Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, Mayo isn't that good. He is just really hot from the field right now. His FT rate has increased too, but I want to see if that is sustainable. He has limited play-making ability based on his past production and i don't see why that would change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I haven't watched Mayo this season, so I'l defer to you guys, but I want to see what he looks like when his numbers come back to earth (we aren't pretending his .490 from the field and .590 from three are sustainable, right?) before deciding he's a top 5 SG.

Even if he has taken a meaningful leap, the only way we could afford him is if Bynum isn't coming back, in which case I'm not entirely sure what our chances are or what the point is.
    Agreed. Mayo's shooting 60% from downtown so far this year. Which is good for him, but it's completely ridiculous. Let's wait till he comes back down to earth to see where he settles in before we anoint him top-tier SG status. You can't ignore what he's done throughout the past two seasons, which has been completely mediocre and nothing more.

vCash
    To sum up Mayo's mediocrity before this year's run, his stats from last year:

12.6ppg on 11.2 FGA, .408 FG%, .364 3FG%, 0.23 FTR, 3.2 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.1 SPG, 1.9 TO, .094 WS/48

And here's ET this year:
    11.5ppg on 10.3 FGA, .408 FG%, .455 3FG%, 0.33FTR, 7.4 RPG, 4.0 APG, 0.7 SPG, 2.0 TO, .097 WS/48

It's a dumb comparison in that it ignores how small ET's sample size is (and that he could fall back off just like Mayo could), and doesn't include how much more of Mayo's FGAs were threes, nor that ET played more minutes, but I thought it was interesting how similar some of those numbers were.
    The point is that up until this current run Mayo was no better than ET is looking right now, and people are lower on ET than ever - so I want to see Mayo sustain it a bit longer before believing he's a top SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Mayo is bigger, a better ball handler, more versatile playmaker.

Whos the more explosive athlete?

Also, gordon hasnt played in over a full season, and wasnt too inpressive in the few games he did play in 2011.

Id be curious to see who shoots the ball better when gordon comes back

Ill take mayo.
    I dunno man.. I think you getting them mixed up. They about the same size, but Gordon is way longer, broader and explosive than Mayo. Mayo is hardly explosive IMO and has T Rex arms compared to EJ. Gordons also an exceptional ball handler and can score from anywhere, in pretty much any way and when you need em most. The man gets buckets! Last yr when he came back from injury, I remember he had couple game winners and 25+ point nights. From what I've seen in the past, Gordon is more consistent than Mayo. Lets see if Mayo can sustain good #'s given these starters mins, I've hardy watched him this yr..

$h!t I wish we could get him right now! Having EJ out till Dec ish and Bynum possibly all season will mean we get a lottery pick! I think we definitely need one from the 13 or 14 draft. Can't really count on Bynum's knees, even after re signed.. and the FA's arent too great either.
    Last edited by Airevo76; 11-19-2012 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Back to the Gasol for Thad/Hawes suggestion. No. I already made the point about how I feel the Hawes/Lavoy/Thad combo is a better compliment to Bynum in my opinion than Gasol. I know I don't have a crystal ball, and could be wrong. But I do have a rewind button. And Gasol/Bynum weren't all that exceptional of a post season pair last year.

Would Gasol for Thad/HAwes make us bettter with no Bynum here? Probably. But enough so that it's worth clogging both our cap and our potential trade possibilities (because Gasol is difficult to move)? No. We are still trying to build a contender. Adding an aging highly paid Gasol to our payroll doesn't help with our trade/FA possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    with no one knowing whats going on with bynum, I think we need to make a move for the frontcourt.

one name that comes to mind is gortat. he seems to be on his way out of suns.

he has 2 years left on his contract making about 7 mill per year and would be a great pickup. what would it take to get him?

If bynum comes back and shows promise and we resign him than Gortat will be an expiring next year, along with brown, hawes and turner.

vCash
    I'd maybe do Thad for Gortat....shorter years on the contract and it improves-our Bynum-less front court. Gortat starting at C with Hawes off the bench and a smattering of Lavoy is definitely an above average C rotation....with three tradeable pieces for trades/FA.

Thad's mobility helps us get 3's in transition. So, I'd want Lavoy to shed a few more lbs and run the court hard on the slow break to help maintain that as part of our offensive attack. A smattering of Wright at undersized PF most nights in order to help maintain the transition 3 attack might also be acceptable.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.

vCash
    I know Gortat would be a good upgrade for now, but what happens when Bynum comes back? Gortat has some decent range for a big guy, but definitely too slow for the 4. We would need to at least get rid of Kwame..ugh I hate him.

vCash
    If Bynum is still legitimately in the plans....then yes BHolly I agree Kwame has to go in any Gortat trade. Even if he isn't, dumping Kwame in the trade might be wise for fear he exercises his option to stay with the Sixers.

I too hate seeing Kwame start. He's been highly useful in only one game so far this season. And Gortat could have provided the same low post defense in that game...while being better at everything else.

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Id rather trade for a wing scorer than a center.

Kwame played fine defense when hes gotten time, and he hasnt hurt us offensively. He always looks to pass especially if hes crowded in the paint. I like what hawes is doing, and when bynum comes back i doubt gortat will be pleased back in his same role he had in orlando.

Plus gortats salary will be harder to move than kwames....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    if Bynum is goin to miss the season a move for a C has to be made

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 25 Yards: 429 TD: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Id rather trade for a wing scorer than a center.

Kwame played fine defense when hes gotten time, and he hasnt hurt us offensively. He always looks to pass especially if hes crowded in the paint. I like what hawes is doing, and when bynum comes back i doubt gortat will be pleased back in his same role he had in orlando.

Plus gortats salary will be harder to move than kwames....
    While I agree about Gortat making much more sense in a Bynum-less world, I have to disagree with most of the positive stuff you stated about Kwame. Even his defense at the outset of the game has not been terribly good.

Also, long term, I am starting to think the possibility of a Bynum-less world becomes more likely with each passing bolwing fra...uh day.

vCash
    If we play against the Utah Jazz 82 times per season, I might change my mind on Kwame's value as a role player, but the league doesn't really play a ton through the low post at the 5 position anymore. And since low post defense is the absolute only thing on this planet that Kwame can do to an above average limit....

vCash

Official 2012-13 Trade / Roster Discussion Thread Pt 1.

Andrew bynum is still a sixer in my universe. And if hes not, we have bigger issues than trading for a half decent center.

Just food for thought.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Even if in your universe Bynum is still in the long term plans, I guess Bymum's health might then necessitate putting more money into the backup C position than normal.

Maybe a Gortat move might not be so bad considering he's going to likely start a significant chunk of the season....especially if the only cost is Thad.

Acquiring the ideal wing scorer for this team at the right cost might be less attainable than a starting C....and potentially less impactful. Wouldn't it be nice if our starting C could get defensive boards, defend the low post, finish near the rim, and actually walk and chew gum? All of our guys in the C rotation currently can only do some of those things. If Gasol cost Gortat-type cap room, I'd be more agreeable to acquiring him for the same reasons.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-20-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast