Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Expiring and first round pick. If you say no to the first rounder, I'd settle for a second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    They were separated not because they can not play together but because la wanted someone to pass the mantle of lakers superstar. Not to mention browns system was stupid. Any magic pair in la right now has to include Kobe, no?
    I know Bynum won't be defending too much of the Chris Bosh's and Blake Griffin's, etc. of the league. He won't be defending Boston's pick and pop with Garnet (at least I hope not). Is Gasol the answer in those matchups? No. It's Lavoy Allen.

Who is the better spread the floor option for Bynum on offense? Gasol or Hawes? It's Hawes. He's drilling open jays from the 3 point line.

Gasol is not some younger energetic role player. He's an offensive cog who needs plenty of touches. Part of the reason Bynum came here was because he wanted the touches. That pair is over. As a combo, despite being twin towers, they are not the most energetic defensive twosome.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    I know Bynum won't be defending too much of the Chris Bosh's and Blake Griffin's, etc. of the league. He won't be defending Boston's pick and pop with Garnet (at least I hope not). Is Gasol the answer in those matchups? No. It's Lavoy Allen.

Who is the better spread the floor option for Bynum on offense? Gasol or Hawes? It's Hawes. He's drilling open jays from the 3 point line.

Gasol is not some younger energetic role player. He's an offensive cog who needs plenty of touches. Part of the reason Bynum came here was because he wanted the touches. That pair is over. As a combo, despite being twin towers, they are not the most energetic defensive twosome.
    Lavoy isn't ready. Seriously. Dude clearly has other things on his mind with all the big life changing events as of late. We can use vets that know how to win. Gasol would only be a place holder but the wisdom he could impart to his would-be teammates would be invaluable. Teams need a guy that when his team is in a jam can say, "I'll show y'all what to do." Gasol can be that. Isn't his contract nearly up?

Lavoy right now my be the least productive member of the regular rotation. He could use some help, advice from a guy who's done it before.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Gasol has 1 more year at about 19 mil after this one. He'd def be a nice luxury while Bynum is out...or when he's on the bench. Does it make us better? Not sure. I'm not convinced Gasol is the offensive cog he once was. He averaged 12.5 points on 43% shooting while barely getting to the line in the post season. I could be wrong. But as much as I'd love to get rid of Thad's contract, I don't make that trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Gasol has 1 more year at about 19 mil after this one. He'd def be a nice luxury while Bynum is out...or when he's on the bench. Does it make us better? Not sure. I'm not convinced Gasol is the offensive cog he once was. He averaged 12.5 points on 43% shooting while barely getting to the line in the post season. I could be wrong. But as much as I'd love to get rid of Thad's contract, I don't make that trade.
    Don't be like that gm. Don't quote arbitrary stats you don't believe in. You wouldn't do that when it comes to brand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Don't be like that gm. Don't quote arbitrary stats you don't believe in. You wouldn't do that when it comes to brand.
    Except Brand is a role playing JYD on defense. That doesn't exactly fit Gasol's description....to put it nicely. Not saying Gasol isn't still a decent player. He's just not the player we need with Bynum on the roster....especially if the cost is Thad/Hawes....and assuming Bynum actually plays.

vCash
    I love how Thad's playing. I've always been an advocate. However I don't see it as a "cost".
    Ultimately, we're going to add a front court mate for Bynum. Gasol a contract ends same time as Hawes. I don't see us going to the finals as constructed between now and then. I'd rather have a guys with the know how to win playi g with my young point guard than having to young front court bench players. Just my preference. I also think its easier to place compliments around jrue gasol and Bynum then the alternative and just replace gasol with a quality 4 with the eventual cap space we gain. I mean that's just my approach.

vCash
    gasol is just such a better player than hawes and thad.... better defense in the playoffs as well. and i really like what hawes has been doing this year.

the role will obvously have to be different than it was in LA.... it can work here.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I spoke about a Turner for Derozan swap earlier

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3978/demar-derozan

some stats..I know his team sucks but he would give us a somewhat consistant wing scorer.

Turner and Kwame for Derozan

Then trade Nick Young for Corey Brewer to get more D

C. Bynum/Lavoy
    F. Hawes/Thad/Moultrie
    F. Wright/Brewer/Wilkens
    G. Derozan/JRich
    G. Holiday/Ivey/Wayns

Thats about as well rounded of a team your going to find.
    Has size and shooting from the 3. (Brewer and Wright are 6'9) Obviously you have great size up front. Still bosts a deep bench. Derozan has great slashing ability and can get to the rim/line at will, I really like him as a 3rd option think he would flourish in that role.

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Not trading for derozen after he signed that insane contract.....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    How exactly is it insane, at first I thought it was a mistake but looking at it 4yr 40million deal. Basically 10mill a yr for a 20ppg, 5 rebs.

vCash
    DeRozan is a third option now and he is no good. Rather have ET espcially when you take into account their deals

vCash
    I'm with Hydro. Not a fan of Derozan's all around game. To me, he's not much more than a flashy high-flier on a bad team who helps sell tickets. I don't want him on this team, with his contract on top of Jrue's and Bynum's already.

Nick Young for Corey Brewer though, I'm very intrigued.

vCash
    How is 20ppg, 5 rebs no good. He's showing he improved alot this summer. And he was forced to be the #1 option all last yr with Barganani out playing alongside scrubs like R.Butler and Aaron Gray. I'm not saying he's Vince Carter, but If anything its his team more than Bargs now.
    Gives us a much better scoring punch than ET
    Last edited by LongLiveIverson; 11-14-2012 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    he is not going to be a consistent 20 point scorer and far from it if he was here. Also why would Toronto want to trade after they just resigned him?
    Last edited by 2-ONE-5; 11-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast