Official: 2012-13 Sixers resources, rankings, ratings, and other punditry

Oh, i missed that. Nevermind

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Stephen jackson and trevor ariza are guys we could look at

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    First all-star ballots are in, and Jrue is currently 10th amongst backcourt players.

That puts him behind names like Jason Terry, Raymond Felton, and Ray Allen.

vCash

He was never going to get voted in as a starter, so it doesn mattet

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Pretty funny that he's behind Terry and Allen, though. Felton isn't a surprise (although Holiday should be ahead of him).

vCash

Felton has nyc voting for him.....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    That's why it isn't a surprise.

vCash
    Thought this might be worth sharing... An optimistic look from Marshall Harris

FWIW - I really don't think much of Marshall Harris, and I don't really care what his opinion of the Sixers is. The best point here is the upcoming schedule seems to get a lot easier than what we just went through. Maybe we can get back in the playoff picture with some solid play over the next few weeks. And then if "you know who" could potentially come back some time after that, you never know...

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...277&feedID=704

So the Sixers are in trouble ... 15-20 and sitting 2.5 games back of Milwaukee and Boston for the eighth and final playoff seed in the East. But let me give you the top three reasons to be optimistic about this team going forward.

1. As the schedule turns

Playing 10 of the last 11 games on the road didn't go over so well, with the Sixers grabbing wins over just the Hawks, Grizzlies and Lakers. They started that stretch at .500 and now they're five games under. But 13 of the NEXT 15 are at the Wells Fargo Center and include games against the likes of the Raptors (twice), Hornets, Kings, Wizards and Bobcats. Because of the Sixers' inconsistency, none of these games are gimmes. But it's a lot less daunting than that wild, wild west roadie they just limped home from.

2. 'The Unspoken'

I refuse to say his name until he returns to practice. But yesterday the wanna-be double for A Pimp named Slickback said he is coming back at some point, as he explained his long walks on the treadmill have gone off without a hitch and he hopes to run soon. So if and when the Sixers do get their presumed starting center for the first time, things will instantly get better. How much better? That, I'm not so sure about.

3. The Bucks stop here

Scott Skiles is out in Milwaukee, and as we look at the standings, there's really only one direction for this team to head with hot and cold guards Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis running the show. Skiles seemingly had this group overachieving, but there's a good chance within a few weeks this current .500 team will have a handful more losses than wins. Even if the Sixers play only .500 ball themselves, the Bucks are likely headed to join them. That makes the No. 8 seed much more accessible. The question is, do you want to see the Sixers play Miami in the first round (again)? With a healthy Bynum, why not? Otherwise, another lottery pick is in order.

vCash
    Here's a good 5+ minute TrueHoop conversation with Jrue that I just came across. Pretty vanilla, but stil some good stuff. Worth watching for Jrue fans:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=883...goryid=2459788
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 01-14-2013 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    this may or may not be an actual andrew bynum quote:

"There's a reason why these sixers are the worst in franchise history... Hope. Every fan who bought tickets this season has looked at my potential and imagined this team winning a championship. So easy... So simple... And like Andy Reid turning to Todd Bowles from sheer desperation, many have been fired trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize the sixers, i will feed them hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe I will play so that I can watch them clamoring over each other to 'stay in the sun.' Tony Dileo can watch me torture an entire city and when he has truly understood the depth of his failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny... We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die."

vCash
    ^Lol.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678