Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Andrew bynum is still a sixer in my universe. And if hes not, we have bigger issues than trading for a half decent center.

Just food for thought.
    This. I've tried not to think about it too much, but if Bynum doesn't come back our best bet is almost certainly going to be tearing it down completely and starting again around Jrue and the draft. Trying to go forward with a Gortat or really any combination of our current Thad/Spencer/whatever would be fighting just to get back to the mediocrity we've been hating on for years. We'll need some championship calibre bigs, and unless anyone has great FA ideas, we're going to be best in the long run tearing it down. It's a good thing Jrue's only 22 and we have him on a fresh contract.
    If that's the case, well I guess Gortat for Thad works because he probably has just as much trade value and is on a shorter contract, but it's still nothing to get excited about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    If Bynum is still legitimately in the plans....then yes BHolly I agree Kwame has to go in any Gortat trade. Even if he isn't, dumping Kwame in the trade might be wise for fear he exercises his option to stay with the Sixers.

I too hate seeing Kwame start. He's been highly useful in only one game so far this season. And Gortat could have provided the same low post defense in that game...while being better at everything else.
    That was tennisoscar. Confusing, I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    This. I've tried not to think about it too much, but if Bynum doesn't come back our best bet is almost certainly going to be tearing it down completely and starting again around Jrue and the draft. Trying to go forward with a Gortat or really any combination of our current Thad/Spencer/whatever would be fighting just to get back to the mediocrity we've been hating on for years. We'll need some championship calibre bigs, and unless anyone has great FA ideas, we're going to be best in the long run tearing it down. It's a good thing Jrue's only 22 and we have him on a fresh contract.
    If that's the case, well I guess Gortat for Thad works because he probably has just as much trade value and is on a shorter contract, but it's still nothing to get excited about.
    This.
    I still really wanna get some good 2013 or 14 picks though.. I think we have to start developing another great young talent soon, cause all we really have is Jrue and Bynum. Bynum likely wont ever be GTG for a full season, and who knows how the knees will hold up with age and for deep playoff runs.. The FA's arent all that great either. We need another star, and to develop another young stud if we wanna out of mediocrity IMO.

vCash
    What are chances we get Jabari Parker in 2014 draft?

I'm tired of this mediocrity.

vCash
    we wont get an impact player in the draft unless we suck this season.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    looking ahead to next summer tho.... (i almost made a thread about this, but since its not even close to the all-star break even, i thought this was more appropriate).

im still assuming bynum plays for us, but lets just pretend that he doesnt play this year.... obviously, extending him is out of the question (although im sure a team out there will offer him the max anyway).

my question is.... what do the sixers do with roughly 20mil of cap room. im thinking OJ mayo and al jefferson. jefferson is an improved defender, would be able to play the 4 next to hawes....

wed have to get a salary dump for thad to make this work (hopefully a 1st rd pick, hes playing good, should have value).

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    looking ahead to next summer tho.... (i almost made a thread about this, but since its not even close to the all-star break even, i thought this was more appropriate).

im still assuming bynum plays for us, but lets just pretend that he doesnt play this year.... obviously, extending him is out of the question (although im sure a team out there will offer him the max anyway).

my question is.... what do the sixers do with roughly 20mil of cap room. im thinking OJ mayo and al jefferson. jefferson is an improved defender, would be able to play the 4 next to hawes....

wed have to get a salary dump for thad to make this work (hopefully a 1st rd pick, hes playing good, should have value).
    what do i THINK we will do? Blow it on bynum what we should do is another story

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

What should we do? Lol.

I actually dont think theyd blow it on bynum. Unless he plays and his knees look ok.... If bynum plays the last month, pulls us to the ecf, then hes extended for 5 years at the max, i dont care about the knees at all.

If he doesnt play tho, thats a whole new world... I dont believe the sixers pay him because i think the MAVS or SUNS will max him out after missing out on howard. And i honestly dont think philly matches.

I dont think the sixers can get bad enough to be a top 10 lotto team, but if they have 20 mil in cap room what do they do? And if they can move thad for say an expiring and a 1st (maybe a late lotto pick?) what would YOU do with 28mil in cap space?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Outside of the Josh smith pipe dream?
    Nothing id wait it out until next season not this one

but assuming we could go for whoever
    my wishlist assuming Fair market value would be
    1.smith
    2.Ariza
    3.Milsap
    4.Gordon (ben)
    5. Robinson

Id love somthing like

Jrue Gordon Turner Smith Hawes
    Or
    Jrue Turner Smith Milsap Hawes

eather of those 2 line ups sound nice and Nate and Ariza are just ideas for the bench
    But honesty id rather just sit on the cap space for a year because nothing looks that appealing this year

vCash

I dont like any of that. Lol

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Thats why i said we should just sit on the space for a bit nothing we do in FA makes this team contend..

vCash

Maybe, but josh smith.... Cmon.... Do u really want a 6'9 guy who knowingly takes shots he cant hit.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Maybe, but josh smith.... Cmon.... Do u really want a 6'9 guy who knowingly takes shots he cant hit.
    Hes Too good on the Defensive end not to want him.
    But to be honest id feel alot better about him if he played the 3

vCash

Al jefferson is better, and his defense isnt as bad these days as his reputation would say

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Al jefferson is better, and his defense isnt as bad these days as his reputation would say
    hes too old I don't want to take on anyone in or nearing there 30s and Definitely not if they are a big dont u think we have had enough of that? knowing our luck he will get hurt and never be the same player

Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast