Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ugh can you read...I said twice I doubt it happens, I'm looking for something like that.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    But u wont get anything like that for hawes.... Thats the point... Its why u had to post a trade that would never happen... Cause the realistic version doesnt exist.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Or I was leaving for work and it was the first team I could think of with a C on an expiring...

Timofy Mozcov from Denver is another. Likely more realistic, especially given he's fallen out of the rotation.
    I still like Kaman on one year to help. Not the best but a step up from what we have to backup Bynum.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Josh Smith is a HUGE upgrade over Thad Young. He plays elite defense and has great court vision. He passes well. is unselfish and isn't afraid of the paint. He seems a bit temperamental, but plays with a lot of swagger. The 76ers could use a lot of what Josh Smith brings to the table.

vCash
    hate Josh Smith, hes not a 4 just Horford isnt a 5 in ATL but bcuz they can never find a serviceble C they have been playing out of position. If the Sixers were interested in Smith I think they would have went after him instead of Brand when he was younger, cheaper and prob better

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 4 Yards: 97 TD: 1

vCash
    They did choose him over Brand, but ATL was matching all offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajecco View Post
    Josh Smith is a HUGE upgrade over Thad Young. He plays elite defense and has great court vision. He passes well. is unselfish and isn't afraid of the paint. He seems a bit temperamental, but plays with a lot of swagger. The 76ers could use a lot of what Josh Smith brings to the table.
    I think what we would miss from Thad is bigger than what we would gain from Smith.

Thad does the things you can't measure. He plays with heart and fire. He dives after loose balls. He jumps into the crowd to save balls. Takes charge after charge. And not just in big spots. He does that all the time. I rarely see Smith doing that.

I think offensively the upgrade is minimal, and off ball D is a bigger change. But what (especially offensively) can Smith do that Thad can't? Both can finish in the open court. Both a quick in the post. I'll take Thad's midrange jumper in a heartbeat. I'll take Thad's BBall IQ anyday.

Biggest upside to Smith is he's in his final year of his contract.

vCash
    I defend Thad more than anyone in this forum. I love him, and think he's horribly underrated by most here... But if you prefer him over Josh Smith then you're straight out of your mind. It's very simple and you're blinding yourself from an obvious fact. You can't see the forest because the trees are in the way, or however that saying goes...

vCash
    not exactly sayin i would take Thad over him bcuz there is the upside of more cap room if Smith walks however he wants a max deal and hes not a max player

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 4 Yards: 97 TD: 1

vCash
    ill start by dismissing everything you said about thad young by saying that all of his numbers per36 minutes are about the same... his true shooting % is worse... his rebounding has improved, but only slightly.... and his FT% is abysmal. his defense is better, but come playoff time, likely that goes through the toilet against the better frontcourts.
    the sixers played the two best FG% defenses in the NBA in the playoffs last year, so if you're gauging players by whether they can score 20 points on 50+% shooting against the bulls and the celtics, you're gonna think a lot of players are ****.

and yes, his per minute numbers are more or less the same as last year, but the argument prior to this season was that he was solely a product of being able to play against 2nd units, and that he would be incapable of maintaining his production in a starting role, in starters minutes.

as for the FT%, that's not good, but he's consistently been above 70% for his career and just last year, he shot a career high 77%. i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

as for the whole shedding salary thing, that's only productive if you do something constructive with the newly available cap-space. if you go out and give 60 million to josh smith, you're not exactly helping yourself in the long term. so, really, unless there's some concrete-ish type plan for what you'd do with the cap room you open by trading thad, i'm gonna stick to the position that it's a bad idea to trade thad.

vCash
    I agree that Smith isn't a max player, but who else are the 76ers going to spend the money on? They'll most likely resign Bynum. There isn't much else there in this off-season other than Milsap & Jefferson. As I said before giving Al Jefferson a big money multi-year deal will end badly as it did with Brand so I doubt the 76ers will go there.

2014 is also short on true impact players such as Josh Smith.

Philly probably wouldn't be Smith's 1st choice, but a healthy Bynum + Holiday may be enough to get him interested. It's doubtful that an opportunity to sign Smith will materialize, but if it does the 76ers almost should probably jump on it even if it means over-paying him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    not exactly sayin i would take Thad over him bcuz there is the upside of more cap room if Smith walks however he wants a max deal and hes not a max player
    I hear you. It's just that warfelg was clearly saying that he thinks Thad is a better player, or that his loss on the court would be greater than Smith's gain, which is basically the same thing. I love Thad, but I had to draw the line there.

vCash
    To me idt its a debate who is the better player, Smith is obviously a better player...

However the asking price for Smith is just to high for what Smith would bring if it would cost Thad and et

If atl asked for Thad and hawes or something than I would be all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I hear you. It's just that warfelg was clearly saying that he thinks Thad is a better player, or that his loss on the court would be greater than Smith's gain, which is basically the same thing. I love Thad, but I had to draw the line there.
    I'm not saying that Thad is the better player. We just have the goggles that Thad isn't good. He is really good. He is a cheaper Smith. But Thad does all the glue guy stuff. And come playoffs you would be in a similar position with Smith as you would Thad. Especially given Thad is 6'8" 235 and Smith is 6'9" 225.

Also pointing out the losses from one player would be greater than the gains from the next doesn't mean the first is better.

Edit:
    Is there someone that can/is willing to get PER stats for Smith and Thad for both the regular season and playoffs. I would venture to guess that they might be similar.
    Last edited by warfelg; 01-28-2013 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    What do you guys think about martell webster?

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast