Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    2 days ago...

And of course he has a say on trades.

Okay thansk, Tom Moore is a pretty reliable guy. Okay so for whom ?
    Golden State's owner is cheap, and has a high long term team payroll. How about Nick Young's expiring deal and Hawes for David Lee ? Yes he is highly paid, and for several years. But he is a good inside scoring PF and rebounder. And it allows Thad to come off the bench Improving us there. ?

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Wouldn't mind David Lee. He's pretty soft but at the end of the day he does get boards and has a pretty good knack for scoring. And pushing Thad to the bench would help with the bench scoring even though I've liked him as a starter. But I don't know if his contract would be too team friendly. Don't know the salary cap specifics right now.

I'd still prefer a guy like Reggie Evans over trading for a David Lee first. He obviously wouldn't help with scoring but he does the other stuff that we desperately need and would be much easier to acquire I'd imagine. Except for the fact that the Nets probably have no interest in trading him to a division foe. But someone like that - cheap, little trade value, high energy, grabs boards, does the dirty work, doesn't need the ball to be effective at what he does, happily defers to others for scoring.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 12-08-2012 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    Wouldn't mind David Lee. He's pretty soft but at the end of the day he does get boards and has a pretty good knack for scoring. And pushing Thad to the bench would help with the bench scoring even though I've liked him as a starter. But I don't know if his contract would be too team friendly. Don't know the salary cap specifics right now.

I'd still prefer a guy like Reggie Evans over trading for a David Lee first.

How about a straight deal of Thad to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson ? They both average the same Rebounds. Thad would greatly Improve their Athleticism and defense. As where Anderson is a great stretch Forward who can hit the 3 ball, and open things up in the Lane for Turner and Holiday to drive to the hoop. What about that deal ?

vCash

That wouldnt push thad to the bench.... David lee would play the 5 on this team.

Common sense....

Still improves us, but i doubt gs would do that trade.

Also, i like thad in the starting lineup, if he had a rebounding 5 a lot of his shortcomings would disappear

I think we are making too much of a deal about the bench.... The bench isnt a problem.... Our frontcourt and rebounding is the problem.

I like that our core scoring is coming through 3 main guys.

The bottom line for bench scoring is that wright needs to play better.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post

I'd still prefer a guy like Reggie Evans over trading for a David Lee first.

How about a straight deal of Thad to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson ? They both average the same Rebounds. Thad would greatly Improve their Athleticism and defense. As where Anderson is a great stretch Forward who can hit the 3 ball, and open things up in the Lane for Turner and Holiday to drive to the hoop. What about that deal ?
    Pass, makes our defense worse and i dont love my pf playing outside of 18 feet

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Wright, Hawes, and Swaggy all need to play better. Wright and Hawes most importantly. But yeah, I agree with Hydro as usual.

vCash
    Wright and Nick Young. Young has been a huge disappointment to me. We are a low-scoring team, and if Wright & Young, who are both terrible defensive players aren't gonna help us scoring wise, then we need to package them for Rebounding. Cause you're right, we are a weak boarding team.

vCash

I feel like wed have to overpay for evans since hes a cheap role player whos useful in brooklyn

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I feel like wed have to overpay for evans since hes a cheap role player whos useful in brooklyn
    Probably right. Just saying, someone like that who'd be easy to acquire would be ideal in my opinion, barring a more significant trade.

vCash
    Yeah, if it's not too broken, why fix it. The Nets are doing pretty good, and Evans rebounding helps them, so why do it ?

Hey, the Bucks are pretty bad. And they have a team payroll of just over 40 million next year. How about after Dec,15th...when Nick Young can be traded, we deal him, and Moultrie..( Yes it hurts to say that )...to the Bucks for Drew Gooden...AND Larry Sanders ? It would clear another 7 million for next year for the Bucks. And it gives us a very Athletic, and great Rebounder in Sanders. Sanders is averaging 7.8 rebounds a game in under 23 minutes. Thats 3 more boards then Lavoy Allen gives us. And Allen plays more then Sanders does..( Just barely though ) Sanders is very Athletic and Long, and can Block some shots as well. As stated the Bucks clear Gooden's Salary off their Cap for next year, but still get a Young, tall and very Athletic PF to replace Sanders ?

Does this deal appeal to anyone ?

vCash

It appeals to me, but i dont touch it.

Why sacrifice OUR cap room when we are still unsure of andrew bynums knees.

We potentially have 20mil to play with if bynum doesnt stay or cant play.... Im not giving one penny of that up for larry saunders and drew gooden.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    It appeals to me, but i dont touch it.

Why sacrifice OUR cap room when we are still unsure of andrew bynums knees.

We potentially have 20mil to play with if bynum doesnt stay or cant play.... Im not giving one penny of that up for larry saunders and drew gooden.

How do you figure 20 million ? If Bynum is not around and we renounce him, I have it at barely 11 million if the Salary Cap stays at 58 million. Which experts say it likely will. It maybe even will go down slightly. So where is the 20 million in Cap space coming from ?

vCash

Whered u get that math from?

I had us at 3mil with bynum and 20if hes renounced.

Wright and young give us another 10mil in expiring money.

More if kwame opts out.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Whered u get that math from?

I had us at 3mil with bynum and 20if hes renounced.

Wright and young give us another 10mil in expiring money.

More if kwame opts out.

Our team payroll for next season stands at, $46,955,551 And with a League Cap at just over 58 million...and maybe less...well, you do the Math.
    And NO...No way in Hell does Kwame ever Opt-out of a Guaranteed 3 million next season when NO other team in the League even offered him 1 million last off-season.

And 11 million in Cap space AIN'T getting Us ***** in free agency.

vCash
    You guys are ridiculous about Bynum. We took a slight risk. We gave up Iguodala who was on his way out of Philly anyways. He's been playing bad basketball all year anyways. I wish we didn't give up Harkless. It might not pan out, but it's no ones fault

Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast