Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Game 1 roster predictions / Impact with Rubio/Love early

Two things - guess the starting roster for game 1 of the year and please comment and tell me your thoughts as far as last years starters vs this years starters w/o Rubio and Love.

Game 1:
    Ridnour
    Roy
    Budinger/AK (can't decide!!!)
    Williams
    Pek

Last years starters

Rubio
    Wes
    Beasley
    Love
    Pek

Sure, Love to Williams and Rubio to Ridnour will probably be a huge drop in production but the upgrade of Beasley to Budinger/AK and the upgrade of Wes to Roy could be a big one, too. Our roster WITHOUT Rubio and Love to start the season might not be as bad as your gut reaction might indicate...

Game 1 is this Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I am 100% against the acquisition of Love unless it is for TT (Tristan Thompson) and a first rounder (late 20's).
    A Cavs fans view of equal value.

vCash
    First of all I think Williams won't start. I think Cunningham will start at PF. Also I am not sure Roy will start or Adelman will go with Bud who knows the system and is in better physical condition. Either way I think Bud will play more minutes but I ain't sure who will start.
    Here's my guess:
    Barrea
    Bud
    AK
    Cunningham
    Pek

No doubt in my mind these years roster is better than last years. As for the starters without Rubio and Love, I think Love's absence is a bit difficult to cover. Maybe for a couple of games but more than that I don't know.

United we Run

vCash
    My guess is we see a lineup similar to the last pre-season game assuming no more injuries:

Ridnour (this is why I say "similar")
    Roy
    Bud
    AK (Thompson and Robinson are small enough)
    Pek

This lineup gives us a better offensive balance to prevent slow starts. Also, D-Dub and DC seem to play fairly well together and again are an offense/defense compliment like Bud/AK.

Even depleted, I like our starting lineup better this year. Having legitimate wings that the other team has to pay attention to or suffer the consequences is a major upgrade offensively and this team has bought in defensively.

vCash
    My only concern about Ridnour and the reason I left him out of the starting line up is that he missed a lot of games due to injury.

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    My only concern about Ridnour and the reason I left him out of the starting line up is that he missed a lot of games due to injury.
    If Ridnour had his spasms act up, I would assume Lee starts simply because Adelman seems to recognize that Barea doesn't run the offense very well and is more effective off of the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    My guess is we see a lineup similar to the last pre-season game assuming no more injuries:

Ridnour (this is why I say "similar")
    Roy
    Bud
    AK (Thompson and Robinson are small enough)
    Pek

This lineup gives us a better offensive balance to prevent slow starts. Also, D-Dub and DC seem to play fairly well together and again are an offense/defense compliment like Bud/AK.

Even depleted, I like our starting lineup better this year. Having legitimate wings that the other team has to pay attention to or suffer the consequences is a major upgrade offensively and this team has bought in defensively.
    I approve this. Fairly sure it will be the starting lineup. Adelman loves Bud and Derrick Williams hasn't exactly impressed in pre-season. With Love out he'll let AK play a lot of PF early on. After Love's return AK will get more minutes at SF as well.

Williams will either produce off the bench or be gone at the trade deadline.

vCash
    Ridnour
    Roy
    Budinger
    Kirilenko
    Pekovic

Budinger killed it to end the preseason, and Adelman already trusts him. Ridnour, should his back give him any problems, means we see JJ.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Ridnour
    Roy
    Budinger
    Kirilenko
    Pekovic

Budinger killed it to end the preseason, and Adelman already trusts him. Ridnour, should his back give him any problems, means we see JJ.
    I second this starting 5.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Ridnour
    Roy
    Budinger
    Kirilenko
    Pekovic

This is what it looks like to me also. Williams will be off bench as his game is on and off. Also if Barrea was to start, we would probably see alot of Shved. Barrea can guard the point because of his size, but on the other end, he'll play more like the SG and Shved will play the opposite of him.

vCash
    as I stated in the Love injury thread, we open up with only 5/15 games against probably playoff teams, so we can stay afloat. The problem is, while we would all be stoked to be 8-7 when Love gets back, if he was healthy, this was the month where we can come out 10-5, or 11-4, and be getting Rubio back in the next 2 weeks.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I'll give it a shot

PG Ridenour

SG Roy

SF Kirilenko

PF Williams

C Pekovic

Without Rubio and Love I believe we got lucky that the NBA Schedulers did us a favor so we should get off to a good start.

vCash
    PG Ridenour

SG Roy

SF Kirilenko

PF Williams

C Pekovic

vCash
    I think there is no way in hell Williams is starting a single game this year. He can have good scoring nights here and there, but he's not even close to Love/Cunningham/AK/Budinger overall contribution to the game.

I fully agree with AK/Bud starting and Cunningham/Williams backing them up. Very good offense/defense balance, assuming AK can handle the opposing PFs.

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I think there is no way in hell Williams is starting a single game this year. He can have good scoring nights here and there, but he's not even close to Love/Cunningham/AK/Budinger overall contribution to the game.

I fully agree with AK/Bud starting and Cunningham/Williams backing them up. Very good offense/defense balance, assuming AK can handle the opposing PFs.
    Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I am 100% against the acquisition of Love unless it is for TT (Tristan Thompson) and a first rounder (late 20's).
    A Cavs fans view of equal value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Bump.

haha rubbing it in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast