Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1350
    vCash
    I definitely see them giving ET the qualifying offer. And I don't object to it at all.

It's not about what you think he's worth right now in a $/year sense. It's about keeping his rights for another year before waiting to see if you want to extend him or let him go.

Look, ET is incredibly inconsistent and frustrating as a player at times, but he's also not a finished product, and he does have the potential to be worth the value of the QO. Look at everything he can do now, the tools he has, and still think about the things he can/has been improving on. Just look at what he did with his three point shooting this year, which was his greatest weakness just last season.

The point is, when you have an opportunity to hang onto a player like that for only a year longer commitment, despite all the problems he's had thus far, you should usually take it. Just to see if he can improve.

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Hell be like 26 when its time to make that QO.....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    so?

vCash
    it should be noted that ET already has a guaranteed contract for next year which means that the qualifying offer only comes into play the year after next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Hell be like 26 when its time to make that QO.....
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    it should be noted that ET already has a guaranteed contract for next year which means that the qualifying offer only comes into play the year after next.
    Ah, my bad. I was thinking the QO would come into play after this season, not after next season. So we still have another year to see how he develops before we even need to consider that. Obviously if he doesn't develop anymore this year/next year, or even regresses, then my stance will be changed.

vCash
    Tony allen is the only guy u named id take over young (assuming his level of play/IQ stay roughly the same as recent)
    Jeez....I don't expect that. What makes you think so highly of Nick Young? What does he do that makes him better than the players I listed?

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Better jumper, better off the ball player, more athletic....

And recently his D has improved and hes passing te ball more.

I also like that he doesnt waste a ton of time dribbling, and recently instead of jacking a bad shot, hes been making the easy pass

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Tony allen is the only guy u named id take over young (assuming his level of play/IQ stay roughly the same as recent)
    Jack and buginer are better than young without question ill admit i haven't had internet for a week but no matter how well young has played the past couple games he isn't better than them Nick Young isnt even good and its not like he is a young developing player this is his prime

2012 allstar

vCash
    Better jumper, better off the ball player, more athletic....

And recently his D has improved and hes passing te ball more.

I also like that he doesnt waste a ton of time dribbling, and recently instead of jacking a bad shot, hes been making the easy pass
    Even with the improved D he's probably not a top 50 defensive SG or SF. He's a black hole on offense and a career 42% shooter. With the exception of Webster I would take everyone I listed over Young. Redick, Budinger, Brewer, Jack, Allen, Korver and Barnes are all far better players and it's not close.

vCash
    Jack, Reddick, Budinger, Allen >> Young, and I'd take Korver over him too, I think. Not so sure about the others.

vCash
    ET should have been extended this past offseason. It would have been cheaper for the Sixers throughout his prime years. Lack of forsight. They already signed him for good coin through next year. It would have been the wise choice.

As far as Swaggy goes, he has a bit more all around ability than most of those off those wings. But most of them are better role players on a contending team. We better not get caught up in a 6-7 mil long term deal with Swaggy. That will likely be a mistake. Although, I hope he proves me wrong.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 02-02-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I know Thad gets slammed here a lot for his contract. But he really is the heart of our team and the little things he does I think are going to be missed with this injury. We're going to need a big that can rebound and score opportunity baskets.

Any thoughts on throwing a conditional/future 2nd to the Warriors for Jeremy Tyler. He has been bouncing up and down from the NBA to D League. He's still only 21 and with Bogut back I don't see him getting any time. But when he gets time he does rebound and score. I think when Bynum comes back that would be a nice combo down low for years to come.

vCash
    Bogut is just as injory prone as Bynum so even with Tyler riding pine its still better for GS to keep him with his cheap contract

vCash
    I'm intrigued by Tyler's potential. I'd be happy to try to get him on the cheap. But Thad is already light years ahead of Tyler as is, and would more than likely be a better combo with Bynum down low for years to come. He's already outplaying his contract in my opinion, and will just get even better as he starts to approach his peak years in the league.

If the FO doesn't like Thad as their PF in building a championship contender, then I'd rather see them go after one of the other solidified stars - such as Josh Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Bogut is just as injory prone as Bynum so even with Tyler riding pine its still better for GS to keep him with his cheap contract
    1. Andrew Bogut
    2. Festus Ezeli
    3. Andris Biedrins
    4. David Lee
    5. Carl Landry
    6. Draymond Green
    Finally...
    7. Jeremy Tyler

All above him on the depth chart at C/PF. I don't see your point at all, he has fallen out of favor because they signed better FA/Draft picks in their evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I'm intrigued by Tyler's potential. I'd be happy to try to get him on the cheap. But Thad is already light years ahead of Tyler as is, and would more than likely be a better combo with Bynum down low for years to come. He's already outplaying his contract in my opinion, and will just get even better as he starts to approach his peak years in the league.

If the FO doesn't like Thad as their PF in building a championship contender, then I'd rather see them go after one of the other solidified stars - such as Josh Smith.
    Agreed with the premise getting him on the cheap when we are so weak at C/PF helps. Of course Thad is more advance than Tyler he's been in the league for 3 more years and had ample opportunities to play. That being you're fooling yourself to think Thad can get much better. He is just too undersized for starting PF on a contending team. He's the perfect PF/SF off the bench, like Odom was for LA.

Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast