Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    My facts > Your subjective opinion and grossly small sample size.

But maybe... just maybe if I had seen that one preseason game it would have totally changed my mind about the 80 game stretch of amazing he put together last season before the finals.
    As a Heat fan, I believe I am more credible assessing harden than you do. After-all I watched every second he played in the finals...he was terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    PLEASE...you guys were all about Lin when he was with the Knicks.
    I don't understand your post. Are you saying that I was bashing Lin in the last post? (I wasn't.)

Or are you trying to lump me in with Knicks fans as a homer who overrates our players? I can pretty much guarantee you have little to no evidence to support that but feel free to try it.

Neither of which proves what shooting guards will be better than Harden in 2 years. Still waiting on that...

vCash
    As a Heat fan, I believe I am more credible assessing harden than you do. After-all I watched every second he played in the finals...he was terrible.
    This is such a bogus statement. You were probably more biased in watching than someone who is a non-heat fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Perception is reality.

vCash
    Damn you're right. I missed the Finals. 3 bad game sample size FTW!

vCash
    In short, yes, Harden's worth it. He's got a 6th man of the year award, an NBA finals appearance, and an Olympic gold medal to prove it.

I've sat back and watched K-Mart in decline for the past 3 seasons and to be honest this preseason was a glimmer of potential but nothing like he was in the past.

Nothing.

He's a great guy, and was once a real force in the backcourt but his defense was always lacking, the new flopping rules have taken away most of his arsenal, and his shooting touch has been vauge at best for 2 seasons. He's somewhere in the mid-point of his career while he's surrounded by a bunch of bright-eyed youthful potential. He HAD to know this day was coming, especially after the first failed trade attempt and his discomfort with finding out about it.

Harden fits Houston's new line of thinking on the roster and now the final piece of the "blow-up" is in place. Now it's just a matter of do we yank Taj Gibson the same way or do we hold out and try to lure Josh Smith here next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    He wasn't who the **** includes incentives when talking about a base contract.
    I didn't feel like arguing... Thought I'd just let it go, haha.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash

vCash
    I think you are getting caught up on him being worth Kobe or Wade, that aint the point here.

Batum just signed an 11mill a year deal - Harden is better than him
    Hibbert just signed a 15mill year deal
    Lopez just signed a 15mill max deal
    Ibaka was what the thunder could get for 11mill per year

So yes Harden is worth his 15mill a year over 5 years (his max deal being around 78/5)

The thing that sticks out is he turned down 53/4 which is around the 13.5mill a year (but only 4 years). As a rockets fan that concerns me, as he was happy to walk away from a contender for about 6mill over 4 years (or 1.5mill per season). I agree he has the right to chase the biggest contract he can get and that's fine, he does however give up the right to say junk like "Winning is all the matters to me" - and that is why I am a little concerned that we just signed JoeJohn 2.0.
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    I'd say no. Harden is a very good player, but not max worthy. Harden is a guy that will get 20-22 ppg, and he excels as a pick and roll player, but teams don't understand you cannot break the bank and pay max money for guys like this. There's about 8 guys in the NBA that deserve max deals. Rose, Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Howard, CP3, Griffin, Love.. Those are 5 star players. There's are some that belong in the tier under that and Harden is certainly in that 4 star category.
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"

vCash
    James Harden is NOT worth 15 million per year. The lockout has made these mid-tier guys contracts even more ridiculous than it was before. I remember guys like Harden, Gordon, etc were getting about 12-13 per million. NOT everyone commanding the max contract.

Seriously the Thunder were giving him 13.5 million per year to be in a GREAT situation. To leave the team, over ~2 million per year is crazy. From a basketball perspective, it makes no sense at all. How much was Harden making before? rookie contract 4 million per year?

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    James Harden > Dwyane Wade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    James Harden > Dwyane Wade
    By the end of his next contract, definitely. Which is why he is worth it (his "mini-max" contract)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Kevin Martin may have been a "better" scorer three years ago. He isn't now. Harden is more efficient. He is way younger.

And no, he wasn't terrible when Durant or Westbrook wasn't on the floor.

Is he worth the max? No, not right now. But there are few players who are EVER worth the max. In today's NBA landscape, he is as worthy as most players who receive one though.

He will not be as good in his first year of starting, and the deal may be better for the Thunder in the long run, solely based on what they get out of the draft picks. But by no means is this a bad deal for the Rockets. Harden is a very good player. He is only scratching his surface as a player.

Martin is a better scorer...smh....dumbest thing I have heard in a while. Based on no facts at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    James Harden is NOT worth 15 million per year. The lockout has made these mid-tier guys contracts even more ridiculous than it was before. I remember guys like Harden, Gordon, etc were getting about 12-13 per million. NOT everyone commanding the max contract.

Seriously the Thunder were giving him 13.5 million per year to be in a GREAT situation. To leave the team, over ~2 million per year is crazy. From a basketball perspective, it makes no sense at all. How much was Harden making before? rookie contract 4 million per year?
    The lockout didn't make mid-tier guys worth that much, the CBA did.

You put in a salary cap for players, put in punitive luxury taxes, put in a spending MINIMUM, and combine that with a limited number of tier 1 superstars with 30 teams in the league and what else do you expect teams to do?

If you're one of the 20 teams that can't land a top 10 superstar... what are YOU going to spend your cap space on to meet your spending minimum? You're NOT going to sign 10 rookies...

As for leaving over $2M per year, easy for you to say "skip the $8M ... oh wait, that's $8M + $3M (5.5% oklahoma state income tax $52M) AND the possible security of a 5th year."

If I was Harden and 23 years old I wouldn't leave $11M+ on the table... not when teams show they'll trade you in a heartbeat to save a few bucks. OH wait, they DID trade him to save a few bucks and some cap flexibility...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast