Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official: 2012-13 Sixers resources, rankings, ratings, and other punditry

The bulls are a huge HUGE question mark. I dont think anyone knows how theyre gonna perform.

Its hard to think they miss the playoffs with deng, noah, boozer, and gibson.

I dont blame stein for the rankings drop.... Without bynum the sixers dont look great to me either.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    The bulls are a huge HUGE question mark. I dont think anyone knows how theyre gonna perform.

Its hard to think they miss the playoffs with deng, noah, boozer, and gibson.

I dont blame stein for the rankings drop.... Without bynum the sixers dont look great to me either.
    Based of what? Makes no sense to say they don't look great when you have nothing to base it off of.

Also if stein wants to drop us fine but my problem is below the Bulls? Hawks? Again based off of what? I guess we'll see.

vCash
    Stein dropped la for a poor preseason and gave us no credit for a great one...without Bynum.

Again, I like being in underdog seat.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    im basing it off the roster. obviously. i dont think were that good wthout bynum patrolling/scoring in the paint. we have a whoe bunch of shooters, but theyre also career incnsistent guys (incuding holiday)... without our star, i dont think we are tht good.... with bynum, i think we are 2nd in the east.

as for atlanta and chicago.... atlanta, i dont agree with, they need a 5, and their wings are not that good, at all.... chicago, like i said, no one knows. but they are much bigger/tougher than the sixers if we dont have bynum.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 10-30-2012 at 11:43 AM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Agreed abt ATL. I am seriously missing something there.

Chicago defends. You can win if you defend. Heinrich should manage them well in meantime til Rose's return. Don't know where they finish withi top 8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Stein dropped la for a poor preseason and gave us no credit for a great one...without Bynum.

Again, I like being in underdog seat.
    all that tells me is that preseason wins and losses mean nothing to anyone, and really have no indication on how good or bad a team is.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I think we're better than last season now. We lost defense a little. Gained lots of shooting. Reason I say we only lost a little defense if that Jodie and Lou were bad, really bad. We upgraded those dudes. We lost iggy. No doubt. Not being replaced. Brand however wasn't our best post defender in post season. Allen was.

So our defense suffers slightly while our offense took a significant jump.

vCash
    all that tells me is that preseason wins and losses mean nothing to anyone, and really have no indication on how good or bad a team is.
    But he dropped the lakers for having a poor preseason. That means something.

The preseason didn't show how good a team or how bad a team we are. It showed that the team has already learned to play together. Which was my biggest question. It showed there's enough ball to go around for these shooters. I think we decline a little when Bynum first jumps in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Based of what? Makes no sense to say they don't look great when you have nothing to base it off of.

Also if stein wants to drop us fine but my problem is below the Bulls? Hawks? Again based off of what? I guess we'll see.
    Because when you don't have Bynum your not the same team. National guys aren't watching every teams preseason games and raving over guys like Malik Wayans. They see no Bynum and the team drops. Makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Because when you don't have Bynum your not the same team. National guys aren't watching every teams preseason games and raving over guys like Malik Wayans. They see no Bynum and the team drops. Makes sense.
    Again you don't know this until the season begins what we'll be like without Bynum and he will be back at some point. It's not like he'll be out the entire season(at least I hope not). I could understand if he wasn't going to play this season. Also you can't penalize Philly for not having Bynum and not do the same for the Bulls without Rose and the Hawks. Man WTF did they do to earn that ranking and why does everyone keep slobbering over them. They lose arguably their best player and pick up Devin Harris and that makes them better. Again we'll see but the logic of Stein's rankings make no sense.

vCash
    Agree with Bootsy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    But he dropped the lakers for having a poor preseason. That means something.

The preseason didn't show how good a team or how bad a team we are. It showed that the team has already learned to play together. Which was my biggest question. It showed there's enough ball to go around for these shooters. I think we decline a little when Bynum first jumps in.
    Youre talking about a drop from 2-3 as opposed from 7-14. Lol... Thats two completely different universes.

And injuries to kobe and dwight obviously had more to do woth that SLIGHT drop than their preseason record.

As for the sixers, they were ranked high because of bynum, and with bynums uncertainty, its fair to assume the sixers drop. The sixers are not a dangerous team by any stretch of the imagination without andrew bynum.... Especially come playoff time.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Again you don't know this until the season begins what we'll be like without Bynum and he will be back at some point. It's not like he'll be out the entire season(at least I hope not). I could understand if he wasn't going to play this season. Also you can't penalize Philly for not having Bynum and not do the same for the Bulls without Rose and the Hawks. Man WTF did they do to earn that ranking and why does everyone keep slobbering over them. They lose arguably their best player and pick up Devin Harris and that makes them better. Again we'll see but the logic of Stein's rankings make no sense.
    Once again, this is the national media. if Bynum isn't there they see an 8th seed with no Lou, no Iguodala, no Brand from last season and now no Bynum to start the season. Of course they expect a drop off from the opening rankings, the entire reason we were top 10 in the first place was the prediction of Bynum terrorizing the East. If Bynum comes back healthy, and lives up to what we all think he'll be, we will be back in the top 10 no problems.

People like Atlanta because they still have Josh Smith and Horford in the frontcourt and replaced JJ with Lou / Korver / Harris and John Jenkins. I don't agree but once again I can understand where they are coming from.

vCash
    i do think we are better than atlanta without bynum.... prob not the bulls tho....although i dont think the bulls are better than us if we have bynum and they dont have rose.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    i do think we are better than atlanta without bynum.... prob not the bulls tho....although i dont think the bulls are better than us if we have bynum and they dont have rose.
    I don't see the Bulls being better than us at all without Bynum. Where will the scoring come from. Boozer? I guess. Deng. Outside of that I just don't see a lot there. I know they are known for their defense but they lost some good defenders in Watson, Brewer, Asik from that team. They can beat the Toronto's, Washington's, Cleveland's, Charlotte's, Detroit's of the world but beating the better teams in the East will be a struggle for them in my opinion. The Bulls may start out well and surprise a few but as the season goes along reality will set in.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast