Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

When u say hedo, u mean howard, right?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    No. No, I mean hedo.

After that they lost what made them good. Then did a bunch of dumb things to compensate for the loss, including trading for him back.

That ultimately led to Howard quitting on them.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Yeah, but they couldnt pay him what he was being offered. They knew he wasnt worth it.... And ultimately they were right.... He wasnt half the player he was when he came back

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    It's not that simple. They just went to finals.
    Breaking up the team ruined the franchise.

He was more valuable for them. By the time he got back it was over.

(Kinda like the eagles and trotter)

You can't get back the lost time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Yeah, i do. And i also do realize that.

Bidding against urself is never a good idea. He needs to play better more consistently to be a 7mil player.

Ill also reiterait that no team has ever gotten in trouble by paying a player what hes worth. Its when u pay them too much based on his potential that u can get in a bad spot.
    He cannot play more consistently in his current role.....at least not the one where he was a spectator in the half court offense for most of the 1st half last night.

And again, the whole consistency thing......you said the same exact thing about Jrue just about one month ago...right before he was extended to a very nice deal in favor of the Sixers at roughly the same dollar amount I suggested.

We have a young player entering his prime that can play point, defend three positions, and create offense in crunch time. If there was any chance whatsoever he might have extended for 7-8 mil/year and the Sixers didn't make an effort to grab him, that is a mistake they might regret.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-25-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    What the Celtics did was tank. There were games when Peirce was on the bench late in the game with the game close. They were so many clear signs of tanking that year with Boston.
    Yeah that was a clear sign of tanking. Also New Jersey mailing in the last 15-20 games in that 12-70 season to try and get enough ping pong balls to grab John Wall. That's another example of obvious tanking that I can remember.

vCash
    GM Is correct hydro. Getting turner locked up at that number soon would be a coupe. And another team most definitely will make a better offer.

vCash
    Well guys, da fuq do we do now? These bigs arent gonna cut it. Al Jefferson doesnt really intrigue me, unless we can pair him with another beast.. How do we get an Al Horford? How do we get picks?? DAMMIT -__-

vCash
    Our big man situation coupled with our traded draft picks is not good.
    1)Dump Kwame for nothing but cap room ASAP
    2)Ask Lavoy to continue to lose a few more lbs...he's come a long way since the beginning of the season...but I do think he's a better overall player at the lighter weight he was at near the end of last season.
    3)Trade Thad for a pick or a starting C.

Those would be my steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

I dont know if anyone would have much interest in absorbing kwame.... Hes played pretty useless for us.

Lavoy will play himself into shape, unless its a diet issue. Hes been playing better recently. I think the bigger issue is that his 15-18foot jumper hasnt been falling the way wed expect.

Thad for a 5...... Im into it, but who? Robin lopez?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Interesting stats I was looking at
    Jrue Holiday is leading the NBA in turnovers (which is terrible) but the sixers are 2nd in fewest turnovers (which is really good).
    Does this mean that Holiday's high turnovers are not that bad because he is holding the ball an inordinate amount of time or is he simply turning the ball over way to much while the rest of the team is picking up the slack?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfan05 View Post
    Interesting stats I was looking at
    Jrue Holiday is leading the NBA in turnovers (which is terrible) but the sixers are 2nd in fewest turnovers (which is really good).
    Does this mean that Holiday's high turnovers are not that bad because he is holding the ball an inordinate amount of time or is he simply turning the ball over way to much while the rest of the team is picking up the slack?
    Speaking only on what ive seen Alot of holidays turnovers are over silly things double dribbles palming charging being forced backcourt and getting striped or just outright losing the handle at times. Rather than bad passes or forcing too much with how well he is passing and scoring im not too worried about the Turnovers. Like i have said in other threads he is in good company with those top T/O players.

That being said its still a legitimate issue.

vCash
    Just when I completely gave up on Evan right at the beginning of the season, he's starting to win me back. Slowly. And slightly. But I like what I'm seeing.

For the first time in his career, he's actually starting to look... dare I say... comfortable out there on the court.

vCash
    I wasnt willing to totally give up on him but that's because my expectations where always on the lower end of the scale to begin with.

vCash
    Also love that we're putting a great record together in close games this year.

Someone can check me on this, but I believe we are now 8-3 in games decided by 10 points or less. And one of those losses was the OT game against OKC. And we are 4-0 in games decided by 6 points or less.

Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast