Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Predictions for our final record?

Well here we stand at 5-3 at the mid way point. What is the consensus on our record after 16 games? I really think we are a legit team, but I think our offensive game plan is too predictable and at times quite offensive. I will go with 8-8 for the year, but I think we potentially can finish as good as 10-6 and as bad as 6-10. I think just like last year we will be in a lot of one score differential games....

vCash
    I'm gonna go with 7-9 or 8-8. I was thinking 7-9/6-10 before the season started.

vCash
    I can't remember but I think best case scenario I had us at 9 or 10 and worst case at 5 0r 6. Well that still holds true but I'm going to predict the rest of our games here.
    11/4/12 @SEA W
    11/11/12 DET W
    BYE
    11/25/12 @CHI L
    12/2/12 @GB L
    12/9/12 CHI W
    12/16/12 @STL W
    12/23/12 @HOU L
    12/30/12 GB L

So it looks like 9-7. I have us beating the Bears once but not the Packers because I think we honestly match up better. I also think the Packers are better than the Bears. I wouldn't say I think the Bears are overrated but they are not as good as their record shows imo. If Cutler could do something then yes but I'm just not seeing it.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    8-8.....I think we win against DET/CHI/STL. I was thinking 5-7 wins before the season, so my expectations are pretty much already met.

vCash
    I'll go 8-8. I think 7-9 or 9-7 is also very possible.

vCash
    I said 7-9 before the season started but we have performed better than I expected so it's possible we finish better than that. The only for sure win I see left on the schedule is St. Louis so we should get at least 6 wins.

I'm not expecting much at Seattle. That place is so tough to win at and they have a good team. We are going to need our A+ game (even better than the 49ers game) to win. The Lions at home should be a little easier and I like our chances in that game but I want to see how we look without Cook before I'm going to say we can shut down Stafford again. After the bye we have the Bears, Packers, Bears, Rams, Texans and Packers. I think that speaks for itself. I don't see us beating the Bears or Texans but we might be able to steal a victory against Green Bay.

The best we finish in my opinion is 9-7 but I'm guessing 8-8.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    10 wins is very possible if Ponder can make some deep passes....thats the whole key to not only this season but the ones to follow.....I say we trade for Moss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar:24118355
    10 wins is very possible if Ponder can make some deep passes....thats the whole key to not only this season but the ones to follow.....I say we trade for Moss
    Ur joking about the moss part I hope

vCash
    We have issues but I think both the Packers and the Bears are overrated. Look at them barely beating the Panthers and Cutler looking putrid for most of the game, then look at their offensive line. The Packers D is still shaky, it looks like they don't have a run game and Greg Jennings is going to be very lucky if he's around for our game against them @ Lambeau field. I'm not going to say that I expect us to win, but its very possible. The 49ers are a better team than both Green Bay and Chicago, and it wasn't a fluke that we beat them. Its going to be VERY tough without Chris Cook though.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    @SEA W 6-3
    DET W 7-3
    BYE
    @CHI L 7-4
    @GB L 7-5
    CHI W 8-5
    @STL W 9-5
    @HOU L 9-6
    GB W 10-6

Green Bay's Schedule;
    ARI W 6-3
    BYE
    @DET W 7-3
    @NYG L 7-4
    MIN W 8-4
    DET W 9-4
    @CHI L 9-5* (VERY PIVOTAL GAME FOR WHO WINS NFC NORTH)
    TEN W 10-5
    @MIN L 10-6* (VERY IMPORTANT GAME BETWEEN US FOR WHO GETS WILDCARD BERTH)

Bears Schedule;
    @TEN W 7-1
    HOU L 7-2
    @SF L 7-3
    MIN W 8-3
    SEA W 9-3
    @MIN L 9-4 ( THAT MAKES IT CHI 9-4, GB 9-4 AND MIN 8-5 MAKING NEXT WEEKS GAME PIVOTAL)
    GB W 10-4
    @ARI W 11-4
    @DET W 12-4

So Chicago wins the division with a strong 12-4 record, Packers although played well enough to be in it til the end lose to us in the final week and are knocked out of the playoffs. We squeek in but lose in the first round, Bears ride their defense to the NFC Championship game which Atlanta hosts but lose... They beat the Niners in the playoffs though. Falcons go on to the Super Bowl (finally winning in the playoffs). The AFC favorite Houston Texans lose to Bronco's in AFC Championship game after taking out the Patriots and Steelers. Peyton Manning riding a hot streak in the second half of the season and throughout the playoffs comes close but Matty Ice and Julio Jones finally win one for Atlanta and Tony Gonzalez gets his ring and retires after the game.

Vikings week-week breakdown;

I think this week Seattle's going to be tough. We're coming off a demoralizing loss at home in primetime but they never quit fighting from what I saw. Tampa just wanted it more and outplayed us. Yeah they'll have more time to prepare for Seattle but they always play tough at home and the past two weeks we've been torn up by lesser backs then Marshawn Lynch. I think it's going to be a struggle and a back and forth game. Plus their defense is pretty decent, especially on the back end. I think to win we'll need to win the turnover battle first, force an INT or some fumbles and limit our own turnovers to nil. A heavy dose of AP and the run game can allow us to limit Ponder's mistakes and control the pace of the game. Mainly though we have to win the battle in the trenches in order for us to eak out a close victory. D-Line needs to get pressure more than ever with Cook out and O-Line cannot allow the kind of pressure they did these past few weeks or we're in trouble.

We beat Detroit once and although Stafford might be playing better now I still think we can beat the Lions at home again.

BYE going into the Soldier Field game will be nice but even with two weeks of prep I think we continue to lose there. I could see us upsetting them but I just think it's more likely we beat them at home than Soldier Field.

Lambeau game I actually think is going to be a good one. The Packers don't scare me this year. Not saying we'll win but we will definitely compete. Probably lose this one and win at home.

Chicago comes to our place, we just lost two in a row I think they'll play tough and rattle Cutler enough to win by 10.

St. Louis is better and we're on the road but I cannot pick the Rams over us just yet. I think we win but it may be closer than I expect.

Houston, a good team no doubt but unbeatable? No. I think the smart choice is we lose but we could upset them. I'll go with lose right now but it all depends on how Ponder is playing at the time.

Green Bay at home. They've beat us there recently but it's time to change that. If this game determines who goes to the playoffs it's going to be rockin with energy from the crowd and I think we can win at home. It's no gimme but I am leaning towards a W right now.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 10-30-2012 at 04:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    @SEA W 6-3
    DET W 7-3
    BYE
    @CHI L 7-4
    @GB L 7-5
    CHI W 8-5
    @STL W 9-5
    @HOU L 9-6
    GB W 10-6

I HOPE this is how it turns out. I can easily see the GB and CHI game being losses, and we end up being 8-8, but I hope it turns out like this!

vCash
    Why are you guys calling Seattle a win? We should be fairly big under dogs at their place. I mean at home this year they destroyed Dallas, "beat" Green Bay and had a come back win over the Patriots. This is a very dangerous team at home and I don't like our chances at all.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Why are you guys calling Seattle a win? We should be fairly big under dogs at their place. I mean at home this year they destroyed Dallas, "beat" Green Bay and had a come back win over the Patriots. This is a very dangerous team at home and I don't like our chances at all.

I don't think Dallas is a very good team, and yes they "beat" Green Bay.... I guess? Lol. The Patriots win was very impressive however and Seattle is going to be a tough game, I agree. Just wishful thinking that we will win this one. I'm hoping Ponder doesn't turn the ball over, and if he doesn't I think we sneak out with a close win..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    I don't think Dallas is a very good team, and yes they "beat" Green Bay.... I guess? Lol. The Patriots win was very impressive however and Seattle is going to be a tough game, I agree. Just wishful thinking that we will win this one. I'm hoping Ponder doesn't turn the ball over, and if he doesn't I think we sneak out with a close win..
    I'm not to optimistic about us limiting turnovers against them. They may not have the #1 defense in the NFL but they are definitely up there. Seattle might be the toughest place to play in the NFL.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm not to optimistic about us limiting turnovers against them. They may not have the #1 defense in the NFL but they are definitely up there. Seattle might be the toughest place to play in the NFL.
    I think our o-line can handle itself against their d-line, what I am worried about is their secondary. Brandon Browner, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman are all beasts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast