Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    I think our o-line can handle itself against their d-line, what I am worried about is their secondary. Brandon Browner, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman are all beasts.
    Their defensive tackles worry me. I think Kalil can handle Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin but Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant I think will give us trouble. Charlie Johnson and Brandon Fusco haven't look all that great and John Sullivan has struggled a little. Those two d-tackles are very good against the run and I think their going to eat up our interior o-line.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Their defensive tackles worry me. I think Kalil can handle Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin but Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant I think will give us trouble. Charlie Johnson and Brandon Fusco haven't look all that great and John Sullivan has struggled a little. Those two d-tackles are very good against the run and I think their going to eat up our interior o-line.
    You're right on Brandon Mebane against us. Fusco hasn't looked too bad, but Charlie Johnson should be a bench warmer. Really hope we switch him out soon for Schwartz. Sullivan should bounce back fairly quickly, he's become a very solid center.

vCash
    I just think we match up well against them so while I think our chances are slim to win I still like our chances to sneak out with a win. But of course the rest of the season will be determined on what Ponder can do the rest of the way.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    A lot has been made of (myself included) our final 8 games. Seattle has already beat NE and GB at home... a home game against Detroit, which being a division game against one of last years playoff teams and an opportunity to get good momentum going into the bye week... is HUGE... but Chicago and GB have brutal closing schedules too.

Vikes:
    @ sea - W - (6-3)
    Det W - (7-3)
    @ Chi - L (7-4)
    @ GB - L (7-5)
    Chi - W (8-5)
    @ Stl - W (9-5)
    @ Hou - L (9-6)
    GB - W (10-6)

Division Record = 4-2 Conf Record = 8-4

Chicago:
    @ Ten - W (7-1)
    Hou - L (7-2) * Even at home, don't think Bears O-line can handle Texans D)
    @ SF - L (7-3) * Another great D
    Min - W (8-3)
    Sea - L (8-4) * Another great D
    @ Min - L (8-5)
    GB - L (8- 6) * Packs got their #
    @ Ari - W (9-6)
    @Det - W (10-6)

Division Record = 3-3 Conf Record = 7-5

GB:
    Ari - W (6-3)
    @ Det - L (6-4)
    @ NYG - L (6-5)
    Min - W (7-5)
    Det - W (8-5)
    @ Chi - W (9-5)
    Ten - W (10-5)
    Min - L (10-6)

Division Record = 4-2 Conf Record = 7-5

In this scenario, we would all make the playoffs, but with a better conference record... we would win the division Let me clarify that this is NOT what I EXPECT to happen... the one I did that I think will happen was close to this, so I wanted to see if there could be a realistic scenario that a 3-way-tie for best record at the top would take place... and how the tie-breakers would apply. What a dream situation... beating GB on the lat week of the season to win the division!!! Thing is... we would likely be seeing either GB or the Bears in the Wildcard game... but that would be ok with me... because... we would BE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! One can dream...
    Last edited by wrizzo; 10-31-2012 at 11:46 AM.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    I've watched Seattle's defense play. Their D-front can pressure the QB. To put things in perspective and compare their front to ours. Here's the numbers.

Vikes D-front
    Jared Allen 7 sacks
    Brian Robinson 4 sacks
    Everson Griffen 3 sacks
    Letroy Guion 2 sacks
    Kevin Williams 1 sack

Seattle D-front
    Chris Clemons 7 sacks
    Bruce Irvin 4.5 sacks
    Brandon Mebane 3 sacks
    Jason Jones 2.5

I'm worried about our o-line holding up to this front. But my biggest worry is tackling Lynch. The last couple weeks we have struggled and Lynch is legit. A couple other issues is stopping Rice without Cook and the turnover battle. Seattle is a top defense that creates plenty of turnovers between FFums and Int's this is a legit defense. Seattle's defenese is currently ranked 5th in the NFL. All of these potential issues combined with the fact we stuggle on the road. Qwest field in considered one of the loudest fields in the NFL. I see this game as a huge challenge.
    Last edited by BigB4570; 10-31-2012 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Ya Lynch is going to be brutal if we tackle like we have the last few games. I'm hoping that this extra long week will have us feeling refreshed a bit. 2 more weeks until that much needed bye week. I seriously think our guys are worn down and that may be why our tackling is a little weak right now.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    As much as I hate to think about another loss this week, it seems imminent. The last two games have been really bad for Ponder and I just don't see Seattle's defense cutting him any slack. If we pull out a victory up there our defense will have to dominate and probably score some points.

It would be nice to sweep Detroit and beat Green Bay once. We can take St. Louis. I think Chicago beats us twice and Houston will also win. Looks like 8-8 to me. If Ponder's meltdown continues, 8-8 may be too optimistic.
    Last edited by MissouriVike; 10-31-2012 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriVike View Post
    As much as I hate to think about another loss this week, it seems imminent. The last two games have been really bad for Ponder and I just don't see Seattle's defense cutting him any slack. If we pull out a victory up there our defense will have to dominate and probably score some points.

It would be nice to sweep Detroit and beat Green Bay once. We can take St. Louis. I think Chicago beats us twice and Houston will also win. Looks like 8-8 to me. If Ponder's meltdown continues, 8-8 may be too optimistic.
    these are the same sentiments that were floating around after the week 2 loss to the Colts... I agree with you... and hope that the Vikes fire back like they did against SF! When that team comes to play... they can play with anyone... it all comes down to Ponder.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    The way I see the Vikings season going forward is:

In games where AP rushes for 100+ yards and we allow our opponent less than 100 yards on the ground we are going to be the favorite.

Add on a Ponder touchdown pass with no turnovers and I don't see us losing that game.

Basically, if Ponder can limit his turnovers and the defense can stop the run we can play with anyone. This is the exact model we used when we beat the 49ers. Here is how I believe our season will play out.

@ Seattle: W. We are going to bounce back from a tough loss and beat Seattle and their own rough and tough game.

Detroit: W. If we could win in Detroit with no offensive TD's we should be able to feed off the home crowd and pull out a win going into the bye. This game could be a trap though if players start thinking of the bye to early.

Bye

@ Chicago: L. I think this will be a very close game and we have a 50/50 shot at pulling this one out. Chicago is tough at home and I just believe they are going to want to show the NFC they are a force to be reckoned with.

@ Green Bay: L. Without Chris Cook I don't like our chances against their passing attack. Add in playing in the hostile compounds of Lambeau and I think this could potentially be a blow out.

Chicago: W. We match up with Chicago well and I think the home crowd can push us for a win. No matter which way it happens I think we split with Chicago this year.

@ St. Louis: W. This will be an important game for the Vikings if they are serious about getting into the playoffs this season.

@ Houston: L. Unless some things change I don't see us going into Houston and pulling out a win. I believe the only way to beat Houston is to air it out which is not going to happen with Ponder.

Green Bay: W/L. I think we win if GB has a playoff spot already locked up and rests starters. This game could be very important however and if it is a game of who gets into the playoffs I unfortunately like the Packers.

So overall: probably 9-7 but possibly 10-6 depending on the last week of the season. In a worst case scenario I think 7-9 is the worst we will finish.

vCash
    My prediction is 8-8

vCash
    My prediction is 7-9 with our wins coming against DET and STL.

vCash
    you never know if the vikings win the next two going into the bye at 7-3 those divisional games i dont care how hard they are, are going to be close and winnable especially if were competing for a playoff spot

vCash

Predictions for our final record?

I'm gonna with 7-9. Pretty much where we expected to be coming in to the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I just think we match up well against them so while I think our chances are slim to win I still like our chances to sneak out with a win. But of course the rest of the season will be determined on what Ponder can do the rest of the way.
    How do we match up well? Seattle has a very strong pass rush and our line has struggled to pass protect the last few weeks. They also are very stout against the run. Marshawn Lynch is a very tough runner and after the way we have looked against Stephens-Howling and Doug Martin, Lynch could have a huge day against us as he is easily better than both of them. If anything this is a team we don't match up with. Our best chance of winning is letting our pass rush loose against Wilson and making them one dimensional.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Look our Passing game sucks right now along with our Rushing D but those things can be fixed and we have already this season proven that we can do both of these things so if Ponder and our Run-D can step it up we can still win a ton more games this season. If we even split with GB and the Bears we are in the playoffs IMO....I say we can win 9 games this season.....9-7 would be a sweet record esp playing in not only the NFC but also the NFC North,,,witch is easily the hardest division in Football by a long shot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast