Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The market for a guy like Harden is definitely a max $$$ deal

The real question is does signing him and trading away the assets that they did make Houston a contender anytime soon...

to me the answer is simple... if they don't get an elite FA this summer then they will just become a middle of the pack playoff team if their young players develop...

so is it worth to Houston? Sure, they had to take the chance... will they become contenders? best case scenario is 50/50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    The market for a guy like Harden is definitely a max $$$ deal

The real question is does signing him and trading away the assets that they did make Houston a contender anytime soon...

to me the answer is simple... if they don't get an elite FA this summer then they will just become a middle of the pack playoff team if their young players develop...

so is it worth to Houston? Sure, they had to take the chance... will they become contenders? best case scenario is 50/50
    Yep. Barring one of their young guys turning into a perennial all star, they are dependent on that max cap money to land another star. Its possible, I have barely looked at who is available next summer however.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Dwight, CP3, Bynum, Iggy, Josh Smith are the "big names" as FA this summer
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    Dwight, CP3, Bynum, Iggy, Josh Smith are the "big names" as FA this summer
    the first 3 will most likely re-sign. Iggy? meh, he will re-sign, plus he isn't what the Rockets need going forward, he will be too old by the time the rest of their crew is caught up and ready. Josh Smith is overrated and not a star player imo. Unless he changes his shot selection and starts going to the rim.

Again though, they could use that money to absorb a deal already in place. I have faith in Morey, the Rox still have plenty of young talent they could give away for a big deal as well, along with that space.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Yep. Barring one of their young guys turning into a perennial all star, they are dependent on that max cap money to land another star. Its possible, I have barely looked at who is available next summer however.
    not alot

CP3
    D12

Bynum
    Josh Smith

Al Jefferson
    David West
    Manu

some ETO guys

Iggy
    Monta

of all those guys i would assume the Centers would be the targets...

Again, not much quality and of the quality not much that is gonna move... gotta assume the top 2 are staying put

PS... the breaks are intentional

vCash
    not alot

CP3
    D12

Bynum
    Josh Smith

Al Jefferson
    David West
    Manu

some ETO guys

Iggy
    Monta

of all those guys i would assume the Centers would be the targets...

Again, not much quality and of the quality not much that is gonna move... gotta assume the top 2 are staying put

PS... the breaks are intentional
    I mean, Jefferson or West make sense, but does that make them a contender? I don't think so. I would expect Morey to be looking to fill that salary via trade, or they can try and catch Boozer off the amnesty cut next summer, should it happen.

haha, I know the breaks were intentional.

vCash
    the first 3 will most likely re-sign. Iggy? meh, he will re-sign, plus he isn't what the Rockets need going forward, he will be too old by the time the rest of their crew is caught up and ready. Josh Smith is overrated and not a star player imo. Unless he changes his shot selection and starts going to the rim.

Again though, they could use that money to absorb a deal already in place. I have faith in Morey, the Rox still have plenty of young talent they could give away for a big deal as well, along with that space.
    bolded is true but unused talent tends to stale and with such limited minutes available for all those forwards i would be shocked if he didn't move some of those guys sooner than later...

vCash
    I mean, Jefferson or West make sense, but does that make them a contender? I don't think so. I would expect Morey to be looking to fill that salary via trade, or they can try and catch Boozer off the amnesty cut next summer, should it happen.

haha, I know the breaks were intentional.
    yeah... trade is kinda the way its gotta happen although your idea about boozer makes some sense if it is cheap enough...

West in the PNR there would be nice though and might not cost more than $9-10 million per year for 3 years

The hard part is they have such a logjam at the 4 does it really make any sense to sign one....

vCash
    bolded is true but unused talent tends to stale and with such limited minutes available for all those forwards i would be shocked if he didn't move some of those guys sooner than later...
    which is why you have to move it sooner rather than later. Morris's value is garbage. Patterson's is whatever. The two rookies, outside teams hesitant on dealing with White's issues, have value, but yeah man, taking talent is the best way to draft nearly every time you get a pick. But that logjam is going to force a player or two to become underdeveloped.

vCash
    which is why you have to move it sooner rather than later. Morris's value is garbage. Patterson's is whatever. The two rookies, outside teams hesitant on dealing with White's issues, have value, but yeah man, taking talent is the best way to draft nearly every time you get a pick. But that logjam is going to force a player or two to become underdeveloped.
    Couldn't agree more on morris and patterson...

have you seen montajarous (sp?)... that is probably the guy to move since he has been so hyped...

not saying the guys they cut were good but 2 were first rounders in the last 2 years... just goes to show how hit and miss it is

vCash
    Couldn't agree more on morris and patterson...

have you seen montajarous (sp?)... that is probably the guy to move since he has been so hyped...

not saying the guys they cut were good but 2 were first rounders in the last 2 years... just goes to show how hit and miss it is
    I watched him a bit this preseason. He can shoot the ball, and play a few different positions, but his defense is lacking. Though, he does appear to have a mean streak. Terrence Jones is the other rookie with a lot of upside.

vCash
    I dont think he's worth the max at all, and he's one of my favorite players.

Then again, if JJ and Rudy Gay can get max deals, why not? Teams have to overpay to get talent, and Houston was willing.

vCash
    I think the jury should still be out on Harden. I want to see how he does when he is not the third option on the team. Pros = he can turn to a superstar, Cons = Collapses when the other teams defense focus on him, without having KD and RW. I didn't watch him in the Finals but how would he fare with shut defenders such as Lebron (he would guard the other's team best palyer) guarding him? I still like the deal for Houston though. Also, I believe Houston is the 4th biggest market in the US.

vCash
    dude was garbage against lakers and miami in the play-offs...his midrange jumper and 3 point shot is very bad....he is nowhere near max player 10mln $$ at best

P.S. I will be very suprised if he will shoot 45% or better in this season.
    Last edited by Lakers4life08; 10-29-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRox View Post
    I think the jury should still be out on Harden. I want to see how he does when he is not the third option on the team. Pros = he can turn to a superstar, Cons = Collapses when the other teams defense focus on him, without having KD and RW. I didn't watch him in the Finals but how would he fare with shut defenders such as Lebron (he would guard the other's team best palyer) guarding him? I still like the deal for Houston though. Also, I believe Houston is the 4th biggest market in the US.
    well, Miami has an elite perimeter defense, but they basically used his patience against him, trapping him hard and forcing him to take step back 3's or get rid of the ball. Not his game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast