Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    In the NBA.com PRs we're currently at 13

Philadelphia (6-1)
    Pace: 96.5 (19), Off: 105.1 (1), Def: 93.4 (6)
    The good: The Sixers were arguably the best team of the preseason and Thaddeus Young looked absolutely terrific. The bad: It doesn't look like Andrew Bynum, who still has pain in his knee and hasn't even started running yet, is going to be very healthy this season. The ugly: Spencer Hawes' mullet.
    Link

vCash
    ^^gotta agree.. Spencer's new due is kinda ugly haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Youre talking about a drop from 2-3 as opposed from 7-14. Lol... Thats two completely different universes.

And injuries to kobe and dwight obviously had more to do woth that SLIGHT drop than their preseason record.

As for the sixers, they were ranked high because of bynum, and with bynums uncertainty, its fair to assume the sixers drop. The sixers are not a dangerous team by any stretch of the imagination without andrew bynum.... Especially come playoff time.
    Well you're half right. He did say the first ranking was based on having Bynum. But he explicitly said the bad preseason was the reason for the la drop.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    I think NBA preseason means more than MLB or NFL. In terms of who gets minutes and things like that, regular season rotational players get the most and cast-off players barely see the floor (at least that was the way we saw it with the Sixers). I mean, how many minutes did Dan Gadzuric and Devin Searcy get in the team's seven games?

With the MLB, regular players get every other day off and pitchers barely go beyond 5 innings at the most. And in NFL you're literally working with a roster of 80 players -- 53 who make the team -- 48 who dress for games -- and about 30 who see regular playing time.
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    Interesting stats tweeted from Derek Bodner today:

(In chronological order)

#sixers offense now 29th in the league. 25th in fta/fga. 24th in offensive rebounding.
    Evan Turner's last 3 games: 6.3 points on 28.6% from the field in nearly 29 minutes per night. Ouch. #sixers
    Over the last 3 games, only 1 #sixers regular (20+ mpg) has shot > 41%: Jrue Holiday (47.9%).

Thad at 39.8%, JRich at 39.3%, Turner at 28.6%, Nick Young at 41.1%, Wright at 38.1%, Spencer at 34.5%, Lavoy at 35.1%
    Interesting, #sixers rank 24th out of 30 teams in catch and shoot, according to Synergy Sports. Should be teams strength.

It's not only that they're not getting someone to force double teams. 24th in league in unguarded catch and shoots too.
    Jrue Holiday is currently shooting 60.9% on isolations. That's straight fg%, not adjusted in any kind.
    In terms of points per possession, Jrue Holiday is as efficient as anyone in the league in iso's so far this year. That even includes TO's.
    Also interesting is that Evan Turner has given up most points/possession (1.032) on defensive end on #sixers. Tends to guard scorers tho

To put that in perspective, last year Iguodala gave up 0.767 points / possession on defensive end. Turner at 1.032 big step back so far
    https://twitter.com/derekbodner

vCash
    I thought the most impressive one was Jrue shooting more than 60% from the field on iso plays. And leading the league in points per possession on isos too. That's flat out nasty. Way to go, Jrue!
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 11-16-2012 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I thought the most impressive one was Jrue shooting more than 60% from the field on iso plays. And leading the league in points per possession on isos too. That's flat out nasty. Way to go, Jrue!
    That's all great...it really is. But until his turnovers are cut in half...I'm alot less impressed than most here. You gotta take it as a package; picking and choosing leads to inaccurate assessments, imo.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 11-16-2012 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    That's all great...it really is. But until his turnovers are cut in half...I'm alot less impressed than most here. You gotta take it as a package; picking and choosing leads to inaccurate assessments, imo.
    Totally agree. For the turnovers, it's a huge problem right now. I'm all about holding him accountable for that. In fairness though, you have to concede at least part of the problem being that it is a process he has to go through. He has been in the league for a while now, but the current situation is that he's still a young player who was suddenly given the responsibility of handling the ball A LOT more with the departure of Iggy and Lou.

Many of his turnovers are boneheaded and careless. But the extreme rate at which we're seeing him turn the ball over is definitely also due to the statement above. He'll settle down eventually as he adjusts to the new role (I hope).

Another pro-Jrue point on this matter is, at least with the isolations, his league-leading points per possession is the whole package, because that does include his turnovers. We're not picking and choosing his "good" stats here. Now, maybe subtracting the oppositions points off of those turnovers from that stat would be more telling, but I'm not even gonna attempt trying to figure that out haha. I get really bored at work sometimes, but not that bored haha.

Bottom line is you are also correct though. The turnover problem is being overlooked and sometimes Jrue is still doing more harm than good offensively despite his increase in points/assists. Overall, I like the development I've seen from Jrue though so far this year. It is very encouraging.

vCash
    ^I moved those 3 posts to here... Didn't want to go too off-topic in the other thread.

vCash

Official: 2012-13 Sixers resources, rankings, ratings, and other punditry

Ricky, I think Jrue must have heard us. He's been doing a great job cutting down on the turnovers these past few games. Totaling 7 turnovers and 23 assists in the past three. Great to see, let's hope he can keep it up.

vCash
    Stat of the night:

Derek Bodner ‏@derekbodner

Jrue Holiday has already had 4 double-doubles this year, after having only 1 all of last year. Has hit double figures scoring every game

vCash
    ET averaging 6 assists over the last three with Jrue's TO's going down doesn't seem to be just coincidence. Evan has been playing more point even with Jrue in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    The most ever turnovers in a season (going back to 1946-47) are:
    366 (Artis Gilmore, 77-78, 82 games)
    360 (Kevin Porter, 77-78, 82 games)
    359 (M R Richardson, 79-80, 82 games)
    352 (Ricky Sobers, 77-78, 79 games)
    350 (Charles Barkley, 85-86, 350)

If Jrue continued at his current rate (4.7 per game) he'd make 385 in an 82 game season, and would need 79 games to get the record.

Only 7 players have had more than 4.5 turnovers per game in a 50+ game season, inlcuding AI in 2004-05 with 4.6 per game over 75 games. Highest ever is Maravich with 5.0 over 50 games.

Thankfully Jrue's bringing it down - only 2.8 per game over the last 5 - but if he heads the other way again he could make history.

vCash
    EDIT- Wrong thread

vCash
    Pistol Pete huh? nice company even with his flaws.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast