Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,577
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    Well, he signed an extension. 4 years 38 mil. I am huge on Jones. I honestly think the Rockets should trade Morris/Patterson/Douglas for a shooter/scorer off the bench to make room for Jones/Dmo and fill a need.
    Yeah neither one of them played. I fuicking hate Morris. I wish we would trade him for anything.

    Trade Morris for JJ Redick YES!!!! BALLIN!!!
    ...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clutch City
    Posts
    1,855
    vCash
    1500
    Patrick Patterson is better for one. For two, we are looking for stars and Taj Gibson is far from a star. For three, why go after him and give up more of our assets when we can wait to sign Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Paul Milsap, etc. in the off-season

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,973
    vCash
    1500
    You mean Patterson is better than Gibson?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,366
    vCash
    1500
    I think P-Pat could put some decent numbers as a starter, something like 15 and 8. I'd give him this season to see what he can really do when healthy and playing starter minutes, if it doesn't work out we can go after Jefferson or Smith in the offseason.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In your Fridge, Houston, Tx
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    Well, he took the 4yr/38 mil .... which to be honest is a bargain. While I'd have loved to have seen him here wearing a different shade of red, with monster putback jams, it sounds like in his interview that he's perfectly happy where he is.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,973
    vCash
    1500
    Man it's almost 10 million a year for a backup player. There's a strong chance they cut Boozer next year, but 38 million is too much for him, even though I really like him, his defense his amazing. Think about him in a Rockets' jersey, we don't have any offensive big in the roster, unless Motiejunas steps up, would you pay this kind of money for a defensive big when you already have Asik, or in Chicago's case, Noah?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In your Fridge, Houston, Tx
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    I think he's a vicious defender because... well... look who he plays for?

    What I had envisioned was a stonewall frontcourt with Asik and Gibson as a foundation, maybe a Patterson or Parsons to swing over to the 3, with two young guns in Lin and Harden. Let the guards carry the point load and have 3 bigs quietly pull in 15+ and a plethora of blocks, rebounds and steals.

    Parsons pulled in 11, Asik had 12, Delfino had 15, Smith had 10 ... get these guys and Lin a few more on the board and we'd be awwwwright.
    Last edited by Snakeyestx; 11-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC94 View Post
    I think P-Pat could put some decent numbers as a starter, something like 15 and 8. I'd give him this season to see what he can really do when healthy and playing starter minutes, if it doesn't work out we can go after Jefferson or Smith in the offseason.
    I'd much rather go after someone a lot younger than Smith and Jefferson.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,645
    vCash
    2502
    I know everyone is crazy about Josh Smith, but I'll be honest, I hate his offensive game. He shoots WAY too many long jumpers for someone who makes so few of them. According to 82games.com, 61 percent of his shot attempts were jumpers last season and he shot a pathetic EFG% of .388. That's unacceptable. And it shows in his awful overall FG% (.458), EFG% (.470) and TS% (.499). Hell, the dude shot 109 three-pointers last season and made only 28 of them for less than 26 percent!!!!! He did get to the line 4.9 times per game, but he was only a .630 FT shooter last year, so it's kind of useless.

    He is a phenomenal defender and shot blocker, and he's a very good rebounder for his size, but I think he's more detrimental to an offense a lot of times than he is helpful. Most people view him as a weak No. 1 or a solid No. 2, but I view him as a really inefficient No. 3 on a contending team who is utilized way more for his defense.

    If I'm Houston, I would much rather have his counterpart, Al Horford. Horford is probably a tad behind Smith on the defensive side of the ball and in terms or rebounds and shot blocks, but he's a superior offensive player with great range on his jumper, who can actually make free throws and is an excellent passer. I think of him as slightly lesser version of Pau Gasol, but with better defensive instincts.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,973
    vCash
    1500
    Horford still has 4 years left in his contract and he lost more than 50 games last season.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    1500
    Well lets see what Donatas, Patterson, Jones and White plays this year and then look at free agent PF's next year. I'm hoping at least one of them can pan out.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    Well lets see what Donatas, Patterson, Jones and White plays this year and then look at free agent PF's next year. I'm hoping at least one of them can pan out.
    This.

    And then sign Chris Paul.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,645
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Horford still has 4 years left in his contract and he lost more than 50 games last season.
    I know he was hurt, but look at his career and you'll see he's not an injury prone guy. Prior to that, he had missed more than 10 games only once in his previous four years.

    But as far as actually getting him, I don't think the Rockets have a chance in hell of trading for him, because he's probably Atlanta's biggest foundational piece right now. His contract at $12 million a year is a steal though, and I would trade for him in a heartbeat if it were possible.


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone:24159061
    I know everyone is crazy about Josh Smith, but I'll be honest, I hate his offensive game. He shoots WAY too many long jumpers for someone who makes so few of them. According to 82games.com, 61 percent of his shot attempts were jumpers last season and he shot a pathetic EFG% of .388. That's unacceptable. And it shows in his awful overall FG% (.458), EFG% (.470) and TS% (.499). Hell, the dude shot 109 three-pointers last season and made only 28 of them for less than 26 percent!!!!! He did get to the line 4.9 times per game, but he was only a .630 FT shooter last year, so it's kind of useless.

    He is a phenomenal defender and shot blocker, and he's a very good rebounder for his size, but I think he's more detrimental to an offense a lot of times than he is helpful. Most people view him as a weak No. 1 or a solid No. 2, but I view him as a really inefficient No. 3 on a contending team who is utilized way more for his defense.

    If I'm Houston, I would much rather have his counterpart, Al Horford. Horford is probably a tad behind Smith on the defensive side of the ball and in terms or rebounds and shot blocks, but he's a superior offensive player with great range on his jumper, who can actually make free throws and is an excellent passer. I think of him as slightly lesser version of Pau Gasol, but with better defensive instincts.
    Doubt it ever would happen but Horford would be spectacular for you guys and would be allowed to play his natural position so in theory his defense should improve.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In your Fridge, Houston, Tx
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    Ok, I know as well as anyone here that we're really heavy on forwards so I'll stop suggesting them. We're still a bit thin on the 1 and 2 in comparison, but I'd like to throw a monkey-wrench into this mix... a swingman, one who can play 2 or 3.

    Someone who has a bargain contract, and with the right enticement, maybe someone we could pry away from Utah.

    Gordon Hayward - he can play the 2 or the 3, his scoring could use a little help, but he's also a staunch defender, even negating Kobe Bryant. He's got 3 years left on his contract so even if it doesn't work out, it's a relatively short commitment. He's got room to grow, and here, he'd be surrounded by a team in a similar spot.

    Question is, what would we have to give up for him?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •