Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 119
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,570
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I cant make sense of this comparison or why your so down on his work ethic. Ive literally never read a post that I couldnt at least get a sense of where your coming from. Even the AI dickriders have more common sense than this. Can you plz explain it for me.
    Ok, i'll try 3rd grade grammar. James Harden is a lazy monster with limited skills.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126
    vCash
    1500
    With limited skills? you just proved you are a flatout moron.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,654
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    Ok, i'll try 3rd grade grammar. James Harden is a lazy monster with limited skills.
    It wasn't your grammar that confused me.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    Ok, i'll try 3rd grade grammar. James Harden is a lazy monster with limited skills.
    If that is what you believe, then you are just proving that you have no idea what you are talking about.

    I can see believing he has reached his peak. Though I wouldn't agree, that is at least something that would be understandable as a belief. It would still be based on no facts, merely opinion.

    But to say he is lazy is just flat out wrong. It's pure ignorance and shows that you are simply knocking the guy because for some reason you don't like him. You are showing your bias.

    James Harden has been an extremely hard working player since high school. He wasn't being recruited by top notch schools because of his weight. He worked his tail off to lose weight and prove how good he was. He then was recruited and chose not to go to one of the power house schools, because he would rather go the school that was giving his high school coach a job, since his high school coach always believed in him.

    He gets to ASU, and was not considered a player that could make an impact in the conference. He worked hard and became one of, if not the best player in the conference while he was there.

    He has improved every year in the pro's to this point as well.

    Exactly what part of any of that makes him lazy? Please explain where your idea that he is lazy is coming from. I have a strong feeling that it isn't based in fact either.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,381
    vCash
    7010
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    This is silly, of course he's a max player. He's a top 3 SG who plays both sides of the floor and is only 23, injury aside where do you go wrong with having a player like Harden locked up long term?
    He plays both sides of the floor? Have you seen his defense?


  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,654
    vCash
    1894
    This kid went to school down the street from my last job, people that work there say the only thing he could do when he started off was make a corner 3. He wasn't that showboat baller with athleticism up the wazoo, I cant imagine someone like that making the NBA with poor work ethic, much less developing the all-around game that Harden has.


    Lazy? Based on what? The lack of rationale/evidence is what confuses me.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,570
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    This kid went to school down the street from my last job, people that work there say the only thing he could do when he started off was make a corner 3. He wasn't that showboat baller with athleticism up the wazoo, I cant imagine someone like that making the NBA with poor work ethic, much less developing the all-around game that Harden has.


    Lazy? Based on what? The lack of rationale/evidence is what confuses me.
    I said he is lazy based on how he plays, he is one of those Joe Johnson type players that will shine against certain teams and totally suck against others. A great player should know how/when to adjust...Harden was useless in the finals, he couldn't even adjust in 5 games. That right there tells me he is not a high IQ player, neither does he work on different things to make himself a well rounded player. I can tell you every single thing he will do in a game and I am not even an OKC fan.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    I said he is lazy based on how he plays, he is one of those Joe Johnson type players that will shine against certain teams and totally suck against others. A great player should know how/when to adjust...Harden was useless in the finals, he couldn't even adjust in 5 games. That right there tells me he is not a high IQ player, neither does he work on different things to make himself a well rounded player. I can tell you every single thing he will do in a game and I am not even an OKC fan.
    This is ridiculous. The guy had a bad series against one of the best defenses in the league. In a series, it is much easier for great defensive teams to hold down a guy, as they are able to adjust to his tendencies and take away strengths.

    Not to mention, the guy is 23 years old and was in only his second playoffs. He made HUGE adjustments when they played the Spurs, which is part of what ultimately won that series for them.

    Your reasoning is completely asinine. And your "opinion" that he is not a High IQ player is completely wrong. And he already is a well rounded player. So I am pretty sure he has worked on things that have made him a well rounded player.

    Is Harden worth a max contract at this point? Probably not. (As most of the players in the league who have received one aren't) But your "analyses" isn't even close to accurate.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vail, CO
    Posts
    14,807
    vCash
    1500
    Haha, Kevin Martin is ****ing terrible. I would have dealt him for a conditional 2nd rounder
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vail, CO
    Posts
    14,807
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    That right there tells me he is not a high IQ player, neither does he work on different things to make himself a well rounded player. I can tell you every single thing he will do in a game and I am not even an OKC fan.
    Basketball IQ is a completely worthless phrase, and it's complete baloney to say he isn't well rounded
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,516
    vCash
    1500
    Only perennial superstars are worth max contracts.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,190
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219:24121591
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He either jacks a 3, drives to within 5 feet, or gets fouled. There's not much of an in-between game yet.
    You say that as if it's a bad thing or his shot selection isnt the best in the NBA. The reason Harden's efficiency could drop is he'll be forced into more mid range shots where he cant possibly match the efficiency of his threes, free throws, and basket attacks even if he was the best mid range shooter.
    It isn't a bad thing, but it could be when he's the undisputed number one option.

    He still has a ton of room to grow...he's just still a little limited.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,654
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    I said he is lazy based on how he plays, he is one of those Joe Johnson type players that will shine against certain teams and totally suck against others. A great player should know how/when to adjust...Harden was useless in the finals, he couldn't even adjust in 5 games. That right there tells me he is not a high IQ player, neither does he work on different things to make himself a well rounded player. I can tell you every single thing he will do in a game and I am not even an OKC fan.
    So your basing your opinion off 5 games in the Finals? Do you know how many great players have struggled in the Finals?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    I am surprised at the level of praise James Harden and the Houston Rocket have been receiving post-trade; I am even more surprised how people forget that Kevin Martin is a solid player, and also a better scorer than James Harden. Now, judging by the players/draft picks Houston gave up to get Harden, the Rockets seem prepared to give him a max contract. Harden is a good player when either Durant or Westbrook is on the floor but he is terrible when neither is playing. Harden is not a franchise player, he just happened to be in a great situation where the little he contributed looked big to outsiders. I disagree with most that Houston got the better of the trade, I actually think OKC are better off now (Martin is a better scorer) and in the future (2 first round draft picks). I am confused as to the direction the Rockets are going as of late, are they rebuilding or are they just adding everyone else's seconds? They previously gave Lin a huge contract and now they trade for Harden? those two players have the potential to give up 15 turn-overs per game.

    Is James Harden worth max contract?
    Martin is not a better scorer than Harden dude.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,516
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    James Harden > Dwyane Wade
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •