Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If Jeremy Lamb Becomes on par w/ Harden, Does OKC face same situation?

In 2-3 yrs, if Lamb becomes the equivalent of what James Harden is now (but not a level above that), and he asks for the max just like Harden did this summer, does OKC find themselves in the same bind?

Is it cyclical?

Like would OKC have to get rid of Lamb (ala Harden) and trade him away and get another rookie (ala Rookie Lamb ?)

Mind you that Maynor and Ibaka will probably have heavy contracts to go along with Westy and KD. And also take into account the repeater tax that goes into effect in 2013-2014 and gets progressively worse for luxury tax teams as the yrs go on.

Does this make it even tougher for a OKC-like market to retain a Harden (probably Lamb in the future) ?

I mean as a franchise, where you draw the line and budge and say, "Ok, we are sticking with this guy, we will budge financially, we're not going to keep trading pieces of our core anymore".

vCash
    No, Durant will probably be a Laker somehow because Kupchak convinces them to take a bag of Pau Gasol's beard clippings, so they'll have enough money to sign him.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    No, because they have him at a great deal money wise for 5 years. Alot of things can go wrong with the roster and players in a 5 year period, and by that time big contracts like Perk will be gone and they might have a guy that can fill in or take Ibaka's spot in Perry Jones.

vCash
    He doesn't have the playmaking ability even though he has similar size to be as good as Harden in that regard. BUT I know what you mean, you're talking about impact and importance I presume? OKC will need to figure it out somehow. Ibaka, Durant and Westbrook is good enough to build around where you can at least make the conference finals year in and year out.

vCash
    They have Lamb on rookie scale for at least 4 years if they want. They won't run into that issue.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    In 2-3 yrs, if Lamb becomes the equivalent of what James Harden is now (but not a level above that), and he asks for the max just like Harden did this summer, does OKC find themselves in the same bind?

Is it cyclical?

Like would OKC have to get rid of Lamb (ala Harden) and trade him away and get another rookie (ala Rookie Lamb ?)

Mind you that Maynor and Ibaka will probably have heavy contracts to go along with Westy and KD. And also take into account the repeater tax that goes into effect in 2013-2014 and gets progressively worse for luxury tax teams as the yrs go on.

Does this make it even tougher for a OKC-like market to retain a Harden (probably Lamb in the future) ?

I mean as a franchise, where you draw the line and budge and say, "Ok, we are sticking with this guy, we will budge financially, we're not going to keep trading pieces of our core anymore".

How many James Harden threads are you gonna make? All this chatter over a non damn all star man
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    It's completely cyclical, remember Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka's next contracts will be bigger. At best OKC has to hope to keep hitting on rookies and then dealing them when they want contracts to get other rookies.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    No Perkins contract will be out of the way

vCash
    As long as they don't resign Perkins. He is the bad deal/dead weight that cost them their core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    As long as they don't resign Perkins. He is the bad deal/dead weight that cost them their core.
    I think they amnesty Perk next summer to re-sign Maynor and Ibaka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    How many James Harden threads are you gonna make? All this chatter over a non damn all star man
    then don't watch

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Judging from his stats from college (I didn't get to watch him play) he won't be the kind of all around player that Harden is, but that said, OKC doesn't really need him to be. If he's commanding a max contract by that time, depending on how good he is, they can trade him for a younger sharp shooter and draft picks, like they did with Harden, or they can perhaps look at moving Westbrook or another player for a younger PG. OKC made a shrewd choice in trading Harden, but it was the right move. He has potential to be great, but let's face it, paying a max-deal for a player you have coming off the bench that has a 12 points per game career scoring average... not the smartest move you can make. I thought Harden was only eligible for 10 mill per, so when asked initially if he was wortht he max, i said yes, but then I realized I was mistaken and that he is eligible for 15 million, in which case, no, he's not worth that much! Not for what he does on the court at any rate. OKC is doing what small market teams need to do. Keep their payroll down (reasonable so at least) draft well, and try to load up on draft picks.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    THIS IS A JEREMY LAMB THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    wouldnt you want this problem if you're the Thunder?

vCash
    Clearly, you don't get how awesome rookie contracts are.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast