Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

James Harden worth max contract?

I am surprised at the level of praise James Harden and the Houston Rocket have been receiving post-trade; I am even more surprised how people forget that Kevin Martin is a solid player, and also a better scorer than James Harden. Now, judging by the players/draft picks Houston gave up to get Harden, the Rockets seem prepared to give him a max contract. Harden is a good player when either Durant or Westbrook is on the floor but he is terrible when neither is playing. Harden is not a franchise player, he just happened to be in a great situation where the little he contributed looked big to outsiders. I disagree with most that Houston got the better of the trade, I actually think OKC are better off now (Martin is a better scorer) and in the future (2 first round draft picks). I am confused as to the direction the Rockets are going as of late, are they rebuilding or are they just adding everyone else's seconds? They previously gave Lin a huge contract and now they trade for Harden? those two players have the potential to give up 15 turn-overs per game.

Is James Harden worth max contract?

vCash
    Look at the market value of SG's around the league. That is what determines a players worth. If you do that he is certainly worth a MAX deal. For 95% of the teams in the NBA he is def. worth a max contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Look at the market value of SG's around the league. That is what determines a players worth. If you do that he is certainly worth a MAX deal. For 95% of the teams in the NBA he is def. worth a max contract.
    I understand the system is broken but realistically, is Harden worth that much? Well, I think one or two players in the league are actually worth max contract (Durant and Lebron)

vCash
    I don't think you understand what a max contract is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Martin is not a better scorer than Harden. At all.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    1. His contract isn't a true MAX deal because of his tenure in the NBA.
    2. His production offensively was among the top 5% of the player's last season.
    3. In 2 years (with Wade and Kobe continuing to decline), I believe Harden will be the best shooting guard in the league.

Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    I don't think you understand what a max contract is.
    For someone like Harden it will be around 58-60 mill for four years. That means he gets paid 20/yr. Max contract is ultimately determined by number of years in the league...need more explanation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    for someone like harden it will be around 58-60 mill for four years. That means he gets paid 20/yr. Max contract is ultimately determined by number of years in the league...need more explanation?
    60/4=15

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    1. His contract isn't a true MAX deal because of his tenure in the NBA.
    2. His production offensively was among the top 5% of the player's last season.
    3. In 2 years (with Wade and Kobe continuing to decline), I believe Harden will be the best shooting guard in the league.

Yes.
    I disagree.

vCash
    ^^^ Care to explain. While my lights flicker on and off I could use a distraction.

vCash
    I disagree.
    In 2 years who will be better than him?

I can see MAYBE MAYBE Eric Gordon IF he stays healthy (long shot).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    60/4=15
    I was including other incentives i.e play-offs

vCash
    I was including other incentives i.e play-offs
    Oh, okay.

vCash
    This is silly, of course he's a max player. He's a top 3 SG who plays both sides of the floor and is only 23, injury aside where do you go wrong with having a player like Harden locked up long term?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    ^^^ Care to explain. While my lights flicker on and off I could use a distraction.
    By saying Harden will be the best SG iin two years, you are simply saying he's a franchise player...now tell me the potential you see in him that'll make him a franchise player? He will never be as good as Wade or Kobe.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast