Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gino didn't even make it Game 1

Mike Monroe: @manuginobili won't travel to New Orleans for opener; back to be reassessed Thursday Twitter @Monroe_SA
    Wow, this is really worrisome for me. At least he could usually start the season strong after "getting rest" but if his back is already acting up then this is a major problem.

vCash
    I mean. It's New Orleans, without Austin Rivers and maybe Eric Gordon. Let's wait until he gets his back released before we panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    No, I agree. I am not worried about the game. But the fact that his back would be enough of an issue is a problem for me. I hadn't even heard anything. I am fine with resting the big three. But usually we start healthy. It just seems like this is a bad start, even if it is just NO.

vCash
    With the glut of guards we have I am sure Pop is just being cautious & will continue to be so throughout the year.

vCash
    Ginobili out for season opener
    Written by Michael A. De Leon on Oct 29, 2012 18:52.

While San Antonio Spurs fans may be ready to start the new season off on Wednesday, unfortunately Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is not.

Ginobili sat out of the final preseason game on Friday against the Washington Wizards and will not travel with the team to New Orleans for their season tipoff against the Hornets, according to News4WOAI's Don Harris.

Coach Gregg Popovich told News 4 WOAI Monday afternoon, "He’s not going to travel to New Orleans and we’re going to assess him again on Thursday, He still feels his back. He tried to get on the court today and he couldn’t do it.”

Ginobili has been suffering back spasms for the past few days.

The Spurs still have not ruled out Ginobili playing in the home opener Thursday against Oklahoma City.

With Ginobili out, Nando De Colo could see some extra playing time on the floor in spot minutes at both guard positions. The Spurs could also use Patty Mills more at backup point guard and slide Gary Neal over to backup Danny Green.

The Spurs tip off against New Orleans at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.

http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    No, I agree. I am not worried about the game. But the fact that his back would be enough of an issue is a problem for me. I hadn't even heard anything. I am fine with resting the big three. But usually we start healthy. It just seems like this is a bad start, even if it is just NO.
    I just don't think it's anything to worry about this early in the season. As long as he's healthy in time to be ready for the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Would not be surprised if he plays against OKC tbh. Back to back, no reason to play him against NO.

I hope it's not something that lingers all year

vCash
    Just to add to my above post, seems TP has the same mindset although he's no Dr.

Jeff McDonald: Ginobili (back) out tonight, obviously, but Spurs don't seem too concerned. "I think he'll play tomorrow" vs. OKC, says Tony Parker.