Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYGBP View Post
    If you trade Cano AND Granderson the offense that you saw in the playoffs, would be the offense year round.
    ding ding ding ding

we have a winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Or you give him up due to him wanting a 10 year / 200 million dollar deal next offseason. Right now we could trade him and get some value. We always talk about our farm and using our kids. Our most MLB ready prospect is probably David Adams, a second baseman.

I'm not saying trade him. But I would entertain offers, just to see.....
    This.
    I wouldnt trade him just because he had a bad postseason. His contract demands and the fact he has BorASS as an agent only makes things worse. I would definately gauge the market and see what return he would net.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    ypu lets give up the best seond basemen in baseball because of one post season
    yup its this post season and has nothing to do with his absurd contract demands
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYGBP View Post
    If you trade Cano AND Granderson the offense that you saw in the playoffs, would be the offense year round.
    you are aware we would get stuff back for them right? you are acting like we are just giving them away for free

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    damn i dont want to give away cano, guy is still one of best hitters, grandy i dont care as much, i hope cano doesnt listen to boras

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    you are aware we would get stuff back for them right? you are acting like we are just giving them away for free
    What is this "stuff" you speak of?

vCash
    Baseball is a game of two completely different seasons. In Basketball the regular season record is a good indication on how you'll do in the playoffs.

In Baseball the regular season is completely different from the playoffs. You need a deep quality rotation and bullpen, a "productive line up" to get you through the season.
    You dont need an Ace to make it to the playoffs, you dont need a great bulpen, you dont need clutch and timely hitting. The yankess have made the playoffs in past without having an ace, they've had horrible Bulpens in the past, and they seem to always have a line up that cannot hit with runners in scorring position.

But in the playoffs you need an Ace (maybe even 2 or 3), you need a good bulpen (imagine if we had Robertson in 2004), and you need timely and clutch hitting. The Yankees always seems to have the roster to make the playoffs and win 95+ games every season. But they dont have the Roster to win in the playoffs. This year we had the rotation and the bulpen but not the offense. In the playoffs a garbage team like the tigers that won just 87 games (I think we won more games the year we missed the playoffs) in weak division sweeps us or a team like last year's Cardinals that barely made the playoffs wins the world series.

So guys like Swisher, Arod, Granderson, Texiera (not as much anymore) even though they're complete *******, give us the production needed to make the playoffs.

I dont think Cashman is going to trade Granderson because he doesnt want to risk missing the playoffs. Cashman just needs to be smart going forward and not hand out anymore big contracts. We've been doing well with one year contracts Like Kuroda, Garcia, Colon, Ibanez, Andrew Jones (2011), Chavez, Ichiro. Tori Hunter makes alot of sense for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    What is this "stuff" you speak of?
    stuff means anything you want it to mean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12