll
    Lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    The Mets have WAY too many holes, and will still be in 4th place even if the things in your list come true.

The problem with the Mets is lack of talent, not such much "underproduction". It requires a whole revamp of the roster and the path of the team in general.
    Watching the Giants in the World Series, do you believe that they are far more talented than the Mets? They great starting pitching but we could too.

And why is every post 4th place? Can't we go 2nd, 3rd or last place?

vCash

A few notes:

5)I am on drugs

He's not been unlucky he's been **** at baseball. After 3 years his BABIP could read anything and it would mean nothing to me, he can no longer hit a baseball with a baseball bat.

5) By the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast