Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    This is actually now getting a little funny. The Twins signed Brandon Boggs.
    There were only 5 players who recieved 100 or more PA with the Pirates in AAA who were with the Pirates at the end of 2012 (that exludes Gorkys Hernandez and Jake Fox) and who were not retained by the Pirates. One of them, Yamaico Navarro, was traded to the Orioles, one of them, Jose Morales, remains unsigned and the other 3, Jeff Clement, Brandon Boggs and Eric Fyer have all signed minor league contracts with the Twins.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    You'd think they were out to get us or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    You'd think they were out to get us or something
    Sort of an interesting dynamic Pittsburgh has with Minnesota right now. The Steelers took Tomlin from the Vikings to be their head coach. The Wild took Chuck Fletcher and Mike Yeo to be their GM and head coach. The Twins took Sano, Doumit, Correia and a slew of minor leaguers from the Pirates. I have yet to find a connection between the Timberwolves and Pittsburgh though.

vCash
    I used to/still do like KG lol. There's our final connection

vCash
    Most Pirates fans want it to be a trade of Capuano + Gordon for Hanrahan and a prospect.

As for myself I don't particularly get the fascination with Gordon. He was as bad as Barmes at the plate last season, terrible in the field and is no more a leadoff hitter than Starling Marte who to put it kindly I am record on here saying I want to see no where near the top of the order.
    I'm not too sold on Gordon myself however the only thing he has that intrigues me is speed. I'd like to see some speed and some more running whether it be Gordon or someone else. Someone who can create a little havoc on the basepaths who is a threat to go. Lord knows we've seen it quite a bit of that done to us these last few years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rster View Post
    Most Pirates fans want it to be a trade of Capuano + Gordon for Hanrahan and a prospect.

As for myself I don't particularly get the fascination with Gordon. He was as bad as Barmes at the plate last season, terrible in the field and is no more a leadoff hitter than Starling Marte who to put it kindly I am record on here saying I want to see no where near the top of the order.
    I'm not too sold on Gordon myself however the only thing he has that intrigues me is speed. I'd like to see some speed and some more running whether it be Gordon or someone else. Someone who can create a little havoc on the basepaths who is a threat to go. Lord knows we've seen it quite a bit of that done to us these last few years...
    He has speed yes but so does Darren Ford who we signed this offseason. No one is calling for him to play. Speed is worthless if you can't get on base and Gordon has a big problem doing that.

vCash
    To be fair, the kid is only 24. He hit .304 in 2011, but slumped badly this year. He could use a few pounds on his small frame, but the jury is still out on him. He needs to develop some plate discipline, but he has the one skill that can't be taught.

vCash
    Just throwing out a random idea here but we know the Mariners were interested in Jones and Hanrahan in the past and we also know they are disappointed they missed out on Hamilton. Perhaps we could get them to increase their offer for the pair. So instead of Jaso, Noesi and Smoak I would like to see Franklin and Smoak. The Pirates may have to kick in a solid prospect as well but I think it could be worth it.

That would free up a fair chunk of money meaning another pursuit of an Edwin Jackson type for the middle of the rotation could happen. It would give an interesting Smoak/Sanchez platoon at 1B and it would give the Pirates an almost reay shortstop option for this season and beyond.

The Mariners may never go for it and having Smoak/Sanchez, Marte and Snider/Tabata manning three of the corner positions is a huge risk but it might just be one worth taking.

vCash
    Can't say I know much about any of the Mariners prospects lol but with SS being such a valubale position and no immediate help in the minors available, it would certainly be worth considering

vCash
    The Porcello rumors are back with the Tigers signing Sanchez. That would be a great return for Hanrahan. Maybe the Pirates kick in some money or even add a prospect or player. A guy like d'Arnaud might interest them as a bench player. Also a Tabata for Boesch swap could make sense.

vCash
    Tigers just look like a perfect match for us. The 3 things they are looking for are a closer (Hanrahan) a RH OF to platoon (Tabata) and a defensive shortstop (Barmes).

On the other hand the Pirates need a starting pitcher (Porcello), some power on the bench (Boesch) and some middle infield depth (Santiago). The Tigers are known to be looking to move Porcello and Boesch and Santiago becomes expendable with Barmes.

I'm not sure if I would do that straight up but kick in an interesting prospect and that looks very intriguing to me.

Marte, LF (I've conceded its happening)
    Walker, 2B
    McCutchen, CF
    Jones, 1B
    Alvarez, 3B
    Martin, C
    Snider, RF
    Mercer, SS

McKenry, C
    Sanchez, CI
    Santiago, MI
    Boesch, OF
    Harrison, U

Burnett, SP
    Rodriguez, SP
    Porcello, SP
    McDonald, SP
    Locke, SP

Grilli, CL
    FA, SU
    Morris, SU
    Hughes, MR
    Watson, MR
    Leroux, LR
    Mazzaro, LR

vCash
    Looks good to me. Im at the point Im missing the Pirates
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Knowing this team Im sure 15 games into the season Ill be singing a different tune though haha
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    The Porcello rumors are back with the Tigers signing Sanchez. That would be a great return for Hanrahan. Maybe the Pirates kick in some money or even add a prospect or player. A guy like d'Arnaud might interest them as a bench player. Also a Tabata for Boesch swap could make sense.
    Burgh, you and i have gone back and forth on Hanrahan for Porcello a time or two and i see these rumors coming out again. Looks like you may be correct as the so-called "experts" are saying the trade makes sense. I'm still not a big Porcello guy but a move to the NL, plus his age have me coming around a little. With the Grilli signing and Sanchez signing in Detroit, this may happen

vCash
    The Pirates promoted Jeff Branson from AAA to be the assistant hitting coach.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast