Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 116
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,611
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ it wouldnt have played out like that.... ud still have iggy bringing the ball up 1/3 of the time.

    and evan wouldnt even be a 4th quarter/ end of game option offensively, ud likely never see evan running the point either.

    iggy being gone did more than give us bynum. its allowed jrue and thad to break out (scoring wise) and ET to show us hes a real NBA player.

    we are better offensively without iggy.....


    gotta pay the troll toll

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    I can see where you are coming from, but I think you have it wrong. Evan ran some point last year even with both Lou and Iggy on the roster. In the 1st half of games he might not be running much more point this year than he did last year, in fact. The biggest difference for ET this year is not Iguodala's absense. It's the absence of two other things...Lou and the constant high post madness we saw last season.

    When ET 1st got into the starting lineup later in the season, he flourished next to Iguodala. It wasn't until Hawes returned from injury (along with the high post) that ET went back to being a catch and shoot spectator again. Iggy even was willing to defer most of his 4th quarter playmaking opps to the youngin's. But there was this guy named Lou chucking it up, and this coach named Doug Collins that hindered ET's production way more than Iguodala ever did.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,653
    vCash
    1500
    I think the half court offense is better off w/o Iggy. Agreed with what Hydro says. Not a slight to Iggy, it's more about the other players we have being more involved without him.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    Our half court offense for much of this season was really bad....without Iggy. And I'm not just talking about the half court offense....there is the break and the defense to consider as well. Iggy is scoring more points in Denver while dominating the ball less than he did here. You guys also aren't considering that 1) we didn't have the off the ball shooters last year, and 2) it was more the offense Collins chose to run than what Iggy chose to do in it.

    Edit: Iggy is a whiny ***** at times. But he's coachable. If ET and Jrue are able to do more, it's should not be because Iggy is gone. Iggy doesn't have to be a 5-6 assist guy to be effective. The ball can be in other people's hands for most of the game, and he'd still have an impact.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-29-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,653
    vCash
    1500
    Defensively, yeah we're obviously better off with Iggy on the team. But offensively we have 2+ years of evidence of Iggy playing alongside Jrue and ET that shows it doesn't work and that the two kids are much more effective without him. Iggy doesn't have to "dominate" the ball to be effective, correct. But he did here, much more than he should have.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,611
    vCash
    1500
    i just dont see it working, ill defer to my first comment on the subject on how i believe this would have played out.

    i will, however, add that ideally with a holiday, turner, iggy lineup could work, but ud have to see iggy take almost a complete off the ball role in the half court offense.... only taking up the ball in the open court. and you know collins wouldnt take iggy out of the offense like that in favor of turner... and iggy wouldnt go for that either.

    yes, the defense would be great on the perimeter, but the scoring and end of game situations would be bad.... wed be back to pull up jumpers off the dribble from iggy.... something i never need to see again.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-29-2012 at 11:03 AM.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    i just dont see it working, ill defer to my first comment on the subject on how i believe this would have played out.

    i will, however, add that ideally with a holiday, turner, iggy lineup could work, but ud have to see iggy take almost a complete off the ball role in the half court offense....
    Exactly. I'd rather have the ball in Jrue or Turner's hands than Iggy's. And at that point if he's playing completely off the ball, I'd rather just have a more consistent 3 point threat in there to spread the floor and keep opposing defenses honest. Even though Iggy was good from 3 last year, someone like... J-Rich... Would arguably be a much better fit. No defense is worrying too much about Iggy chillin out at the three point line in a half court offense. He's not creating space for other players on the floor.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    Being that Jrue and ET can both clearly create their own space, and that Iggy is a willing and capable set up guy as well, I don't think spacing would be a problem so significant that it would offset the gains of having all three of them on the roster.

    All three of them can hit the long range catch and shoot shot to a respectable degree (Jrue more than respectable). So....as long as one of the two starting bigs can hit open catch and shoot shots from mid to slightly long range, the spacing should be good enough.

    And this idea that Iggy wouldn't go for Jrue/ET having the ball for most of the 4th quarter stretch, or that'd he'd refuse to not shoot a bunch of pull-up jumpers....I don't buy it. I've watched Iggy defer in the 4th. I watched him decrease his pull-ups only to see the head coach actually encourage him to shoot more (Collins, WTF). I've watched him encourage ET to be a playmaker when he got to the starting lineup.....only to see Collins take it away. You guys don't seem to be respecting how much Collins is the one pulling the strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    11,080
    vCash
    1500
    Iggy here gets a big boooooo!

    No way Evan plays his way to his current level of confidence with iggy the leader still here. No friggin way.

    Gm you're taking the human side out of it. It much easier to defer in Denver as the new guy than to defer regularly to the guys you see as your little brothers.

    Iggy certainly would have asserted himself as top dog in the pecking order.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,653
    vCash
    1500

    Official: 2012-13 Sixers resources, rankings, ratings, and other punditry

    Look GM... We've all seen Jrue and Turner play with Iggy for multiple years already. We already know how they play together. And how Collins, who isn't going anywhere, coaches them together. So I don't know what your point is. I think it's pretty clear that Jrue and Turner struggle more when they play with him. That's a fact. Whether you wanna point the finger at Iggy or Collins, it's completely irrelevant because it's already been proven regardless.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    I am factoring the human side of it in. What you guys are failing to factor in is the Collins side of it.

    Hawes is no longer in the starting lineup, and the team is no longer constantly playing through the high post. Lou is no longer here. The majority of the problem with ET/Jrue not thriving wasn't the mere presence of Iguodala nearly to the degree of those other two factors from what I watched with my own two eyes.

    I hate the fact that this myth exists that the three couldn't have co-existed going forward. I truly believe that Collins partially created it.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-29-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,611
    vCash
    1500

    Official: 2012-13 Sixers resources, rankings, ratings, and other punditry

    Collins would be on the iggy side of it. Hes the vet, hes got the biggest dollar sign on his head, and hes used to having the ball/ playmaking opportunities over jrue and turner

    I do, however agree that lou being gone is an x-factor im not taking into account and i should be.

    I just dont know, and quite frankly, neither do u.

    Its a big " what if" and i deouldnt take that gamble....


    gotta pay the troll toll

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    There is no Iggy side of it. There was no riff between Iggy and ET. Iggy gave up shots and playmaking opps. There would be enough ball to go around for the three of them throughout the course of the game without Lou or the predominance of the high post.....both of which are things that Iggy did not beg for. For me, keeping the three together until Iggy either expired or a safer trade materialized was not a gamble. It was a safe move.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,611
    vCash
    1500

    Official: 2012-13 Sixers resources, rankings, ratings, and other punditry

    Youre presenting your opinion as fact.

    Bad wannabe. Bad!


    gotta pay the troll toll

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    Do I really need to regurgitate facts that I know you guys should all be aware of by now? Shot attemps, scoring averages, ET's statistical drop the moment Hawes returned to the starting lineup last season, Collins' quotes asking Iggy to shoot more early in games, Collins putting the ball in Lou's hands in crunch time, 3 point percentages, etc.?

    You watched the games. You know the facts.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-29-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •