Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

ProFootballFocus Updates

This week was pretty ugly for the OL - every OL outside of Lance Louis (+0.8 grade) graded negatively with Webb netting his worst Pass pro ranking of the season.

What gave me a "holy ****" reaction was Henry Melton's grade of +7.6 (which is freaking absurdly good). His play this week bumped him into the top 5 of DTs in PFF gradings.

I'll try and post some screengrabs tomorrow if whoever else has a subscription doesn't, but there were some pretty damn good grades defensively for us this week.

vCash
    I would venture that Jennings dropped out of the top 10?
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Probably not. He was thrown at 17 times and only allowed 8 receptions and 120~ yards and no TD's. That's a QB Rating against of 31.13. That's really good, cause he had 2 picks plus another deflection. It might have been ugly at times, but the big plays he made should likely netted him a positive grade, even though it likely wasn't great.

I'm willing to bet he was somewhere between +1 and +2 overall, which is solid, though unspectacular.

FYI: Tillman was only targeted against three times. Allowed 1 reception.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Nope. He dropped to 9. Trillman's up at 5 or 6...don't remember which.

Jennings had a game grade of 0.0 which seems fairly appropriate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Nope. He dropped to 9. Trillman's up at 5 or 6...don't remember which.

Jennings had a game grade of 0.0 which seems fairly appropriate.
    Wow. Graded out worse than I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Probably not. He was thrown at 17 times and only allowed 8 receptions and 120~ yards and no TD's. That's a QB Rating against of 31.13. That's really good, cause he had 2 picks plus another deflection. It might have been ugly at times, but the big plays he made should likely netted him a positive grade, even though it likely wasn't great.

I'm willing to bet he was somewhere between +1 and +2 overall, which is solid, though unspectacular.

FYI: Tillman was only targeted against three times. Allowed 1 reception.
    That's true. Guess I was looking at the raw #'s too much, because when you lay it all out like that, it wasn't really bad at all. And dammit, he was in a great position to defend the 47-yarder, he just made a horrible play on the ball.

A zero grade is perfectly appropriate.

vCash
    What did Sherman and Winifield grade out at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    What did Sherman and Winifield grade out at?
    For some reason I like Sherman maybe because he is loquacious (thx pft)! I am also interested in his grades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ackar View Post
    For some reason I like Sherman maybe because he is loquacious (thx pft)! I am also interested in his grades.
    I think I'm more annoyed by his off the field trash talk and seahawks fans acting like hes a god. Either way still having 2 CB's in the top 10 and Hawk still leading the league in INT's baby.

vCash
    Don't know much about these grades. Can someone just give me a sentence or two on how they are determined? Is it determined by football analysts' observations? By a formula?
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    ^ Seems like extensive film watching. They must look at the formations and what coverage the defense is in. They seem to have a good idea regarding assignments and where to place blame. I can't imagine much penalization for getting beat in a zone.

I'd like to know if they've ever been real scouts, or FO guys, or lower-level coaches, like why they are gospel all of a sudden.

vCash
    ^ Seems like extensive film watching. They must look at the formations and what coverage the defense is in. They seem to have a good idea regarding assignments and where to place blame. I can't imagine much penalization for getting beat in a zone.

I'd like to know if they've ever been real scouts, or FO guys, or lower-level coaches, like why they are gospel all of a sudden.

I think anybody who actually takes the time to analyze every single player in every single play with an unbiased opinion is better than the "analysis" we get from espn or sportswriters who seem to see 3 highlights of a game, take a quick look at the box score, and then go on to act like they did their homework. Not sure what the credentials are either but nevertheless it's always nice to get another perspective.

vCash
    Yeah, I agree. Unless its a coach with a bonafide pedigree I really don't put much stock into the pundits

vCash
    NFL Teams and Scouts use PFF's stats. Their ratings and scouting abilities are legit.

vCash
    But who are the men behind the curtain?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast