Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    2 days ago...

And of course he has a say on trades.
    having my back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Our team payroll for next season stands at, $46,955,551 And with a League Cap at just over 58 million...and maybe less...well, you do the Math.
    And NO...No way in Hell does Kwame ever Opt-out of a Guaranteed 3 million next season when NO other team in the League even offered him 1 million last off-season.

And 11 million in Cap space AIN'T getting Us ***** in free agency.
    Plus the 10 from nick young and wrights expiring contract.....21 mil..... I'll take that anyday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themooseman13 View Post
    Plus the 10 from nick young and wrights expiring contract.....21 mil..... I'll take that anyday

Again, try reading my post again ****. Our Cap number for NEXT SEASON is at 47 million...that's already without Nick Young or Wright's salaries !So that is 11 million total TOPS..and likely less then that. It is nowhere NEAR 20 million.********.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-08-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: STOP the insults!

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

My number was wrong, i checked hoopshype.

Sorry for not taking u at ur word, but when u say things, often, without any basis in reality, its hard to take ur facts seriously.

Such as moultries 45inch vert and deng being a bad defender.

Thats a shame. That we dont have the cap room i thought. If kwame opts out its closer to 14mil, and if we trade spencer for an expiring or include him in a sign and trade ( or just a trade)we can get close to 18mil..... Just spitballing ideas.

Or a sign and trade bynum..... Im sure theres more than a few teams that would go for it.

Just ideas

Obviously bynum playing is the best case scenario.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    thad will have value if he keeps showing energy when he is on the court...that contract could be a cost-saver right there as well...

vCash

I like thad right now....... 230lbs look good on him

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    It's ok to like Thad. He's playing his best all around ball. But unless you are interested in another 10 year plan of mediocrity, Thad has to go.

Sell high:
    1) Some of you are acting like this is the 1st time you've ever seen Thad with a little size on him. Two years ago he was about the same size. As a result, he wasn't as putrid in the post season against miami as he was last year against Chicago/Boston. But he wasn't 3rd best player on a contender type of good....which is his pay range, arguably. And he will always be 6'7'' and thin, so his value diminishes in the post season compared to the regular season. ET is a more valuable post season piece. If one of them is to get 3rd best player money, it should be him over Thad.
    2) JRich turns 32 in January. He's under contract for two more years. Some of you are reluctant to move him because he's played well and is a vet presence. Even if Bynum plays and we sign him, I'd rather have the cap room than assume JRich will be as good at 33 and 34 as he is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    It's ok to like Thad. He's playing his best all around ball. But unless you are interested in another 10 year plan of mediocrity, Thad has to go.

Sell high:
    1) Some of you are acting like this is the 1st time you've ever seen Thad with a little size on him. Two years ago he was about the same size. As a result, he wasn't as putrid in the post season against miami as he was last year against Chicago/Boston. But he wasn't 3rd best player on a contender type of good....which is his pay range, arguably. And he will always be 6'7'' and thin, so his value diminishes in the post season compared to the regular season. ET is a more valuable post season piece. If one of them is to get 3rd best player money, it should be him over Thad.
    2) JRich turns 32 in January. He's under contract for two more years. Some of you are reluctant to move him because he's played well and is a vet presence. Even if Bynum plays and we sign him, I'd rather have the cap room than assume JRich will be as good at 33 and 34 as he is now.
    I disagree here.

Thad can be the 4th best player on a contending team if that contending team has a presence like Andrew Bynum
    you make it sound like Thads contract is going to get in the way of Turner somehow but IMO its totally unrelated.
    while it is true that moving Thad would be nice we dont NEED to move him at all.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Look at the cap outlook:

Bynum maybe 20 mil/year
    Jure 11+mil/year
    ET about 7 mil next year but will likely approach 10 mil on extenstion

That's your 1-2-3 core. 40 million of cap. Add Thad's contract to that, and you are looking at 50 million.

While a healthy Bynum is good. I'm of the opinion that we will likely need another impact player of some sort in order to contend. It will probably cost in the neighborhood of Thad's contract. We've seen Thad against contender quality front courts. He does not appear to be that player.

vCash

If bynum plays, and is healthy, the cap doesnt matter so much. I dont think wed be a tax team with bynum, holiday, turner, and thad.... Thats a great core.... The rest should be filled by inexpensive role players..... Like how every other contender does it.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    The word, "great", gets thrown around a bit much.

We don't know yet if Bynum can win titles as the 1st banana. We also don't know if he'll be healthy enough to be at the top of his game in the post season for each year of his contract. We need to have the cap flexibility to add a 4th piece that has more post season value than Thad. With both Jrue and Bynum on board, someone talented will definitely think twice about coming on board.

Against Miami, Chicago, New York.....Thad is a backup in the post season.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 12-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.

vCash

^ at the same time, we dont have an upgrade on our bench for those teams unless lavoy turns it around..... And he cant guard melo at the 4.

And if bynum cant win titles as a 1st banana, we have bigger problems than thad young to worry about....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Against Chicago and Miami in the post season, Lavoy is an upgrade to Thad in the starting lineup. And there is no reason yet to assume Bynum can win a championship as a 1st banana. He can obviously be an impact Big. So yes, we should plan on potentially needing an upgrade somewhere to that Thad/Bynum/ET/Jrue foursome.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 12-10-2012 at 12:25 PM.

vCash

I like that foursome.... I just wanna see it

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    The word, "great", gets thrown around a bit much.

We don't know yet if Bynum can win titles as the 1st banana. We also don't know if he'll be healthy enough to be at the top of his game in the post season for each year of his contract. We need to have the cap flexibility to add a 4th piece that has more post season value than Thad. With both Jrue and Bynum on board, someone talented will definitely think twice about coming on board.

Against Miami, Chicago, New York.....Thad is a backup in the post season.
    As I explained in preseason, Bynum won't be top banana. He will share the #1 spot with jrue, eg Collins gives ball to jrue n says make something happen. Jrue sometime will dump ball in to Bynum and say make some thing happen.
    Jrue is 1. Bynum 1a.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast