Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So your basing your opinion off 5 games in the Finals? Do you know how many great players have struggled in the Finals?
    Seriously. Not to make the comparison, but James Worthy was HORRIBLE during the 1984 Finals. He sure turned into a good player after that, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Haha, Kevin Martin is ****ing terrible. I would have dealt him for a conditional 2nd rounder
    Yeah and we unloaded that huge contract, his defense is terrible. Harden is 23 years old, he is going to get better. His defense is adequate not terrible. He is going to become a more all-0around player now with more minutes.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Seriously. Not to make the comparison, but James Worthy was HORRIBLE during the 1984 Finals. He sure turned into a good player after that, no?
    It just boggles the mind, I dont understand how ANYONE can surmise laziness/work ethic from simply watching someone play 5 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    It just boggles the mind, I dont understand how ANYONE can surmise laziness/work ethic from simply watching someone play 5 games.
    well, you have run into a fan who never watches another team play unless his team is playing them. They have zero frame of reference because of it. If I judged every player and team from the 2-4 times I watched them a year, my evaluations would be all messed up.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Need 2 players for all-PSD fantasy league on yahoo tonight live drive 8:45 pm PST.

Yahoo league ID: 87344
    Password: letmein

Anybody welcome

vCash
    He's worth a max contract for sure, but it is going to be tough to build around his max contract and Asik/Lin both making $10+ million in a few years. I think on a good playoff team Harden is ideally your #2 option. But if he is your #1 option, you are going to need a lot better #2/3 options than Lin and Asik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blastmasta26 View Post
    Didn't you have a Lakers sig recently?

And if you're really going to bring up the Finals, are you saying it would have been reasonable to say LeBron wasn't elite after his performance against Dallas?
    That was my halloween sig
    Not sure what that means, especially since Halloween didn't even happen yet but whatever lol.

But you didn't address my second point, as I can see you're still pointing to Harden's Finals performance as an indication of a lack of talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

vCash
    Simple answer. No.

Long answer. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blastmasta26 View Post
    Not sure what that means, especially since Halloween didn't even happen yet but whatever lol.

But you didn't address my second point, as I can see you're still pointing to Harden's Finals performance as an indication of a lack of talent.

I think anyone saying Harden has no talent is inaccurate. Yes, he struggled in the Finals, plain as day, but not because of a lack of talent. If there is a lack it is confidence. He tends to be a slow starter when a new situation is placed on him.

I truly believe he may struggle in his new role, at first. But if his new organization will give him some time to get comfortable he will be what they hoped for. If they push or don't back him up during his struggles early the whole thing could turn into a bust.

My thinking comes from watching him closely his first 3 years in the league. In his rookie season, he was a no show throughout the playoffs, his second year he hit the wall in the WCF's, his 3rd year, the Finals. So he is progressing. but this is a huge jump from being the #3 scoring option to the #1.... not to mention starting. He got a few opportunities to start in OKC and really had some problems but that was before he played all summer with the league's best.

My advise to Rocket fans is don't be surprised if he struggles early and to be patient and let him develop. He ain't soup yet....

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    He's worth a max contract for sure, but it is going to be tough to build around his max contract and Asik/Lin both making $10+ million in a few years.I think on a good playoff team Harden is ideally your #2 option. But if he is your #1 option, you are going to need a lot better #2/3 options than Lin and Asik.

They will be getting paid 15 million each their third years but the Rockets cap hit will only be 8 mill each for the three years...so no it won't be hard to.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    I think Harden's a solid player but I don't think he's a go to go. Did anyone watch his last game at Arizona St. when they needed to lean on him to advance in the Big Dance. Not clutch.

As for the answer to who will be the best SG in the NBA in two years.. the answer is a no brainer.. Andrew Wiggins.

vCash
    no

vCash
    Lets put it this way, Martin can play an entire game n only average 2 points more than Harden can coming off the bench in limited minutes...I have always said, if Harden was on any other team, he'd be an all star...we WILL see Harden an all star this year I guarantee it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678