Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Most Pirates fans want it to be a trade of Capuano + Gordon for Hanrahan and a prospect.

As for myself I don't particularly get the fascination with Gordon. He was as bad as Barmes at the plate last season, terrible in the field and is no more a leadoff hitter than Starling Marte who to put it kindly I am record on here saying I want to see no where near the top of the order.
    That is a little too much to give up for Hanahan IMO... Alot of people **** on Dee, but he hasn't had any time to prove his potential, he did well in the minor leagues, and was adequate in 2011 after he came up to the MLB, last year he had his so called sophomore slump and then was hurt and never got another chance..
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    That is a little too much to give up for Hanahan IMO... Alot of people **** on Dee, but he hasn't had any time to prove his potential, he did well in the minor leagues, and was adequate in 2011 after he came up to the MLB, last year he had his so called sophomore slump and then was hurt and never got another chance..
    I agree that is too much for Hanrahan but I still really don't like Gordon. Our problem last year wasn't too much offense from the shortstop position.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    How are the pirates looking at 1st next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I agree that is too much for Hanrahan but I still really don't like Gordon. Our problem last year wasn't too much offense from the shortstop position.
    good closers arent cheep but i dont like capuano or gordan and i dont want to trade with the dodgers they are fast becomming the yankees east. id prefer a trade with detroit and now that the jays have traded d'anaud. id rather a team over pay for him or just keep him till the trade deadline

vCash
    More rumors about Hanrahan surfacing. I think Capuano would be a fair price but not really what I'm looking for in return. Maybe we could expand that deal and get something else along with Capuano.

vCash
    I'm ready for this thing to happen already... Capuano + a lower spect should be enough to get it done
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I'm ready for this thing to happen already... Capuano + a lower spect should be enough to get it done
    I would still expect a decent prospect. Looking at the LAD system Matt Magill and Angel Sanchez look like decent arms and Alex Castellanos would be a good position player to add.

vCash
    Like you said Capuano for Hanrahan straight up is a pretty fair price in it's own, I don't think we need to add another piece of solid value
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Like you said Capuano for Hanrahan straight up is a pretty fair price in it's own, I don't think we need to add another piece of solid value
    Just natural concerns about someone who has fairly recently missed nearly 3 entire seasons with injuries. If Capuano was durable I would do the deal in a second but trading a very steady RP for a veteran SP who hasn't even averaged 100 IP over the last 5 years is a tough pill to swallow.

vCash
    I can understand your concerns, but Cappy was very durable and for the most part reliable last season, and both players are due to be free agents at the end of 2013 I believe, so their is some risk in it for both teams if the players walk, but I'd be in for throwing an additional spect though
    Foam Party!

vCash
    In some ways the fact that Capuano was healthy the last two years concerns me even more. He just seems like a ticking time bomb so I'm not even confident he'll start 15 games. The Pirates would need another piece and it would have to be someone I was confident would be able to help at the major league level.

vCash
    He's pitched 33 games the last 2 seasons... Capuano that is..

I think you might be overvaluing Hanrahan, you can't get a solid starter and a solid spect for what is gonna be a middle reliever for us, it might not be right, but the market for starting pitching is so tight and getting a quality arm like Capuano isn't easy to obtain, hell we could ask for an additional porspect
    Foam Party!

vCash

I think you might be overvaluing Hanrahan, you can't get a solid starter and a solid spect for what is gonna be a middle reliever for us, it might not be right, but the market for starting pitching is so tight and getting a quality arm like Capuano isn't easy to obtain, hell we could ask for an additional porspect
    I think you are overvaluing Capuano. Over the last 5 years Capuano has posted a 2.9 WAR (bbref) (4.2 WAR fangraphs) and Hanrahan has posted a 3.9 WAR (bbref) (4.6 WAR fangraphs). This middle reliever has posted a higher WAR than the SP. Now that means one of 3 things, the reliever is very good, the starter very bad or that the starter has injury problems. Anyone of those 3 things being true should indicate that Hanrahan is more valuable straight up than Capuano.

I agree the difference between a year of each player is small but it should be at least enough for the Pirates to obtain a depth reliever, a bench player or back of the rotation prospect who might be ready in 2014.

You are looking at it and thinking of Capuano as a starter who will start 25+ games but the real way of looking at this is that Capuano is a starter the Pirates would probably be rather fortunate to get 15 starts from. Anything above that would be a bonus.
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 12-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.

vCash

imo if the dodgers want hanrahan let em sign him as a fa next winter. yanks west have nothing id trade for

vCash
    id rather they signed joe saunders than trade for an injury plaqued pitcher. to bad they couldent land bourne for lf. drew signed with the bosox so it looks like another long season with barmes at ss swo first base the corner out field spots and a vet pitcher are the spots that need won or filled for the 013 version of the pirates

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast