Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Nah, bynum would be 1 jrue 2

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    We'll see...that I'm right.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Thad/JRich for Diop/Bismack/Warrick (2 expirings and Bismack) plus a 1st round pick lotto protected.

I think that trade gets Charlotte into the post season, and improves our future options. The Bobcats don't exactly attract top FA's. A franchise like that might be happy to get Thad at his current contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

I actually like that, makes us tougher defensively while not hurting us too bad offensively this season.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I actually like that, makes us tougher defensively while not hurting us too bad offensively this season.
    Huh?

vCash

Whats the huh? The offensive part?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Yeah. I think losing Thad, and to a lesser extent, J-Rich, would be crushing to our offense this season. Especially given the severity of our depth issues so far.

I'd imagine the lineup would like something like this: Jrue, Turner, Wright, Lavoy, Hawes. With Swaggy and Warrick being our best scorers off the bench. And Biyombo has potential but he's still incredibly raw and offensively challenged. That's a pretty horrible team right there.

vCash
    FYI - Jrue missed practice today and is getting an MRI with pain in his foot. Let's hope in not serious. The fact that he didn't have any pain last night and only woke up with it today is odd. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign:

Jrue Holiday did not practice today with left foot longitudinal arch. X-rays were negative. He's having an MRI. #sixers
    If Jrue Holiday can't go Friday at Indiana, #Sixers will go to Evan Turner or Nick Young at point guard, said coach Doug Collins.
    A team official said #Sixers PG Jrue Holiday did not experience any pain last night. Said Holiday felt something when he woke up.
    https://twitter.com/ChrisVito

Also, Royal Ivey has strep throat and won't travel to Indy for Friday's game. That's why Doug mentioned Swaggy as a possible starter at PG. Personally, I find the thought of that pretty hilarious. But even if Swaggy starts at "PG," I'm it will purely be for matchup purposes, and Evan will be the guy that truly runs the point on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Yeah. I think losing Thad, and to a lesser extent, J-Rich, would be crushing to our offense this season. Especially given the severity of our depth issues so far.

I'd imagine the lineup would like something like this: Jrue, Turner, Wright, Lavoy, Hawes. With Swaggy and Warrick being our best scorers off the bench. And Biyombo has potential but he's still incredibly raw and offensively challenged. That's a pretty horrible team right there.
    Yeah ur right, i didnt think it through totally.

Id still do the trade tho, we need FA money this summer cause i dont feel too optimistic about bynum.

Although, kevin love is an unrestricted FA in 2014, so waiting a year may be a better move if we cant sign howard...

Love isnt happy in minny

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Jrue getting a MRI on sore foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    http://blogs.delawareonline.com/76er...nclick_check=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    FYI - Jrue missed practice today and is getting an MRI with pain in his foot. Let's hope in not serious. The fact that he didn't have any pain last night and only woke up with it today is odd. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign:

https://twitter.com/ChrisVito

Also, Royal Ivey has strep throat and won't travel to Indy for Friday's game. That's why Doug mentioned Swaggy as a possible starter at PG. Personally, I find the thought of that pretty hilarious. But even if Swaggy starts at "PG," I'm it will purely be for matchup purposes, and Evan will be the guy that truly runs the point on offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post
    MRI revealed a sprain - he's questionable for tomorrow night.

vCash

Id guess turner flirts with a triple double as the pg and main scoring option.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    If we are keeping bynum, then i do not want to trade thad. He has played great as an undersized forward next to some of the worst big men getting playing time in the NBA right now (Hawes, Lavoy, Kwame).. His play would be even better next to a guy like bynum that would hide some of is defensive weaknesses. And lets not forget he has alot of strengths on defense.. he blows up pick and rolls with his quickness, gets steals, blocks, and has defended anyone from melo/durant to noah/boozer this year. I feel like some of the guys on the forum have latched on to the idea that thad was too small to guard a guy at the 4 and have just assumed he hasnt improved.. which he has

He will also be a great compliment to Bynum on offense with his ability to make buckets and putbacks without plays run for him. I think he is going to absolutely flourish, more so than he has already.

Jrue, Turner, and Thad have single handedly lead us to 12 wins this year... we dont need to break up that core, we need to build around it (Bynum is a great start/fit)

vCash

But we still dont know if bynum is ever gonna play for the sixers

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast