Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Mets Catcher (Offseason Priority Poll)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Laird (DET)

0 0%
  • Russell Martin (NYY)

6 22.22%
  • Miguel Olivo (SEA)

2 7.41%
  • David Ross (ATL)

7 25.93%
  • Josh Thole (NYM)

4 14.81%
  • Kelly Shoppach (BOS/NYM)

9 33.33%
  • JP Arrencibia (TOR)

8 29.63%
  • Martin Maldonado (MIL)

1 3.70%
  • Hank Conger (LAA)

0 0%
  • Other (if so list who)

5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mets 2013 Catcher(s)

Which of the following catchers do you think the Mets ought to have in 2013

Sandy Alderson is on record saying he wants to make the position "championship caliber."

SINCE THE METS CARRY 2 CATCHERS, PLEASE VOTE 2 TIMES.
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-31-2012 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Ross, Hundley or Arencibia.

I would bring back Shoppach as a backup to any of those 3.

vCash
    Old article but here http://www.amateurgm.com/potential-f...chers-for-2013
    I wouldn't mind Pierzynski, love his grit. it would allow us to continue to develop Kevin Plawecki for the future

vCash
    I listed Shoppach and Ross as my top two targets. Both of these catchers if used in a platoon with one another would be light years better than what we had this year. (Ross would get more playing time than Shoppach) I fully expect Shoppach and Ross to be in contention for starting jobs/backup jobs elsewhere, but I like to shoot for the best and they are my favorite, most reasonable and logical targets on the free agent market. (Not saying they are better than Martin, Napoli, or Pierzynski..) but they make sense given our 2013 payroll restrictions.

Trades are hard to predict but Arrencibia would be my favorite.

Nick Hundley to me is fine as well but if we are making a trade I want JP

Miguel Olivo was linked to the Mets ... eh

I'd rather go after defense in Gerald Laird if thats the case. He has been to the WS two straight times under Yadier Molina and Alex Avila and is an amazing defender.

Mets have a lot of catching options... so long as its not Thole/Nickeas again. We need new blood behind the plate..
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-31-2012 at 12:23 AM.

vCash
    Pierzynski and Shoppach.

vCash
    Either Ross or Shoppach. I wouldn't mind Arencibia, but we'd have to get him really cheaply for me to want him...I'm talking like Colin McHugh cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Pierzynski and Shoppach.
    If the Mets could afford Pierzynski and pull him away from the White Sox I'd be all for it.

He talked during the World Series on Fox pre and post game. He seems to know his stuff too which doesn't hurt when you need someone commanding the pitching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    If the Mets could afford Pierzynski and pull him away from the White Sox I'd be all for it.

He talked during the World Series on Fox pre and post game. He seems to know his stuff too which doesn't hurt when you need someone commanding the pitching staff.
    Mhm, both would complement each other too. He can hit the righties and then put Shop in against the lefties. It would be perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Mhm, both would complement each other too. He can hit the righties and then put Shop in against the lefties. It would be perfect.
    We sort of have that now with Josh Thole as the lefty and Shoppach as the righty but Thole proved to be just terrible with the bat last year. So..

A veteran like AJ would help. Hopefully he's not out of the Mets price range (which sadly I think he is)

vCash
    I would prefer Arencibia or Maldonado, two guys who could help the Mets now and even more in the future and who shouldn't be extremely hard to get.

vCash
    I really believed in Thole, but he regressed far to much this year, was a real disappointment.

vCash
    Although i like AJ, he's gonna command too much money coming off a career year.

He won't get a lot of years at 36 but the Mets don't really need another LH bat.

I would still see him getting 2yrs/12 million or 14 million, that's way too rich for the Mets blood especially for a guy whose bat could disappear tomorrow at that age.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-31-2012 at 02:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Either Ross or Shoppach. I wouldn't mind Arencibia, but we'd have to get him really cheaply for me to want him...I'm talking like Colin McHugh cheap.
    Lol gtfo no way do they just give him up.

vCash
    I think it would be easier for us to get AJ instead of JP but who knows... i'll take anyone you listed on there over Thole.

vCash

AJ Pier no waay!!!!

I would not touch Pierzynski with a 10 foot pole. He was voted on by MLB ballplayers as"MLB's most hated player". He has reportedly called his pitchers *****es for throwing breaking balls and treats guys with less than 4 years of experience like dirt. On a young team like the Mets, I wouldn't want an ego-driven maniac like that.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...hated-player/1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast