Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Really like the Martin pick up and really bummed they didn't keep Karstens. He was the man.

vCash
    Well that just makes the Martin signing even more pointless. Why sign a catcher if you aren't going to keep the people you need to pitch to him. Spend 17 million on a below average catcher but release a mid rotation starter because he was due 4 million.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I see now there is a rumor Hanrahan could be dealt for Capuano. What sense is that? Capuano is no better than Karstens. We are just spinning our wheels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I see now there is a rumor Hanrahan could be dealt for Capuano. What sense is that? Capuano is no better than Karstens. We are just spinning our wheels.
    Even though i dont like the deal i would take capuano over karstens just because of durability issues. Plus I think capuano style might play well in PNC park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    Even though i dont like the deal i would take capuano over karstens just because of durability issues. Plus I think capuano style might play well in PNC park.
    They're pretty similar, but I do think Cap is the slightly better pitcher. He's older though.

But the fact that they could have just tendered Karstens and probably NOT have had to trade Hanrahan for a replacement is what's upsetting to me.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    The Pirates traded Navarro to the Orioles for a pitcher named Jhondaniel Medina. I know nothing about him but he is coming off a pretty good showing in rookie ball and he was only 19 so he might have some potential.

Also some rumblings that Resop might have been traded to the As.

vCash
    Pirates acquired RHP Zach Thornton from the Athletics in exchange for RHP Chris Resop.
    Thornton, a 23rd round pick from the 2010 draft, posted a 4.53 ERA and 1.42 WHIP in 53 2/3 innings as a 24-year-old at High-A Stockton in 2012. He's unlikely to make an impact at the major league level in 2013.

vCash
    Pirates acquired RHP Jhondaniel Medina from the Orioles in exchange for INF Yamaico Navarro.
    The 19-year-old Venezuelan prospect posted a 4.14 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, and 50/20 K/BB ratio in 50 innings between two minor league levels in 2012. Considering Navarro had been designated for assignment, it's a decent get for the Pirates.

vCash
    if they trade hanrahan to the dodgers for capuano it will be a very unballanced trade for the pirates. i hate to see karstens leave but they will be hard pressed to find a better replacement with out spending a lot for a quality starter

vCash
    Resop was indeed traded to the As for some high A relief pitcher named Zach Thorton. He had a decent season in A+ but was old for the level at 24 years of age. Not much of a return but little should have been expected.

vCash
    So Karstens has been DFA'd and Resop traded so far the Pirates have managed to successfully avoid non-tendering anyone. The last of the trifecta Morton should end that streak. As for the other 5 I can't imagine they are even considering a non-tender to any of them but who really knows at this point.

vCash
    Burgh 66, i agree with you about Karstens. I understand he has had some injury issues but for the money, i think he was a serviceable starter. I continue to disagree that Porcello is enough of a return for Hanrahan. Same with Capuano. Hanrahan is an all-star, legit closer. They are hard to come by and there aren't very many of them out there. He wasn't as good last season as he was the previous season but i think if he is moved, it has to be for a legit bat. I don't have any names off the top of my head but i'll look at teams that need closers and formulate a list of what i think is a good return but it has to be a run producer or a No. 2 starter

vCash
    1 year of Hanrahan at 7 million dollars doesn't have a lot of value. Capuano has only one year of control left so I wouldn't take him for that reason but Porcello has 3 years and has shown himself to be a very reliable pitcher who should only improve with a decent infield behind him.

The time to trade him for an impact bat was at the 2011 deadline. The Pirates past on that and now will need to accept less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    1 year of Hanrahan at 7 million dollars doesn't have a lot of value. Capuano has only one year of control left so I wouldn't take him for that reason but Porcello has 3 years and has shown himself to be a very reliable pitcher who should only improve with a decent infield behind him.

The time to trade him for an impact bat was at the 2011 deadline. The Pirates past on that and now will need to accept less.
    why should they settle for less thier are more fa.s that can be had that is why i figured they would trade him to toronto for d'arnaud and sierra. the jays are over stocked at catcher and the pirates need a bat included in any deal. also i was wondering if the pirates would talk trade with the royals for thier young slugger

vCash
    D'Arnaud has value similar to Taillon. No team is going to deal a top prospect for one fairly expensive year of Hanrahan. Getting a serviceable controllable player for Hanrahan would be a great deal for the Pirates.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast