Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pretty sure Utah would love to get rid of him for pretty much nothing, and the only reason he's still on the books is that they couldn't agree to buyout terms, if I remember rightly.

I think we could get him for one of those top-55 protected second rounders that never come to fruition - ie we could get him for nothing - but the reason we haven't (and nobody else has either) is that he isn't worth it.

vCash
    Vucs better
    yeah, i think collins really screwed that up. i think vucevic showed the ability to do a lot of good things, and he just never got the kind of extended run where he could have settled in and sunk his teeth into the starting lineup.

i think collins worst move last year was, when the team started going south in february, he tightened the rotation, put tony battie in the starting lineup, and really cut the legs out from under turner, vucevic, and allen (though admittedly, at the time i was not all that upset about allen being held back). anytime one of them would have a defensive lapse or turn the ball over, they'd get taken out of the game, and none of them excelled in that environment.

i'm actually seeing some the same things with moultrie and wayns, but at least in that case, hawes and ivey are playing very well off the bench.

vCash
    ^why does this guy post like this?

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

With dantoni now coaching LA, im watching first take, and steven A is saying that gasol will end up on the block cause he doesnt fit the system.

Anyone think thad is a good fit in that system? If gasol ends up on the block cause he doesnt play dantoni ball, is there a trade for us there? Could we steal a former LAL championship frontcourt?

Off the top of my head, im thinking thad and hawes for gasol.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    We have already seen that a Bynum/Gasol front court no longer wins you a championship. So no. Also, with Jrue/Hawes doing so well working the two man game, I'm hesitant to move Hawes. This is the 1st season I've been able to see Hawes' biceps and triceps. He's more valuable as a 6th man than even Lou or Thad have ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

I see ur 2nd point. And am inclined to agree 100% im loving hawes this year as well.

Disagree the 1st.... Gasol and bynum won a championship as early as 3 years ago, and bynum is better now than he was, with little detriment to gasols game over that time.

That team won and lost around an aging kobe, whos not half the defensive player he was 5 years ago. I doubt the bigs has anywhere close to do with the playoff losses as kobe.... Who just isnt the same kobe from a few years ago. Also, lack of depth and no pg has hurt them in a big way.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I see ur 2nd point. And am inclined to agree 100% im loving hawes this year as well.

Disagree the 1st.... Gasol and bynum won a championship as early as 3 years ago, and bynum is better now than he was, with little detriment to gasols game over that time.

That team won and lost around an aging kobe, whos not half the defensive player he was 5 years ago. I doubt the bigs has anywhere close to do with the playoff losses as kobe.... Who just isnt the same kobe from a few years ago. Also, lack of depth and no pg has hurt them in a big way.
    Chemistry my man....chemistry. When they won those championships, Bynum was their athletic and physical role playing big. He's a better low post scorer now. But Bynum is not the quick and athletic role player he was back then. He might be more of an offensive centerpiece now. But that's not what Gasol really needed next to him to win a championship. That pair is not the same anymore. The Denver bigs ran circles around them for dunks in the playoffs. And if either of them aren't camped out in front of the rim, they aren't very good defensively.

They are no longer the pair they once were. Trading for Gasol would be a mistake.

With a D'antonio system, the Lakers should be licking their chops at a Thad/Hawes trade for Gasol. Thad would score in bunches and Hawes would spread the floor while Superman patrols the paint.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    We have already seen that a Bynum/Gasol front court no longer wins you a championship. So no. Also, with Jrue/Hawes doing so well working the two man game, I'm hesitant to move Hawes. This is the 1st season I've been able to see Hawes' biceps and triceps. He's more valuable as a 6th man than even Lou or Thad have ever been.
    I don't get the first sentence. Or the rest of it for that matter. Hawes is pretty mediocre. Imagine gasol in this system.

Saying Bynum and gasol isn't a contending front court makes me scratch my head.

I think we have to pursue it. HAVE TO. If we were to do it I'd look into what it would take Kenyon Martin as our 4th big.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bchydro86 View Post
    with dantoni now coaching la, im watching first take, and steven a is saying that gasol will end up on the block cause he doesnt fit the system.

Anyone think thad is a good fit in that system? If gasol ends up on the block cause he doesnt play dantoni ball, is there a trade for us there? Could we steal a former lal championship frontcourt?

off the top of my head, im thinking thad and hawes for gasol.
    i would do this deal in a heart beat!!! Gasol is a baller..instant consistent offfense....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash

Wannabe, ill throw another counterpoint ur way....

In the LA offense that u say cant win a title, bynum was a 3rd option.... Like u said, his build and improvement in his game would make him the interior go-to guy, with gasol being a 3rd option behind holiday..... The offense would look almost completely different than it did in LA with the same 2 players.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    When they won titles in L.A., Bynum was playing between 18 and 25 minutes per game in the finals depending on the series....averaged single digit points and rebounds.

He was a role player. Gasol was the lead front court big man. Odom was the more mobile jack of all trades and 6th man offense off the bench.

Now Bynum is the lead front court big man. That's why he came here. Gasol doesn't provide any role we currently need with Bynum on the roster and Lavoy/Hawes as the supporting rotation Bigs. They were just separated for crying out loud. That wouldn't have happened if they were the magical pair many think them to be at this stage in their careers.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.

vCash
    What can the hornets give you in exchange for Evan Turner?

vCash

Nothing ud be willing to give up.

The rest we dont want

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    When they won titles in L.A., Bynum was playing between 18 and 25 minutes per game in the finals depending on the series....averaged single digit points and rebounds.

He was a role player. Gasol was the lead front court big man. Odom was the more mobile jack of all trades and 6th man offense off the bench.

Now Bynum is the lead front court big man. That's why he came here. Gasol doesn't provide any role we currently need with Bynum on the roster and Lavoy/Hawes as the supporting rotation Bigs. They were just separated for crying out loud. That wouldn't have happened if they were the magical pair many think them to be at this stage in their careers.
    They were separated not because they can not play together but because la wanted someone to pass the mantle of lakers superstar. Not to mention browns system was stupid. Any magic pair in la right now has to include Kobe, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ddiiee View Post
    What can the hornets give you in exchange for Evan Turner?
    Give us gordon and take Richardson.

Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast