Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pre-Season Week 1: Washington Redskins vs. Tennessee Titans, 7:00 CT

Figured I could start a thread to discuss what we're looking forward to seeing, in game, and post game reactions.

***Any guests feel free to sign up and join in!***
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/register.php
    Last edited by scarylarry23; 08-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    I'm obviously looking forward to seeing how the first teams looks as in tempo, O-line cohesion(Stingily starting in place of Stewart), the chemistry between Jake and the Wideouts, and seeing if Gray/Williams show much in terms of the different formations we've all heard about.

There are two things I'm most looking forward to tonight.

1. What do the Corners not named Jason McCourty look like. I believe Verner is getting the start tonight and week 3 with Tommie Campbell getting the starts week 2 and 4. I want to get a look at Sensabaugh, Blidi-Wreh-Wilson, and Kahlid Wooten. I expect those 3 and maybe Campbell getting the lion share tonight.

2. The Receivers and Tight Ends, like the Corners, not named Britt, Washington, and Wright. Those three look to be locked into those top three spots. If you believe the depth chart Hunter has been buried to the third team on the outside. I don't know if this is due to him not grasping the playbook or what, but I'm really, really hoping he shows us some things tonight. Taylor Thompson is the last guy, he has been getting quite a bit of buzz this camp with him moving inside and out. It sounds like they are using him like they did Jared Cook. If so that'll be exciting for me cause I've liked his athleticism since we drafted him, and he doesn't have to do much to be a better blocker than Cook.

Win/Lose/Draw I couldn't be more excited for tonight.
    Last edited by scarylarry23; 08-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Definitely want to see how Locker does first and foremost. Pre-season defenses don't go that hard but let's see how his accuracy looks.

I wanna see all of the WR's. Britt, Wright, Nate, Hunter, Preston specifically. Also how Mariani looks as a real WR.

I wanna see an improvement from Taylor Thompson at TE. Doyle the TE as well, they've been hyping him up in camp.

Morgan as well but he probably won't play long. Lavar Edwards, Klug & Mike Martin. How does Sammie Lee Hill look? Same with Pito.

The DT battle for #4 spot between Johnson, Charles and Harris. One of these guys will make the team.

Looking forward to seeing Fokou since he could be our MLB starter.

Wanna see the young DBs such as Martin, Wooten, Wreh-Wilson & Stafford.

Verner has the start at CB, let's hope he makes the most of it.

vCash
    Not a desired start...

vCash
    QB - Unfortunately Locker didn't get a chance to sling it too much but I saw some good things. I want to say there were four 3rd down passing conversions (one being that screen) that included 2 nice throws to Washington, and one to Britt; throws that were made in tight windows. I saw improved accuracy and improved decision making -- which is huge. Complain he didn't sling it but I saw smart check downs when last year he would have forced it down field and thrown INTs because of it. Fitzy didn't show much, Rusty shows why he sticks as the 3rd QB.

RB - OL looked great for CJ & Greene. This is going to be a very good 1-2 punch. If Mariani sticks as returner, Reynaud is 100% gone. Battle had the upper hand over Parmele tonight for that 3rd string RB job. We ran the ball a lot today yes but that's preparing for what our strategy is clearly going to be -- we want to run it down the D's throat and we're working on that this pre-season.

WR - I'm glad Nate is still here, he looked good. As for the young guys, Wright had that bonehead drop and we barely saw Hunter, besides that dumb 3rd down play where he didn't get the first. D-Will showed why he should stick and Preston had good and bad moments.

Not much to say about the TE's or OL. 1st team OL looked good though. The late reserves looked bad.

Lavar Edwards, Scott Solomon & Karl Klug were involved in some plays, that's a good sign. Didn't see much of Wimbley, Casey, Martin or Lee Hill. Pito showed off some of his size. Morgan had a great play in the backfield. Antonio Johnson looked good on a few instances.

Zach Brown was involved quite a bit early. Fokou also made his presence known. Mccarthy may be in trouble.

The young DB's got abused quite a bit. I thought Campbell, Wreh-Wilson and Wooten all looked bad. Didn't really notice any safeties either. Coty Sensabaugh was one young DB that looked good.

I'm not freaking out at all. I like what I saw from the first team offenses and defenses. D schemes were a little soft at times, but I'm hoping that's just about not tipping the hand too much.

vCash
    The Good

- To the Offensive Line. They looked amazing. Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene had runs where you probably could have drove a golf cart through there untouched into the secondary. And this even without David Stewart....

- Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene. They were benefit of some really good blocking but won battles and made yardage after that fact. Chris Johnson sprung a 58-yard touchdown making a defender miss in the secondary. Shonn Greene was falling forward and getting an extra 1-2 yards on every run which is exactly why they brought him onto the team. He picked up that 4th and 1 where he got hit almost right at the line and ended up pushing forward for about 2 yards.

- Damian Williams may have been the best receiver in the game and needs to get some more reps. He had the best target-to-catch ratio last year and just is too good to be stuck as a #4 or #5 receiver.

- Fokou had some big hits and was in several other plays.

- Battle got some reps with the 1st team and the Titans are really big on the guy because he is something crazy like 250 a punishing runner that can also lineup and play fullback.

The Bad

- The 1st team secondary didn't look that great. Cousins was having a fairly easy time throwing the ball. Now granted this was the first game and running a base defense. But all the same you want to see your 31st ranked pass defense from last year do better against another teams #2 quarterback.

- Tommie Campbell didn't do himself any favors in winning that starting spot. They were picking on him as I believe he allowed 6 receptions and 4 of those were on a single drive. This against guys like Morgan and Stallworth.

- Darius Reynaud didn't do anything when given reps in the backfield. Now granted he didn't have the level of blocking but all the same you have to make something happen at some point.

vCash
    Mike Munchak said after the game that they will be working on throwing the ball alot more in the next game.

vCash
    I'm glad Munchak said that. Reynaud better pray he sticks as the returner over Mariani, because that's the only chance he has to make the team. At best, he's our 4th best RB, maybe 5th in camp right now.

vCash
    I wished I could have watched this one, but I had some work to do Thursday night. But I was glad to see the running game appears to be back on track. That should take a lot of pressure off of Locker if the running game is this effective this season.